ADVERTISEMENT

5 star Leah Macy announcing tomorrow

bthaunert

All-American
Apr 4, 2007
Top 15 ranked player in the country out of Kentucky….any shot Brooks made up so much ground in the last month that UK gets her? Or is that a pipe dream?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Top 15 ranked player in the country out of Kentucky….any shot Brooks made up so much ground in the last month that UK gets her? Or is that a pipe dream?
I’m hoping UK gets her but I’m hearing from a lot on twitter it sounds like it’s probably Louisville. I just hope they’re totally wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: Fox2monk
Isn't there a girls board? I have Zero interest in female sports of any kind. Nothing in the title lets a us know that the thread is about girls basketball.
Geez. Sometimes it’s better to keep your mouth shut and people think you are no smart than to open it and people know.
This is a basketball forum, you don’t have a click on anything you don’t want to see, and if you thought there was a chance Leah Macy was a dude I just don’t know what to say.

I’ve never met a male named Leah. I’d put the odds at around 99% that it’s a female. Doesn’t seem like a toss up to me.
I’ve seen people with that name that pronounce it like “Lee.” If someone posted a thread about a 5 star named Ashley Smith you would assume it’s a girl but there’s guys with that name.

Is it her or the other high rated player from KY that has a grandfather that is a big UK fan?
It's her. He even had a basketball court built for her (he owns a paving company).

Screenshot-2023-08-14-at-12.43.06-PM-1024x747.png

Screenshot-2023-08-14-at-12.49.37-PM.png

Her grandfather has always been UK like us. What I read built him up a lot more of a fan than she seemed to be. But their bond is extremely close. Would be odd to me if she went against what he would want her to do.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
We should pass on her. There is a reason she’s bounced around so much in high school.
Yeah you don't know what that reason is. But no way youre gonnna let that stop you from saying she's a bad kid. See, you could just say nothin. But then, you wouldn't be talking shyt on the internet about a high school girl you dont know.

You stupid dumbass.

She’s good, but she’s not the big fish in KY, the girl at Sacred Heart is and Brooks has def had contact with her.
She’s a big fish as well though and would love to have her here. I guess it’s not us but she’s a good one. Now the girl you’re talking about is a bad bad girl. She is the real deal I believe. I’d just about take their starting five. lol. They have some young talent coming up as well. Must have one heck of a great coach there. Kentucky Basketball is improving in both girls and boys the last few years in my opinion. Brooks is doing a fantastic job and glad we got him, I think he’ll get some good players from here.

So why is Kentucky absolutely out for her? Seems like she grew up a UK fan.
Seems to be a lot of guessing based on timeline. Her recruitment has been pretty quiet as of late.

She also says that she grew up a Louisville fan, but she qualifies that statement with "I'm not a diehard Louisville fan." It's reasonable for a teenage girl playing basketball to have grown up liking Louisville because they have had the most sustained success over the past 15 years with Walz.

No matter what happens here, UK's momentum with Coach Brooks is very strong right now.

Looked at ESPN rankings, Johnson 7, Macy 14, Byars 37. Seems like Johnson has slipped a little, I always remember her being a top 3 player in her class. Def the best class in KY prob ever. Byars got hurt at end of season by the way.
It would sure be nice to have that trifecta of KY players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT