ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not imagine ever being able to shoot that low in golf. I used to be a member out at cherry blossom and never got better than 87-88. Played 2-3x a wk too. Never broke 80 in my life much less shooting in mid-60’s.

Reactions: roguemocha
There are several long time scratch-ish golfers in here, and we feel the same way. The kids today are so much better than we were at the same age, it's not even funny. There were always a few kids way ahead of the curve, but in general, if you were hanging around even Par in legit Kentucky tournaments as a junior, you were doing well. Not anymore.

Even the Eli has gotten out of control of late.

Really no different than any other sport in that regard. Take your favorite 80s point guard who's not named Isaiah or Magic and he's getting mopped by the dudes today. Dennis Johnson or Mo Cheeks vs Russell Westbrook/Kyrie/Curry/whoever. I respect the hell out of those dudes, the greatest era of NBA basketball, but Lmao.

It’s certainly no reflection on how great they were vs their comp, but athletes evolve.

/BobCousyDisagrees

-The US Open has always been the most accessible TV Major with wall-to-wall actual network coverage of the entire day on real TV -- but it's an extra special bonus when it's on the West Coast in prime time.

I mean, the afternoon wave hasn't even teed of yet. 😍

Last edited:
Haven’t discussed it much because after what little success I’ve had the past few years I have stupid family causing endless problems so “my blessings” will become more and more private from social media formats.

That said, our new house is f’ing dope! I couldn’t be happier for my wife and family.

However, this latest run in with CPS that I’ve encountered and had to do another drug screening so to these f’ing losers wanting us to fail is getting old. Really old.

In the meantime, my NY, NJ, FL, TN and IN registration is complete. Time to really piss these inbred assholes all the way off!

If you’re a 14 who can shoot an 80 on occasion you can make a nice side income in golf, and at the very least have a blast & enjoy nature for 4 hours a few times a week.

That puts you well above the average golfer.

90% of people who love playing the MOST are in that 12-18 range.

I feel sad for stressed adult men who don’t appreciate the outlet & space golf provides so many.

Every one of you who “hates” it from afar has countless friends who worship, and I’m certain most of you secretly wish you did, too.

-That -18 was confirmed the lowest total in the 107 year history of our State Amateur Championship btw. Dope

Last edited:
I’m about to build a house off of the 18th of a nice golf course and I don’t even play, which is ridiculous. I’d love to play - and my kids will absolutely be taught to play as it’s one sport I wish I knew how - literally for the golf trips now that I’ve hit my 4th decade. Basketball will always be my love but it’s too damn difficult to get a regular game going especially as you get older. I wish I at least had an idea of how to play, but I literally have no clue and don’t see how I’d have the time with soon to be 3 kids under 5. Very jealous of the golf trips or socially acceptable excuse to get hammered at 3PM with your buddies regularly.

And golf hadn’t picked up true “mainstream” until Tiger. I never really knew anyone that played it growing up other than rich white people. Lots more play it now so the caliber of player I’m sure is much better. Just like Jordan resulted in the last 10 years of consistent basketball phenoms. Don’t see bball players in 20 years being THAT much more of freaks than now as everyone plays bball.

-i enjoy it, was playing 27-36 holes a week...as the girls get older I can see playing again. Doubtful I'll play as much as I did...but enough to be dangerous in a scramble/best ball situation.

Last edited:
You should see some of these mashers coming up the ranks at Softball City in Taylor Mill these days. Was at a tournament this weekend and over 3 games Brayden Lawtonberger from Pelle’s Tavern went 26-31 with 14 dongs with 67 knocked in. It was ridiculous- kid just hits missiles. Took him a couple of years to get the “hardball” out of his swing after playing at Morehead State but honestly he’s the best under-25 softball player I’ve seen in a longass time.

Funny thing is - Eli Boergerwoeste from Barleycorns A-team may even be better. I watched him come up - starring at Holy Cross. Actually thought he was a better basketball player but shit, he was a 5’11” 4-man lol. Dude is F’ing SWOLE now and just hits NUKES. Plus he has a hose out there in right-center. Saw him snipe one of the Vieths trying for a triple last night. He was only 2-2 before he got tossed for bumping the ump in the second inning but he was also intentionally walked twice.

These young bucks are built different. They know how to get lift on their swing. You play them in a no-limit league and you’re getting 5-hour games with scored like 47-42 now. I’m a traditionalist but you have to expand the game to the next generation and they like the long ball.

Watch out for Hunter Macenschmidt out of Lloyd. He’s a helluva shortstop and probably could get a scholarship to NKU or something but he’s dumb as shit. Word is Pelle’s is already working him pretty hard offering his dad Gary free Hudy Delights all summer and Hunter’s bar-backing there now too what I hear.

Last edited:
Lmao. Well done, but also Exactly the guy I’m talking about.

95% of my golf buddies amazingly have wives and also young children or infants.

Like I said, I feel sad for Those who don’t enjoy & have a minimum 9 evening holes mid week and an early 18 with the boys on the weekend.

Especially if they don’t have another similar time-spent hobby like say Toby does with his Olympic training.

Prayers sent.

Wan’dale played college football in 2019.
Oh I see. So we can count guys who played for other colleges for UK's all decade team ? Why didn't you say so in the first GD place. In that case, Eff Michael Hartline (sorry playa), DeShaun Watson or Cam Newton is my choice. If they are already taken, Hell I might even grab Joe Burrow or Marcus Mariota if they actually didn't have to play for UK. Your post was about as dumb as your corny, unfunny changing of my quote you did, you must have cauk on your brain, I sure didn't take you as THAT TYPE. You prolly even chase high school cauk, you seem to follow high school kids in your adult age. Talk about weird / crazy issues, you definitely got it.

You should see some of these mashers coming up the ranks at Softball City in Taylor Mill these days. Was at a tournament this weekend and over 3 games Brayden Lawtonberger from Pelle’s Tavern went 26-31 with 14 dongs with 67 knocked in. It was ridiculous- kid just hits missiles. Took him a couple of years to get the “hardball” out of his swing after playing at Morehead State but honestly he’s the best under-25 softball player I’ve seen in a longass time.

Funny thing is - Eli Boergerwoeste from Barleycorns A-team may even be better. I watched him come up - starring at Holy Cross. Actually thought he was a better basketball player but shit, he was a 5’11” 4-man lol. Dude is F’ing SWOLE now and just hits NUKES. Plus he has a hose out there in right-center. Saw him snipe one of the Vieths trying for a triple last night. He was only 2-2 before he got tossed for bumping the ump in the second inning but he was also intentionally walked twice.

These young bucks are built different. They know how to get lift on their swing. You play them in a no-limit league and you’re getting 5-hour games with scored like 47-42 now. I’m a traditionalist but you have to expand the game to the next generation and they like the long ball.

Watch out for Hunter Macenschmidt out of Lloyd. He’s a helluva shortstop and probably could get a scholarship to NKU or something but he’s dumb as shit. Word is Pelle’s is already working him pretty hard offering his dad Gary free Hudy Delights all summer and Hunter’s bar-backing there now too what I hear.
Intentionally walked?!?! Not real big time softball imo and as GYERO canon dictates- I speak from a position of knowledge

Reactions: wcc31

10/10 for throwing one of the Vieth’s out at 3rd.

Speaking of Pelle’s Palace and Silver Grove, what was the name of that steak place on Rt. 8?

I ate there as a little guy on our way to watch my brother play football @ Mason Co.

One of my techs just sent me a video of the paramedics putting a dead guy on a gurney. Looks like a giant bag of ice.

He got out to this door by the pool, gets startled and they tell him no big deal just keep fixing that door.

Poor dude was getting a divorce and drank a bunch of fireball. There were people swimming in the pool and either didn't notice him or didn't care.

Selling locks is 99% boring AF but I've seen a dude hit by a car and some of these techs could write novels on the random shit they see/do.

This tech also called me late one night solely to wake me up to tell me he's been banging some nurse in the broom closet of a senior living facility on her breaks.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
One of my favs, too. Of the better ‘hype’ songs of the decade, in fact - a Future Classic.

Nothing better in mid-90’s than a big game at Rupp when this bad boy was blasted through “Big Bertha”

Edit: once this was played you just knew we were fixing to rip your heart out.

Last edited:
This tech also called me late one night solely to wake me up to tell me he's been banging some nurse in the broom closet of a senior living facility on her breaks.

I’ve banged a nurse in the restrooms, workout/therapy area, in the parking lot, in empty patient rooms, and in the closet at a senior living facility.

To hear my wife tell it, it’s ALOT more common than you think!

The smell of death turns Krazy into Shock G...

Today's impeachment circus - Otherground - MixedMartialArts.com - Forums

-Pops was in the hospital for five days. Just got him settled in a skilled nursing facility to strengthen back up. Hope your elderly parents are lucky enough to stay far away from these places.

-Bucks win game 7

-My gf is past the six month mark and still not acting crazy. A little confused. Usually by six months they show their crazy cards.

-Don’t care how big and strong 100cat is or what fraternity he was in. I’ll wager on 80 in the GYERO slap contest. There should be weight divisions.

-LSU/Florida back to back could be epic if Leavis can throw a decent ball.

-Anybody seen Kramer? How is his clash of clans career going? Wishing you nothing but success, bitch.

Friday Shorts:

- Going to start posting on social media like BJ Boston - melodramatic pseudo-inspiration lauding my own hardwork and dedication directed at a vague set of haterz who would like nothing else than to see me fail.

- Jesus - according to the latest GEICO commercial McKayla Maroney has blossomed into a full blown smokewagon.

- Hottest trend in sportswriting - pushing female coaching candidates in men’s sports.

- Good read:

- First human Father’s Day for dad on Sunday. Still a surreal feeling.

- All the bridges in Cincinnati are on the brink of collapse which is a bit troubling.

- You can’t look me in the eyes and tell me you don’t get some sort of satisfaction hearing Kenny Chesney’s “Summertime” in the summertime.

- Hoping the Reds give me an honest-to-God pennant race into late summer.

My daughter started off my Father’s Day “weekend” with a 4:58am wake up this morning. Started work immediately since we have 1/2 day Fridays which means I’m basically done already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT