ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCrow, I’m sure your wife has been told all the regular treatments for morning sickness, but one thing I discovered was that if I had any kind of clothing that was snug and pressing on my stomach, especially across the top, it made my morning sickness much worse.

Rack

Reactions: 911guy
Stoops’ comments today about Smith not being able to throw yesterday are pretty concerning.

If Smith can’t go Saturday, what realistic options are there? Is Walker Wood even serviceable? Run a Matt Roark offense with Bowden? Yikes.

- Nothing more to add about the game.

- Still recovering from the weekend...and I basically did nothing but lay in bed all day yesterday.

- Outcome sucked, but enjoyed watching with BBdK, Bernie, and Bernie's crazy ass cajun coworker.

- Ended up on a heater at the blackjack table after the game with BBdK..couldn't bring myself to leave. I stayed on the table well into the AM. After breaking even at the sports book, ended up a $750ish winner.

- Crushing work here, it's flying by. Only a month and a half left.

Terry Wilson was far from perfect, but his ability to scramble and make plays when everything else broke down allowed us to hide some of our other deficiencies, control possession, and keep the defense off the field.

Our rise the last couple of years has coincided with us playing dual threat QBs. Gran can obviously try to adjust the game plan like he did the last couple of weeks, but our margin for error is too small to truly make up for the absence of someone like Terry or Stephen Johnson.

It's time to adjust expectations. Getting to a bowl game would make this season a success at this point.

- Nothing more to add about the game.

- Still recovering from the weekend...and I basically did nothing but lay in bed all day yesterday.

- Outcome sucked, but enjoyed watching with BBdK, Bernie, and Bernie's crazy ass cajun coworker.

- Ended up on a heater at the blackjack table after the game with BBdK..couldn't bring myself to leave. I stayed on the table well into the AM. After breaking even at the sports book, ended up a $750ish winner.

- Crushing work here, it's flying by. Only a month and a half left.

Got back to my room at 4:30am, we literally sat at that table for 6 hours :flushed: - latest I've ever lasted there by several hours. Not often two peeps sitting side by side both walk out up big...$760 for dog dad :bomb: Serious heater going on lately.

Sports over there completely changed the whole vibe, just awesome. Can't wait for the real thing to open.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
- Thought the expectations were to win 6-7 and get to a bowl game?

- Didn’t even hit up Oktoberfest. Who wants to eat a brat and drink a dark beer on concrete in 90 degree heat? Horseshit.

- Listening to Buck Owens and Merle today.

- Noon kick for my first game of the year sounds about right.

- Birthday Bourbon lived up to expectations. Fine, fine sipper.

- Can Sturgill make a good country record again? Is that too much to ask?

Stoops’ comments today about Smith not being able to throw yesterday are pretty concerning.

If Smith can’t go Saturday, what realistic options are there? Is Walker Wood even serviceable? Run a Matt Roark offense with Bowden? Yikes.

QB1

Terry Against UF last year:

11/16 - 151 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
10 carries, 105 yards, 1 TD

Benny was dominant, but Terry was the difference.

Sure, we can still compete with the South Carolinas and Tennessees of the world. But a couple of the other games that seemed winnable at the beginning of the year (like Mississippi State) are much more likely to be losses without him.

6 or 7 wins, make any bowl to avoid the program losing momentum--->Profit.

Rise over the last couple years had something to do with having a very good secondary that could stop the pass, along with a elite, stud pass rusher. Terry Wilson is not a game change, but a game manager, same as a HEALTHY Sawyer Smith. Neither are great, but both are good, steady manage the game QB's.
The main problem this year is the we have to play conservative on defense because the secondary is so young, we can't play man coverage and jam at the line. These young guys would get torched trying to play up on the WR's on the line of scrimmage. Not having Josh Allen might have something to do with not being able to run stunts and more blitz packages also, maybe /

Terry Wilson versus Mississippi State last year:

8-14, 71 yards. 0 TD, 1 INT.
11 rushes, 18 yards.

While we're at it.

Terry brought calm and collected leadership something you need when your other captains are Kash, Bowden, and Logan f’n Stenberg.

Terry Against UF last year:

11/16 - 151 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
10 carries, 105 yards, 1 TD

Benny was dominant, but Terry was the difference.

Sure, we can still compete with the South Carolinas and Tennessees of the world. But a couple of the other games that seemed winnable at the beginning of the year (like Mississippi State) are much more likely to be losses without him.

6 or 7 wins, make any bowl to avoid the program losing momentum--->Profit.
That was also easily his best game - other than maybe the UL game. I get what you're saying, but Terry was not exactly LAMAR out there last season.

Reactions: BristolCat
Who knows how much better the offense is right now with Terry, but the team having their leader at the helm both on the field and in the locker room is crucially important for a team like the one we have now that has a lot of younger guys trying to find their way and a few of the experienced "leaders" who are not being the best example to those guys right now. Terry just adds a dimension to the offense with his legs that defenses have to account for.

Reactions: Midway Cat
We had a bunch of straight DAWGS last year - Edwards, west, bunchy, Allen, Snell, Baity.

The success of any UK team correlates directly with the amount of dawgs on the roster.

Need more dawgs. Period.

Reactions: jayroon
If Soyer can't go I think you go ahead and let Lynn Bowden show us his Randall Cobb impression.

Don’t get me wrong, Walker Wood had some highlights in high school, but he also had Landon Young and Jed Wills on either side of him against mostly Lexington schools (until the playoffs). Gotta go with Bowden if Smith can’t go.

^ hard hitting football analysis.

Last edited:
If we stick Bowden at QB be prepared to lose out. He can’t throw it to himself and he can’t run it every time. Plus the very few times he has thrown his arm and accuracy has been absolute trash.

Plus he's way too little to run the wildcat consistently in the SEC. He'll get murdered if he tries to run it up the gut 15 times a game.

What I do not get with Gran is this, when we run it and averaging 3.5-4 yards a carry, he calls running plays mostly and stays stubborn. Then when we actually have success and average 8 yards per carry, nah Fam, lets throw it first down. We where crushing them on 1st down running. Then, he decides to go to a all out Air Raid. I mean I get mixing in a few passes to keep them guessing, and we did drop 2 sure TD's, but running the ball and controlling tempo is our deal. It is almost like Gran thought to himself "Hey, we are running the ball really well, let's change it up and pass every time on first down and show the fans we are right. We should run the ball and not pass it 40 times per game." I would think AJ Rose would BREAK a couple long runs if we stuck with it ? ALSO, MAYBE we would not have had the back BREAKING turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT