ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- If anyone listens to the Stern show, Ronnie the Limo Driver must be Boat's dad. They're just too much alike not to be blood. Watch this video for proof (NSFW language), and go from there.

- Speaking of videos: LEX18 made it on Kimmel's Unnecessary Censorship this week, at about the 30 second mark

There was also a steady diet of John Hughes films to blame.

Make sure you get George reading early, TV rots the brains.

Tuscanny Italian Grill has hit Mount Washington, best Italian food I've honestly ever had.

Buillitt Co has always been an under appreciated Italian Food Mecca.

LOL. Tuscany is perfectly fine for budget Italian-American, but you should definitely get out more.

Their calzones are the shit, btw

Maybe, but I've had the OG's, Caraba's, Vencinzo's(?) of the world around here and it's better IMHO. Unfortunately the lass loves Rocky's on the river so you throw out some other spots for me to try out around Louisville or anywhere honestly.

I'm not a fan of meals $50-$70+ per person, but in that range Jeff Ruby's was about the only meal I had and felt I got what I paid for too.

How about you head over to the rental property thread and answer my question, truly interested.

/nosarcasmTIA

ComeBack Inn > everything if you're wanting to gorge on pasta.

Amici
Porcini
Volare
Difabios

Carrabas isn't an OG, it's a national chain, idiot. Expect better from a once budding restaurateur.

Carrabas isn't an OG, it's a national chain, idiot. Expect better from a once budding restaurateur.
qzYohyac.jpg

Cajun pasta at a place called Tuscany, huh? Interesting.

-Was in serious garage cleaning mode when I dropped my cell. Dropped it 1,000 times and no problems. This time the screen just went 95% blank. Toast. Pretty solid it hapens while I'm on call. Spent 2 hours in Verizon. So today I'm on call, spent 3 hours cleaning the garage and 2 hours at Verizon. :grimace:

-Normal work day tomorrow, off Friday.

-Rory Sabatini, thought he was all but gone.

-Tossed 7 of the old tailgate banners today. Sad stuff.

Spring cleaning day. Washed all windows, cleaned the garage, detailed an auto, cleaned baseboards... tomorrow will be golf, grilling and napping.

Birch trees are a royal pain in the ass. Be dropping seeds all over the fresh mulch, patio, and the bubbly.

Awesome Long Weekend Randoms:

-Friday started with a last minute visit from my brother Alex Baldwin, my dad's son, who I just learned about a few weeks ago. Cool kid. He brought along his new Titans Cheerleader g/f -- and we proceeded to get absolutely SMASHED. Blacked out, passed out naked, did all sorts of interesting things I learned about next day via cell phone videos. Maybe top 5 drunk of all time, honestly have no clue how it even happened....those random nights where you had no plans to even drink AT ALL typically end up being the most obnoxious.

-Hungover loser all day Saturday.

-Golf & grilling on Saturday. 77, followed by some Pulled Pork, Smoked Potato Salad, corn...dinner on the front porch with a cooler, perfect home night.

-Monday -- Had a big 12 man money game lined up...pulled up to Club in the middle of a pouring rainstorm. We drank a few beers, before finally deciding to "screw it", gear up, and head out for a 6some with the people that actually showed. Was dreading it, but it ended up being one of the more fun rounds I can remember, had the entire course to ourself. 5:30 round in a constant rain, playing 6 man wolf. Of course, shot a 74 out of nowhere in terrible conditions, which included driving the 320 yard par 4 17th, and draining the 75 foot eagle putt for about $60. Most fun hole I've maybe ever had after my Hole in One. Golf game is on fleek right now, have added a legit 20+ yards after a few lessons, feel like Pope out there. Would have been at/under par both rounds if I had done *anything* on/around the greens..which is the opposite of my usual game. #golf

...capped off the weekend with an Aged Strip Steak & Gnocchi on the egg, w/ a Bulleit on the rocks.

-Finished 'Bloodline' on Saturday. That show is touching awesome...if it's not 'on deck' for you, that's too bad. Kyle Chandler is his normal awesome self, but Ben Mendelsohn's character (Danny) is just incredible. With respect to Draper & other worthy people, if he doesn't win an emmy it will be a crime, imo. His awkwardness/creepiness as a villian, with a rare ability to also make you feel sympathy for him is just brilliant.

-Anyone else Gambol in NBA playoffs? I've picked my spots, and am 11-12 on games vs. the spread this postseason. Example: Last night Houston +4.5 -- now way Harden & company were going out at home on a sweep.

-Anyone checked out Periscope? That thing has some pretty great adult fun possibilities.

#early

Last edited:
ComeBack Inn > everything if you're wanting to gorge on pasta.

Amici
Porcini
Volare
Difabios

Difabio's one of the FEW redeeming qualities of the Greatest Shithole on Earth. Nice little secret. I to was fooled by the OG (not Original Gangster)

-After the way the season ended and Reds being a dumpster fire I'm going to be ready for some damn football. New stadium, enough with lowered expectations, it's bowl or bust this season.

-Cruised out of work yesterday around noon. Glad I went in, got most everything done I needed to keep this week pretty even.

-3 day weekend coming up. Plan on finishing the garage clean up and a few other odd/ends I've been putting off. A couple long bike rides. Probably one good grilling/smoking project.

-Sad stuff in G-Town this past weekend. First that 13 year old girl in a car crash and then that local attorney riding in the Horsey 100 getting hit by a drunk driver.

-Is there anything better in the summer than caprese salads? Maybe watermelon. That's about it.

-Last 5 miles of our ride last night caught a MONSOON. Biblical for a few minutes. Had rednecks in N Lex on the porches pointing and laughing. Can't really blame them.

-One of my favorite Italian meals was actually in Cancun(another in Key West), and you hear stories like that all time, but Tuscany is not that good. It's GREAT for Fairdale and Mt Washington but that's about it.

driving the 320 yard par 4 17th, and draining the 75 foot eagle putt for about $60. Most fun hole I've maybe ever had after my Hole in One. Golf game is on fleek right now, have added a legit 20+ yards after a few lessons, feel like Pope out there.

Maybe this summer we can have a powerful ball striking day together. 4 days of work, then I'm off the next two weeks.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

First day back after Destin always hurts. I'm on a totally different wavelength down there. Getting the mind geared back up is half the battle. Man I love that place. Think I'm going back for Billy Bowlegs.

Feasted on crab legs, oysters, and shrimp last week. Crushed a big ol' bone in ribeye last night. Fat.

I had hot dogs yesterday. They were satisfactory.

Also finally finished up season 3 of "The Americans" - the new "best show on TV." If you haven't watched any of it, do yourselves a favor and catch up this summer. It's better than anything else you're watching - guaranteed.

Reactions: drxman1
-After the way the season ended and Reds being a dumpster fire I'm going to be ready for some damn football. New stadium, enough with lowered expectations, it's bowl or bust this season.

This is the least interested I've ever been in the Reds. Going against the grain for me, I absolutely hate the manager. I think he is clueless in all areas.

But Booker probably couldn't even coach these guys into a 2nd place finish.

* Caprese salads are the bomb.

* We stayed pretty dry all weekend. My yard could use some serious rain.

* The pond is finished. It looks fantastic. I built a mini rock wall around it using rocks that were actually part of the foundation of a log cabin from the 1700's on my Dad's property in Crittenden.

I'm gonna let it run all week before adding a few plants and fish this weekend. 3 koi and a handful of guppies (just in case any mosquitos do actually lay eggs in moving water).

* Destin in 2 1/2 weeks.

* Had a nice date night Saturday. After dinner, we decided to skip the movie and went to a bar with a patio overlooking the bike trail and crushed some summer shandies.

I've done a 180 on those. I had a summer shandy a few years ago and hated it. Now I love them.

* I think Marge and I are going to head up to watch our Buckeyes play your Wildcats in Brooklyn. Who is going (other than the Beans)?

* Dinner with Dr. Hotbody and a few other old spinning class friends tonight.

I had hot dogs yesterday. They were satisfactory.

Also finally finished up season 3 of "The Americans" - the new "best show on TV." If you haven't watched any of it, do yourselves a favor and catch up this summer. It's better than anything else you're watching - guaranteed.
Is it Netflix-able?

* Destin in 2 1/2 weeks.

* I think Marge and I are going to head up to watch our Buckeyes play your Wildcats in Brooklyn. Who is going (other than the Beans)?

Happy to report the water is back to it's electric emerald glow. Absolutely gorgeous. It's been off the last few summers.

Also on board for the NYC trip.

The Americans is available on Amazon Prime.

-The Schembizzles should all be in NYC for the game.

-I've pretty much cut beer out of my diet all together. Wine and scotch are the favs.

-Purged nearly all of the tailgate setup stuff. About 20 chairs, 8 banners, several left over coolers, the garage fridge and most everything else out there. Kind of sad but enough of clogging up our garage with that stuff. Kept everything that's still functional.

-Willy, get on my poster. Leggo.

Randoms:

- Fresh off a 3.5-day weekend and starting a 3-day work week for dad.

- Friday: Dinner at Senate in OTR. These trendy restaurants down there are ALWAYS packed and you ALWAYS have to wait an hour or two, but it's actually not a bad deal as you give them yo digits, go to the Lackman or some other pub for a drink or two and they text you when the table is ready. My dog was on point- went with the Trailer Park (bacon wrapped beef hotdog, american cheese, coleslaw, crushed grippos & brioche bun). Saturday: Grill out at my buddy's house. Sunday: Boating on the Ohio all day. Monday: R&R.

- Said it before and I'll say it again, enjoyed a day of boating but I'm good for another month or so. I get bored and over it quickly. On my list of "wants", having a boat comes in around #803. I don't know how Boat people do it every weekend, those who live close to where they boat, let alone the people who have to drive 3 hours to Cumberland. It's a lifestyle for sure and not for me

- Avoided the shitshow that is Taste of Cincinnati this year.

- My girl is cool and all, but she's out of town this coming weekend and I'm kind of happy about it. Will be nice to just get drunk with my buddies. I like hanging out with her but she wants to spend like every second together.

- Damn, Payne makes 700-grrr?

- So, Murray's working toward becoming 2015. This info coming fresh off the visit to UK. Every other contender for his services features even a bigger guard jumble than ours. Kid would get every chance to be the leading scorer for a title contender. I think he's ours.

- Is it just me or does it seem like Calipari has gotten a little recharged in recruiting? Seems like the dude is getting after these younger kids and is motivated after the disappointments of this Spring.

^I think he definitely has. Most evident with his rhetoric last week. Good for him, he's been slacking. :confused: (I do like the addition of this smilie.)

Guess I've moved on. Last night I had a dream that Poythress was entering a supplemental draft and was bouncing. Pretty detailed.

I think Cal has realized that waiting until the last second to lock down recruits for next year's team is playing with fire - especially now that more teams are willing to go the one-and-done route. The fact that we had/have a ton of roster space but whiffed on damn near everybody this spring is still bewildering to me, though. I'm starting to suspect that these kids simply didn't want the pressure of trying to replace last year's group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT