ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to
Uh, I've been saying this shit for years, bud. But yea, was just waiting on Forde to validate me, for sure. Good one.

The focus of his article was the combination of the kneeling controversy with a record setting 4-7 start and a career worst loss at home. None of which have occurred in the last few years.

Last edited:
Meh, it was about as down-the-middle as you can get, especially from Forde. Not much if any of his own bullshit jabs like, “you made your bed...”.

Just tells the majority of sports fans who just put college football to bed and are still knee-deep in the NFL what the state-of-the-union is for the winningest program of all time. And what’s been discussed here all week.

I get it though, everyone’s tired of Cal’s bullshit and how the seasons going, so this is a convenient piñata.
When Pat is pulling punches things are bad.

You can be as motivated as you want but until you evolve with times and start to work smarter it won’t make a damn bit of difference.

It’s not as easy as.. JUST MORE 3’S.

or

I need old Cal.. WEREPECKER.

You don’t just flip a fng switch and start shooting more 3’s effectively. It’s all about a philosophy, an approach, practice habits, and a belief that this is who we are, we do it well and here’s how we do it. Look at Alabama, all of those guys felt totally comfortable shooting those 3’s because it’s all part of their overall training & who they are as an identity.

THamel rote column 2 days ago saying Cal wasn’t standing next up for the players. That’s isn’t what prompted the tweet yesterday IMO.

Reactions: 80 Proof
It was a simplified, click baiting, watered down, bullshit article on an insufferably worn out topic. One that's been beaten into the ground for years, to the point you can just cut-and-paste/Mad Libs the entire story. Just swap out the names and records. Typical trolling horse manure. Great find, SAE.

How dat?

Shorts:

- This Tiger doc is great. Perhaps the most fascinating athlete of all-time. His bios are always great reads as well.

- And y’all weren’t kidding about Rachel Uchitel - woof. wtf

- Teachers and 70-and-over - let’s go. I am hoping for a somewhat normal looking spring. I need it. We need it.

- Had completely forgotten about the Wayne’s World “we’re not worthy” bowing shit that had nerds making fools of themselves at sporting events for a decade.

- Sure way to get me to delete a podcast episode- an athlete interview. They never say anything interesting and are often dumb and entitled.

- Foods better somewhat burnt:

1. goetta
2. brussel sprouts
3. bacon

- Get to take the little one to the pediatrician tomorrow by myself to get some shots. Not looking forward to it :-(

- I’m with PTI- no matter your view, how can anyone not be exhausted by the kneeling debate by now? It’s been 5 years. Get over it.

Any chess players here?

I’ve played off/on since I was maybe 10 (that years UK team lost to UAB in the NCAA first round annnmd it still hurts) - but I’m just good enough to move the pieces and blindly attack -

still - chess sets can be handsome and I’ll bet at least two GYR-Regulars - are proficient players. (The type that execute chess—plays—with—names)....

Cause sometimes I can just Feel shit like that .....

Last edited:
Can’t wait for chess analytics bros to change the way the game is played. What is the chess equivalent of shooting 3s instead of 2s? Or OBP?

Reactions: CastleRubric
Reactions: Col. Angus
Positive vibes only Randos:

-Crushing gym life these days. Moved to 3x week in October. Still have my winter spare tire to shake but not nearly what it is when we have a badass basketball team and I'm downing several sweet delicious draft domestos at the Hyatt Bar.

-Man, I want to be packed in a bar full of confident UK fans drinking draft domestos. I mean shoulder to shoulder, balmy, stacked in like sardines. Sneak a couple fireball shots in with the boys. Gotdamn.

-Tea Leaves seem to indicate I'm right on my March 1 prediction. Keep pumping that juice into folks. Let's get J&J approved.

-For kiddos that age the shots aren't too bad. They're pissed for about 3 minutes then SUPER cuddly the rest of the day. Enjoy.

-Little man starts super spreader basketball next week. 1 parents per game 🙄 Can't wait, he needs it. Didn't want him to skip a year.

-No idea what Kyrie did, but nothing would surprise me with that mouth breathing dolt. I mean, he's legit stupid.

-Looks like meat of winter is here. 35/25 basically the next 10 days. Eye on the prize. Hopefully, the big guy will give us a nice weekend late Feb to wet the palette. Don't want to ask for too much but an early spring without 100 inches of rain would be appreciated.

-In a totally optimistic world, what are some progressions we want to see from the round ball? Any chance Cal can hold this team together rest of the season or even bring back the core for next year? Snarky answers will be accepted.

-Football cats with some expectations next season. I like it.

Been a while randoms:

- Motion to officially change the title of the thread to GYEKKO.

- Saw ED at Malibu Jack’s a couple of weeks ago and see WARRIOR frequently on my Starbucks runs. That’s the pinnacle of UK basketball for me right now.

- Look, I like my team, but stop with the “We don’t need him anyway” nonsense concerning Wan’Dale. Just stop. Yes, we do. By all accounts he’s a solid teammate in the locker room, and you can never have too many playmakers.

- Sad to see Pagano, one of the very few bright spots in being a Bears fan the last two seasons, leave, but I fully understand and support his decision to retire. Happy for him.

- CF got a Switch for Christmas, and it’s pretty cool, but man if they don’t make the controller scheme and setup as complicated as touching possible. There’s three or four different ways to use them, and it varies by game, some only allowing one particular setup. No way he’s figuring that out on his own anytime soon. When I was his age with the original NES, I hit the power button, picked up the controller, and it was off to the races.

- CF (almost 6) and CE (almost 4) have seen Home Alone multiple times for at least two, maybe even three seasons now, starting to question that decision. CE in particular has taken to saying “This family SUCKS!” when she isn’t on board with the lass and I about something. Eh, well, whatever.

- I’m well familiar with BIG TIME baseball having grown up in the middle of South Lexington’s 90’s dominance. The best I ever did, though, was making the All-Star team in the MINORS (lulz), so, yeah, I’m gonna let Coach Tony take the reins on this t-ball season and just be his lowly assistant.

- Restoration Rye is a very solid addition to the cabinet. Pinhook was also good, even though it’s just a contract bottle. Happy for Will and Wes and all the success C&K is having.

- About time for my annual Aspen Extreme viewing. “Top Gun on the ski slopes!!!”

- When someone is turning left and isn’t using the middle lane to go ahead and pull out when one is available, I want to just snap.

- Weather the last two afternoons had that “late winter, Spring and the tournament are just around the corner” feel, when you get excited that patio drinking in the warm sunshine while cheering on the Wildcats is about to commence. Except Spring is nowhere close and we aren’t going to the tournament this year. Double groin kick on that one.

- Pandora Bruce Hornsby Radio FF:

The Police - King of Pain
Jackson Browne - Somebody’s Baby
Bruce - Look Out Any Window
Don Henley - The Boys of Summer
The Boss - My Hometown

- Stay safe, everybody.

Last edited:
Hopefully Ware, Toppin, Askew, Brooks and Fletcher all return. I feel good with the freehmen but I suppose Brooks is the wild card. He’s nowhere on mock draft radar but I guess if he crushes it over the next two months he could work his way into 1st or 2nd round pick. Hopefully he’s not one of these dudes that leaves just to leave, has no shot of being drafted and will want to try his hand at landing as an unstaffed free agent.

I’m bullish on Askew’s long term projections.

Hopefully Ware, Toppin, Askew, Brooks and Fletcher all return. I feel good with the freehmen but I suppose Brooks is the wild card. He’s nowhere on mock draft radar but I guess if he crushes it over the next two months he could work his way into 1st or 2nd round pick. Hopefully he’s not one of these dudes that leaves just to leave, has no shot of being drafted and will want to try his hand at landing as an unstaffed free agent.

I’m bullish on Askew’s long term projections.

“We lost on a buzzer-beater,” Fox said. “Cal brings us in about 20 minutes after, he said, “All of y’all are gone.” Brought us all in there, said, “You’re done, you’re not coming back. If you need us, you have our numbers, we’ll help you with whatever, but you’re not playing another college basketball game.”‘

De'Aaron Fox says John Calipari "couldn't give a damn about winning college basketball games" | Kentucky Sports Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT