ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-leaving for Charleston/spring break this weekend. The Rudd's need a week off. Done it before but rec's are always appreciated.

My favorite thing to do down there is to rent a boat at Isle of Palms Marina. You can go NE up the Intracoastal Waterway and stop at Dewee's Island which is fun to explore. And/or you can go SE down to the Harbor, which is pretty cool in that a) you can weave in and out of giant container ships b) go right up to the USS Yorktown and c) tour Ft Sumter/downtown houses.

We always dock up at Red's on Shem Creek and have lunch. Pretty solid day for kids.

Reactions: rudd1
* Props to Wofford's effort in the loss. They did everything right, had a really good game plan, just didnt hit enough shots (credit UK's defense). Wofford's defense was much better than I wouldve thought.

*Saturday's result was an ideal team W- with everyone doing just enough to get us by. Baker's last couple games was a nice surprise.

*Twitter digging up this Tacko vine was a nice find

*Only went with cheaper pours over the weekend. Not going to waste top shelf stuff on the first weekend.

*Heading to Louisville this weekend to watch with some of my bff's. We normally do a trip like SECT or another sports related weekend, but they all have kids and schedules just didnt add up this year- so we settle for a weekend in Louisville which is fine by me.

*UK baseball is a colossal failure this season, which will make a lot of you extremely happy. Worst team in the SEC by a wide margin right now.

People put way too much into hearing a pop. Just because things pop, doesn’t necessarily mean anything if you didn’t snap a bone.

When I hear someone make a big deal about a pop I assume they never played any sort if real sport after the 3rd grade. My ankles used to pop walking up stairs back in the day, didn't mean I needed to be in a walking boot.

giphy.gif

Houston plays slow and are 5th in the country in 2 point FG % defense. It’ll be a close, low scoring, heart-stopping slogfest with each team trying to out-grind the other one.

Buckle up.
Watching them for basically the first time last night it seemed like they pushed pace with that point guard but I was corrected on HOB, they actually kind of grind things out.

That should be a real hoot of a game!

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
I've got a full box (lol) for the Oaks, 6 tickets, in Section 115 D. Located just past the Finish Line.
First Floor Clubhouse.
$1,500 for all 6 tickets. That's a little less than what I paid Churchill for them.

Watching them for basically the first time last night it seemed like they pushed pace with that point guard but I was corrected on HOB, they actually kind of grind things out.

That should be a real hoot of a game!

Haven’t watched them much at all, but I know they’re very good defensively and are ~250th in tempo. Plus, everything slows down/tightens up at this stage.

Final score: 63-60, somebody.

(Cats favored by 2.5.)

- Quick glance at Houston's metrics:

247th in Poss (66.1/gm)
24th in Adj Off-Eff
13th in Adj Def-Eff
63rd in TO% (16.8% or 11/gm)
195th in Force TO% (18.2%)
20th in Off-Reb% (34.7%)
83rd in Opp. Off-Reb% (26.2%)
96th in 3FGA% (35.9%)

- Houston lives to score on the fast break (82 percentile in percentage of shots in transition). On the other hand, Kentucky is very good at preventing fast-break opportunities (86th percentile in limiting shots in transition).

- Houston's offense is *not* very good in the half-court. They are in the 4th percentile in terms of FGA that come at the rim. On the perminter, we will have a significant size advantge. They'll likely give up 2-3" to Hagans (6-3), 3-4" to Herro (6-5), and 4-5" to Johnson (6-6). Unlike Wofford's Magee and Hoover, who the metrics say primarily score off screens, Houston's top scorers primarily score off spot-up attempts.

- A lot will be said about Houston's tenacity on defense. While true, I think people are overlooking the fact that UK is a bad match-up for Houston's offense. I don't think Houston's athleticism is vastly superior (or superior at all) to UK, but there is a huge difference in UK's length vs. Houston.

Thanks for supporting this dipshit wcc and Bristol:

[laughing]

Avenatti riding on the coat-tail of the scandal of the day. Geez, that seems unusual for him.

Looking forward to hearing about how "credible" his witness is, and that his witness will take a polygraph *only* of the Nike CEO agrees to do the same.

What a clown....

This is on Hagans. Right, wrong, or indifferent - it's all on him.

Y'all can talk about Herro or Keldon, or establishing Reid in the post yada yada yada all day long (which I do below lol)... but if we don't get dribble penetration and finishes at the rim, it won't effing matter.

Hope our boy can handle the pressure, because it's coming. He must keep a tight lid on those handles, because I've noticed Houston has been pretty good at 'baiting' you into the paint only to swallow you up with very good help-side.

With that said, they'll probably take a page out of the Wofford playbook with the hard high hedge, only they'll be faster on the recover. Now that we've seen the sell out, if we don't reverse the ball side-to-side, we're effed.

And with *that* said, there should never be a time where a non-shooter enters the post to Reid Travis from the wing. Took Cal a good 20 minutes to make the simple GD adjustment Saturday. Herro/Travis entry all/air. Keldon gotta snipe that opposite 3 once they overplay.

I'll take our chances on the ^above^ if our PG can get us a few easy buckets at the rim. It's amazing the pressure it takes off your half court O when everything isn't a GD grind.

Y'all hear me? Lesssgo. Toss this bitch up, PJ or no.

Why we do this - THIS IS MARCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT