ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postgame Shorts:

- Beautiful. We played some beautiful basketball tonight. Moved the ball. Moved without the ball. Shared it. Spaced. Drove. Hit deep balls. Outstanding. Bring on those bitchass Jayhawks. Come get your whoopin.

- This easily could have been a chore. The a-hole refs gave them a 15-5 foul advantage. I’d say unbelievable but I’ve watched UK play in this Nashville dump for 37 years. Of course some hack goes crazy from deep. But Cats didn’t even break a sweat. Handled it. Impressive.

- It’s hell to go through but adversity builds character and can bring a team closer together.

- It’s lineups, man. I didn’t see one tonight that made my blood boil and most were great.

- Wheeler, as he showed tonight, is a terrific piece when he’s in space. I thought he was great.

- The pace and use of our guards really puts pressure on teams. We come at you and you have to guard 3/4 outside.

- Reeves is a bucket, but Fredrick is a bit different. He’s just a heady player who makes the right play.

- Toppin has been awesome. He’s developed into a terrific secondary ballhandler and remarkably a pretty good playmaker. Brings energy. Attacks. Uses his athleticism.

- Wallace is so good. Nice to see him hit shots again. Best fundamental perimeter defender I’ve seen here since MKG.

- Next guy we have to get going is Livingston. It’s coming. Cal’s starting to give him some good lineups.

- This team we’ve seen most of the past 4 games can play with anyone.

Hopefully toppin takes this wilson match up as one of the biggest opportunities of his career. Oscar going to need to step up defensively. Im excited again.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I thought Toppin's best play came right after a tip rebound he had around the 8 minute mark in the second half. He sprinting down the court and you can tell he's naturally feeling himself because he's playing well. CJ feeds him the ball deep on the baseline and he's got a one-on-one matchup. He was trying to back up his man and I was sure he was going to try some fadeaway bullshit jumper he would've shot two weeks ago or at any point earlier in the season. But instead, he realized he didn't have a good angle, reset with a kick out back to Wheeler, and five seconds later Oscar has a wide open pick and pop that he hits to extend the lead to 16 and the game is essentially over.

I've been so frustrated with him this year, but tonight he was a damn good, and smart, basketball player.

Cal is still absolutely unlistenable in post game. Something is off with that guy. Still calling out fans about Wheeler, still yammering about his legacy/records as if the last three years were an abberation.

HOFHCJVC: ‘What would you say if that was your son!?!?’
Me: ‘Sorry junior that you inherited my 5’8” height, penchant for over penetration, and ugly jump shot genes?’

Just play a decent lineup and shut up.

I’m waiting for him to steal my joy. It will happen… I’m confident.

Last edited:
-If you’re not eating the “natural” or no added sugar peanut butter you’re not doing it right. I’m a top 10 ranked peanut butter connoisseur and there’s no way “traditional” peanut butter should have double digit ingredients.

Manbun hack scoreless.
Are a lot of people in here bald? Seems like a lot of hairism round these parts. Black dudes with a lot of hair, “his stupid hair, cut that crap looks awful”. White guy with man bun, “stupid no talent man bun hack”.

Just feel like if anyone has a solid head of hair and doesn’t have it in a buzz cut a lot of people give them grief.

Sloot/Anth, did you guys ever decide on an under desk treadmill? In the market as well and my usual review sites don't cover that kind of thing.

TIA

- We heckle "Man-bun" guy because he's a smacking/grabbing no-talent hack . . . and he looks like Terry Silver.

- Won the games they were supposed to. Good job. Now go be SOMEBODY (RIP, BKH) against the Jayhawks and I might let you have your practice gear back.

- Antonio Reeves is our best offensive player. Point blank. Period. He's not just a shooter. Can score at all 3 levels and is slowly gaining enough confidence to create for himself. Cal just needed to give him a little more slack in that leash. Sometimes you just have to let ballers ball.

- Going to a funeral for my best friend's father this Friday. He was there for me when my dad suddenly passed a couple of years ago. He's a county attorney and took it upon himself to take care of all the legalities/paperwork free of charge (or whatever latin term you guys call it - pro bono?) Saved us over 25-30K in taxes, real estate, filing of the will, lawyer fees, etc. We've been besties since we were 4. Reliving our childhood through our fathers is nostalgic and therapeutic.

Later that night, my hometown's basketball team is recognizing my father's team. They were probably the best team that town has seen since the 50s. His team could never overcome Glasgow who later went on to win the State title that year. Glasgow started 2 players who also started for WKU's Final Four team. 4 guys from the South Central area started for the TOPS that year (Glover, Caverna; McDaniels, Allen Co; Dunn, Glasgow; Bailey, Glasgow).

Anyhow, the Booster's at my old school asked me and my brother to come down to be our father's representative as that team gets honored. Gonna be a great Friday, but tears will be shed.

- Weird that I coached at my dad's old school nemesis. But here's a story: Before Christmas of this year, one of my former players was being featured on ESPN during his Bowl Game. He caught a TD and threw a TD in the 1st half!!!!

So the basketball program I'm with now - we were all hanging out in a hotel for a Pre-Christmas tourney. Our bookkeeper is a young female. She's Facetiming her friend who is a trainer for WKU's football team and she's right there on the sideline. So our bookkeeper asks me, "Hey, do you want to talk to Dalvin?" I'm like, "right now? He's in the middle of the game." She said, "he's standing right next to my friend and she can put him on."

So I Facetimed with a former player of mine from the sidelines of his bowl game while his highlights were being replayed live on ESPN. That was kinda cool.

- We heckle "Man-bun" guy because he's a smacking/grabbing no-talent hack . . . and he looks like Terry Silver.

- Won the games they were supposed to. Good job. Now go be SOMEBODY (RIP, BKH) against the Jayhawks and I might let you have your practice gear back.

- Antonio Reeves is our best offensive player. Point blank. Period. He's not just a shooter. Can score at all 3 levels and is slowly gaining enough confidence to create for himself. Cal just needed to give him a little more slack in that leash. Sometimes you just have to let ballers ball.

- Going to a funeral for my best friend's father this Friday. He was there for me when my dad suddenly passed a couple of years ago. He's a county attorney and took it upon himself to take care of all the legalities/paperwork free of charge (or whatever latin term you guys call it - pro bono?) Saved us over 25-30K in taxes, real estate, filing of the will, lawyer fees, etc. We've been besties since we were 4. Reliving our childhood through our fathers is nostalgic and therapeutic.

Later that night, my hometown's basketball team is recognizing my father's team. They were probably the best team that town has seen since the 50s. His team could never overcome Glasgow who later went on to win the State title that year. Glasgow started 2 players who also started for WKU's Final Four team. 4 guys from the South Central area started for the TOPS that year (Glover, Caverna; McDaniels, Allen Co; Dunn, Glasgow; Bailey, Glasgow).

Anyhow, the Booster's at my old school asked me and my brother to come down to be our father's representative as that team gets honored. Gonna be a great Friday, but tears will be shed.

- Weird that I coached at my dad's old school nemesis. But here's a story: Before Christmas of this year, one of my former players was being featured on ESPN during his Bowl Game. He caught a TD and threw a TD in the 1st half!!!!

So the basketball program I'm with now - we were all hanging out in a hotel for a Pre-Christmas tourney. Our bookkeeper is a young female. She's Facetiming her friend who is a trainer for WKU's football team and she's right there on the sideline. So our bookkeeper asks me, "Hey, do you want to talk to Dalvin?" I'm like, "right now? He's in the middle of the game." She said, "he's standing right next to my friend and she can put him on."

So I Facetimed with a former player of mine from the sidelines of his bowl game while his highlights were being replayed live on ESPN. That was kinda cool.

Dad where you got that jumpshot?

I still can't get over last night's ball movement, sets, cutting, etc...I mean, that came out of nowhere.

CJ is so valuable out there even when he's not making shots and occasionally getting cooked on Defense - he really keeps it moving and spaced out, and is easily our best entry passer. I just loved everything about that game last night - can't even recall the last stress-free legitimate game we had. Let's GO!

-Realize #23 from Vandy hasn't done shit all year, but that kid has some game for a 6'9 freshman. He may be a really good one in a year or two.

I still can't get over last night's ball movement, sets, cutting, etc...I mean, that came out of nowhere.

CJ is so valuable out there even when he's not making shots and occasionally getting cooked on Defense - he really keeps it moving and spaced out, and is easily our best entry passer. I just loved everything about that game last night - can't even recall the last stress-free legitimate game we had. Let's GO!

-Realize #23 from Vandy hasn't done shit all year, but that kid has some game for a 6'9 freshman. He may be a really good one in a year or two.
Not being worried about getting benched for games at a time probably allows them to play loose.

-Weird they didn't muck it up. I really expected it. I know the fouls were off but I didn't think it was poorly called. Seems like they just quit after we responded to that Dia guy hitting a couple 3s.

-He certainly reverted in the 1st half to a dumbass lineup. They went almost 5 minutes without scoring and we didn't increase our 2 pt lead. He does realize you don't have to do line changes, right?

-Poppin is playing great basketball. 12/10. He's also being used as a secondary ball handler/ relief valve. Now that Oscar has decided to pass, Pop's role should only grow. He's just doing all the little things.

-I love fads. Worship. A few have stuck around and become habits. Nothing wrong with trying new shit.

Last edited:
You can definitely tell the difference on offense where players are restraining from dribbling very much and passing the ball instead. Especially, a significant change in dribbling without a purpose and instead driving to the basket or drawing a defender in order to create a passing opportunity.

Also, I firmly believe that great offense sets the table for excellent defense so long as you have the athletes. There is an energy created in desperately wanting to get possession of the ball. Expecting a team with an anemic offense to maintain defensive intensity is not realistic. Eventually, the players just lose the intensity needed to play great defense because they dread experiencing what happens once they get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT