ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty crazy how few times the blue bloods meet in the championship game. Kentucky/Kansas in 12 is pretty much it as for anything recent unless we count UCONN.

Tech winning tonight would be the first national championship for a team that shares a conference with Kansas. Put that conference winning streak in perspective.

Last edited:
Its pretty crazy how few times the blue bloods don't meet in the championship game. Kentucky/Kansas in 12 is pretty much it as for anything recent unless we count UCONN.

Pretty much only UNC-IU in 81 and UK-UCLA in 75. UNC won its first vs KU in 57, but they weren't really blue blood yet. Same with UK-Duke in 78.

So Dan Wetzel is only about 4' tall?
D3pvj1yXoAAAgOP.jpg:large
That’s SGNI on another trip I think

Fair enough, I just see UVA as “escaping” games that the champion always does, and I don’t see Tony Bennett not winning this thing now.

I also think(obvious I guess) Texas Tech has played well beyond who they are, and if Owens doesn’t play I think UVA has an obvious edge at every position.

Wonder if this changes RJ Hampton's plans. Wouldn't mind getting back into that race.

- Saturday Keeneland indeed is a little much but I’ll be headed down on a bus April 20 to entertain some family friends in town from Detroit. Oh well. Still fun.

- At least, I have zero anxiety about the outcome tonight.

Not saying that we'll contend next year and have to worry about it, but . . .

UVA loses virtually nobody off this roster and is a lock for preseason #1 next year regardless of tonight's outcome.

Might be better to have them get one under their belt and have the pressure to repeat, instead of having seniors Guy and Jerome still hungry for their first.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
Not saying that we'll contend next year and have to worry about it, but . . .

UVA loses virtually nobody off this roster and is a lock for preseason #1 next year regardless of tonight's outcome.

Might be better to have them get one under their belt and have the pressure to repeat, instead of having seniors Guy and Jerome still hungry for their first.
Caesars odds are already out and they are the favorite at 5/1.

UK and Duke both 8/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT