ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-coles for dinner, nice fillet and a grilled romaine salad...wife had their take on bulgogi and lobster bisque. Food solid as always...kitchen was slow AF, they paid for the first course.

I don't know what's going on over there, but something has definitely changed with the service. Took us forever to get our meal on our last visit, as well. Never had that issue before.

For as much that seemed to go KY's way last season has gone the total opposite this season. About the only thing left is to play our best player at QB and get him beat up enough to where he cannot play either.

I mean, wtf is going on with Gilmore if he’s so bad he’s the 6th option. What exactly are they developing him for, to be 3rd string as a senior?

Pasta Dudley today for lunch, always a pleasure.

Got lucky and beat the line to renew auto registration.

What is a Jake Owen?

-i assume eppings is the problem...mgmt spread too thin or some such.

-speaking of, I like the place but its *big* and never super busy...don't know how long that will last.

-losing games is one thing...but abject ineptitude is different. Stoops has plenty of capital built up, anyone who is hoping for him to leave is an idiot.

-*great* time for a bye week...coaches/team/fans all need it.

-short week....then headed to westbygodvirginny for some fishing/shooting/gambol. Much needed respite for old dad.

Just caught up from Friday night, and reading all of the optimism just knowing the impending outcome . . . . Also read through a pretty depressing thread on HOB; OP was sitting right behind the bench at the game and gave a pretty detailed breakdown of what he heard and saw. Summary: this team has no leaders and has already given up on itself.

Last edited:
People keep saying Gilmore “doesn’t know the playbook.” I mean shit, if Morgan f’n Newton can play snaps in games that were road wins at UGA and Auburn with Cobb really creating the spark, I think Gilmore can handle “turn around and hand the ball to Rose” or “run out to wide receiver and stand there while Bowden does something cool”

There’s 75% of our playbook already

It's annoying when people act like a True Freshman or guy with zero game experience absolutely CANNOT play in a 3rd string capacity -- shit, we just got beat back 2 back weeks by Freshman QBs. Isn't that why we offered these dudes schollys, as backup/emergency QBs, or was it just for charity?

If nothing else, it will force us to establish ourselves an actual identity as run-first (and often) team, which is what it should have been all along.

I'm cool with Bowden getting some action back there, but not crazy about him as our legit full time QB - that has disaster written all over it, imo.

Last edited:
I mean yeah, it’s go time. Still a lot of room to make a bowl game, but let’s be honest, it’s time to lower expectations.

We knew this would be a rebuilding year, but with terry gone, it’s another story.

Stoops has credibility with me, as he should after going 10-3. Keep the recruiting class together. Scratch out 6 and make a bowl, technical success.

But for Gods sake, you better win Homecoming.

Reactions: jayroon
Not sure we have a choice but to play Bowden at QB unless we just want to shutter the whole damn program until Spring.

Since the end of last season, we've lost 6 quarterbacks to injury or transfer.

Wilson: Hurt.
Hoak: Transferred.
Clark: Transferred.
Smith: Hurt.
Wood: Hurt.
Scalzo: Hurt.
Gilmore: Not ready.

That has to be some kind of record.

-i assume eppings is the problem...mgmt spread too thin or some such.

It is. The main chef/guy who holds everything together from Cole's no longer works there at all. It's 100% Epping's. Quite a few of the best staff members moved over there full-time as well.

With that in mind, I'm hearing that Cole's is struggling and Epping's is doing just fine. Odd how that works.

Probably a good idea to drive the extra 5 blocks at this point.

Cincinnati’s getting a Hard Rock Cafe so EAD, Louisville, Lexington, Paducah. Eat a big one.
Can’t wait until GYERO in 2031 when they open one in Lexington and we can spend months hearing about how on point the bar scene there is!

Looking forward to spending the next two weeks pondering the age-old question of whether you’re better off going with the fourth string QB or a WR under center.

UK Football, you truly are a bitch.

:confused:

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
In UK’s defense the last 2 times we moved a WR to QB Roark beat UT, and Cobb gave one of the most memorable efforts(Billy Jack Haskins style) against UGA.

I’m on board!

Looking forward to spending the next two weeks pondering the age-old question of whether you’re better off going with the fourth string QB or a WR under center.

UK Football, you truly are a bitch.

:confused:

Pretty much.

My hope is that Smith has been injured far more than the coaching staff let on since the initial injury against Florida. The kid did look pretty damn awesome prior to the injury and has been somewhere between awful and terrible since.

If he's even somewhat healthy, he's our only real option. If he isn't, just go with Bowden and make it a circus.

Hopefully a bye week of rest is just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited:
Reactions: WynnDuffy
Soyer broke his hand chasing down the interception against UF. Bottom part so he can still grip but it’s not optimal. Not sure why they are keeping it a secret.

Soyer broke his hand chasing down the interception against UF. Bottom part so he can still grip but it’s not optimal. Not sure why they are keeping it a secret.

Could you be more specific? What is the bottom part of the hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT