ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Do besties and BFFs still miss each other's faces?

* Jeff Bezos with the ultimate centi-billionaire flex, announcing he'll be going to outer space on his own rocket.

* My buddy (and supremely talented runner) is the great grandson of Andrew Higgins. WW2 honks will know who that is. The rest will have to Google him. Thru the WW2 museum, he's gotten to travel to Europe multiple times attending ceremonies and historic events. Pretty amazing way to honor his legacy.

And if you're even down here partying on Bourbon Street, take a day off from the hand grenades and pay the museum a visit. It's incredible, and they do so many great things to keep veterans engaged.

* Nyquil is amazing, and is a go-to crutch I probably use way too often.

* Sea salt really just embarrasses all the other forms of salt. Clear cut winner in that category, like Usain Bolt style.

* NOBODY separates fools from their money like Floyd Mayweather. What a genius. $50 million for bouncing around a ring and slap fighting a YouTube star. Amazing.

(btw -- how many of you assholes actually watched that??)

* 2021 stats for Jesse Winker:

batting average = .350 (2nd in MLB)
on-base % = .412 (5th in MLB)
slugging % = .665 (1st in MLB)
HR = 17 (2nd in MLB)
runs = 44 (4th in MLB)
hits = 70 (5th in MLB)
UKO = can eat every dick ever

* When Army recruiters would call or post up at my high school, I used the "thanks, but I'm gay" line. Those were the good ole days.

* We've been at war in/with Afghanistan for TWENTY FREAKING YEARS. F'ing politicians, man.

* Top 5 Brooks & Dunn songs...

- Neon Moon
- Lost and Found
- Brand New Man
- My Next Broken Heart
- Red Dirt Road

* So the Olympics start in like a few weeks or something?

Cool. I'm sure drx appreciated your referring to his time served overseas as not being a "real" war. You might recall the one our generation has been in since college.
The one where WS and I sent him care packages?

I'm more into actually doing shit rather than pretending for social status.

Last edited:
tbh I'm far more concerned about QAnon as a domestic terror threat than I am anything else.

-usually team pretzel...but this is a hot take, unless you mean only as a *domestic* threat, still dubious. I'd put the commies that are actually burning city blocks on the reg *way* ahead of y'all caida.

-china and it's influence on all strata of US institutions(Ed, media, entertainment, GOVT, corporate) is the greatest existential threat to the USA and our "way of life". It ain't close.

I feel like the "Loose Change" 9/11 video on YouTube was really the start of conspiracy theorists getting a wide audience who actually bought in. It was the water pulling back off the beach before the tsunami of bullshit hit that we deal with today.

- Getting the vaccine / antibodies doesn’t mean you can’t contract covid. You’re just most likely not going to end up hospitalized. The fact we are still testing healthy people and penalizing asymptotics is the real asinine part of the Rahm issue.

- Signature Club is a sweet setup and the perfect progression for where GYERO is at in life with kiddos / families. It could also be the scene for a Brazzers series, but I digress.

- Great meeting CSC1. Real down-to-earth guy who fits right in with the crew despite being a Cubs fan.

- Read up on the simulations the Pentagon has done with a possible war with Red China and you'll understand why we're still pumping a ton of coin into our military. Cliff notes - it ends poorly for the Stars & Stripes. And that's not including outside variable like Russia or other hostile nations we'd have to take on.

Top 5 Favorite Batting Stances from Youth

1. Eric Davis
2. Will Clark
3. Wally Backman
4. Albert Belle
5. Dave Justice

Top 5 Counting Crows Songs:

1. Anna Begins
2. Sullivan Street
3. Holiday in Spain
4. Amy Hit the Atmosphere
5. Recovering Satellites

I didn't watch Mayweather/Paul but I did watch Chad Johnson actually hold his own in the ring. Pretty impressed at his footwork/conditioning, tbh.

He got laid TF out the inexplicably stood up and tried to congratulate his opponent with a high five while still completely dazed.

I file this into the “not impressive” category.

Have a buddy that got pericarditis from the Pfizer vaccine. Not sure how common it is but he swears the doctors told him several are in his shoes from that vaccine.

Enjoyed reading everyone’s family Veteran stories. I think if there was another 911 type moment or other super powers ganged up on us, Americans may put their party politics aside, but yeah this country is split down the middle pretty bad right now.

All volunteer military has its perks. If we had to draft people, I’d be very concerned. Good luck cancelling the enemy.

Awesome weekend at the lake. Had about 30 boats tied up Saturday. Water is now in the enjoyable zone temp wise, but still a lot of debris. Cookout on the dock, my flank steak was on point.

Sunday morning fishing was especially good to me. Landed the biggest fresh water fish of my life. Big ol’ delicious striper was 37” long and 24” around. Fought like hell. Ran twice, jumped, almost broke the line running under boat.

WWDT

Need the sun to come out this week.

-usually team pretzel...but this is a hot take, unless you mean only as a *domestic* threat, still dubious. I'd put the commies that are actually burning city blocks on the reg *way* ahead of y'all caida.

-china and it's influence on all strata of US institutions(Ed, media, entertainment, GOVT, corporate) is the greatest existential threat to the USA and our "way of life". It ain't close.
definitely a hot take, but I stand by it, with the qualifier of domestic threat. I'm also referring to things like mass shootings, bombings, hijackings, etc. that lead to/have potential for great loss of life rather than idiot extremists wilding out and destroying property. I absolutely agree about China.

In the years since 9/11, right-wing extremism is responsible for more deaths/terror attacks in the US than Islamic extremism. FBI says white supremacists are the top domestic threat as of March 2021. Not all QAnon-ers are terrorists, just like not all folks practicing Islam are suicide bombers, but there are some absolutely unhinged MFers running around right now. (And people who are burning city blocks are assholes too--no quarter for them, either.)

Generally in the Ferris Bueller "isms are not good" camp. Extremism of any stripe is at best unhealthy and at worst dangerous.

eta PTI, I only mean impressive as in he didn't completely embarrass himself or die a la Nate Robinson. The punchdrunk high five was hilarious.

Many thanks again to the schems and Pti for my care packages. Much better than thoughts and prayers imo:) Lucky for me when my time to serve came it wasn’t in the mustard trenches of WWI or storming the beach at Normandy.

The extreme 10% on both sides are the real problem in this country. Both are crazy and dangerous.

Some of the things that makes America strong are also what tears it up on the inside.

Last edited:
-those numbers are dodgy...example: count ft hood and San Bernardino as "workplace violence" and don't include pulse nightclub as Islamic extremism...the books are cooked, for some reason.

/Enough of that stuff.

-really looking forward to Highlands, NC later this week. Enjoyed Sanibel...but the mountains feed my soul.

I agree entirely but I put Trump in the 1% of that 10%. I consider him to be the most crazy and the most dangerous. Just my opinion.
Lmao Trump is the least conservative President the modern republicans have put in the seat. He is a brash, rich asshole. He said mean stupid things but nothing he did was conservative extremism

Last edited:
Imagine if you will a place where you could do a search on the intraweb and find this information...

2017 = 2.37%
2018 = 2.93%
2019 = 2.16%
2020 = -3.5%

Which of these booming economic years do you remember the most fondly, Wayne?

Reactions: VernHatton52
Top 5 Favorite Batting Stances from Youth

1. Eric Davis
2. Will Clark
3. Wally Backman
4. Albert Belle
5. Dave Justice

Gary Sheffield is a must-add. The cocky wrist flicking was instant intimidation. Roberto Alomar Jr. is a sneaky good one too. Just laying the bat on your back shoulder and having that quiet confidence you’re going to rope a liner.

Jeff Bagwell was one you had to try out from time to time, but it was tough to hit out of and I’m pretty sure that may have led to some of my current lower back problems. I also worshipped Cal Ripken Jr. growing up and it was always fun trying out all his weird stances since he would literally change his stance every two months.

China is well on the way to defeating America without ever firing a shot. We have politicians in DC that care more about the CCP than the USA, and a good portion of our citizens fighting for a more Chinese style government. Its disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT