ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So PJ is out for the year right? This isn’t going to linger all week again is it? Daddy pretty much confirmed that? Cal walking on egg shells because he’s built his legacy as the dude that puts players first but he’s passive agressive as F about it? That cover it?

We will get news on Tuesday that he may or may not play Friday, he will then be rolled out in a wheelchair Friday and if we win he may be available on Sunday.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Assuming Houston and Virginia win (spoiler alert, they will) that’ll be 14 out of 16 1-4 seeds in the Sweet 16. That can’t have happened many times before, if ever.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
We CAN beat Houston without him but we will be underdog. Nothing after that is remotely obtainable.

If I see him on the ****ing scooter again after seeing him jumping up and down all game I will absolutely lose my cool and the BJW side of me will cuss him and his daddy for months to come

Reactions: McDrama
If I may add just a shred of optimism...assuming we get Houston and then Auburn/UNC for the F4. All those teams push pace, which is something EJ is comfortable doing and a style in which we can go small with Keldon at the 4.

But we can’t win a title without PJ unless we go unconscious from the arc for a month.

Last edited:
I do think Barrett pushed, but I also think the UCF player is a big pussy to go flying that far - have to get that rebound it wasnt that hard of a push.

As I was taught as a young lad - and as I've taught many young lads - doesn't matter how big the other guy is, as long as you have proper position, you get your backside lower than his, drive it backward and cripple him if that's what it takes to get the effing rebound. Especially in that situation.

/Been driving for 6 hours, catching up, more to come.

I think people are really overlooking LSU as the best option to beat Duke. This substitute coach really seems to have them playing smarter, and their bigs can create problems just like UCF did today.

They have the toughest 2 games to make the F4 for the first time in maybe ever!

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
-When I saw Houston play 2 nights ago, I was kind of skeert at their "athleticism". But tonight is a different story, and if they can't put away Ohio State any easier than this - good grief. Perhaps not.

-Again, this thing is 3 different tournaments, each consisting of 2 games; and each 2 game mini-tournament has a different dynamic. Yes, a 2-game swing of Houston/then UNC would be very damn difficult without PJ. IMO, any other dynamic (OSU-Aub / OSU-UNC) is manageable, with or without PJ. Perspective: if PJ had not returned, how many S16 teams' rosters would you rather have than ours? 3 to 5? OK, I still like our spot for next weekend.

-Duke: yes, every title team survives a scare, but theirs was in spite of their blatant weaknesses. They missed what, 3 FT in the last minute? They are going to lose, I have no doubt. My biggest regret about it not happening tonight is, I was hoping we wouldn't have to hear about them anymore. But that's OK, it's gonna happen. Their talent is too much to dismiss out of hand, but so is their piss-poor FT shooting and even worse 3-pt shooting.

Best part is, when they lose a week from now or 2 weeks from now, it's going to be far more devastating to them and their paid network commentators, because there will be so much more smugness, and so much more at stake.

Mark this post for April 8. Hopefully it will be 2 to 10 days stale by then, and we won't even remember that Duke beat UCF.

So after knocking out America's darling, now to advance we've gotta go break Wilford Brimley's old, diabeetus-ridden heart and most likely kill him in the process. Great. What a joyous run this is turning out to be.

Kidding aside, I saw a team that would've been knocked out by a shitty team if not for their advantage in the paint. Come to Kansas City and let's see what kind of advantage they have in the paint.

I want Duke out as bad as anyone, so yeah, I'm disappointed it didn't happen tonight, but at what point can we have a conversation about whether these guys are the world-beaters everyone seems to be making them out to be? I see a team with more issues than just questionable three-point shooting, that seems to be continuously living dangerously with bad teams. We sure they straight nightmares? I'm not.

Last edited:
Gameday was just very complimentary.

Our dudes were cold and Johnson was off but we played exactly like Cal wanted. Limit possessions, grind, wear them out. Great game plan and beautifully executed.

-Did Magee guard Herro the entire game because I felt like he did? If so it's a terrible mistake by Wofford's coach. Why wear your best player down on defense? Herro ran that dude to death on both ends. Cal basically sacrificed Herro for Magee.

-Worked on Glenlivet 12, red wine, and Blanton's.
Totally agree. Cal completely sacrificed Herro for McGee and I’m positive Cal told Herro that and Herro did it. Amazing performance really.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
I used to think Century was a conceited douche a decade ago...even after I met him in person.

However, the older I get, the more I think the guy gets "it" as much as anyone. My man.

EDIT: I'm sure he thought/knew I was an immature little punk as well.

Wow- [laughing] - yes, we had our early conflicts on the board, but all this time, I thought it was when I met you at the Hyatt was when we smoothed it all out.

Sorry, and damn, I try to make an effort to be nice to everyone In person, thought we hit it off. IIRC, I had my 7 (?) year old son with me, so I wasn't in top form to drink hard and bond over the Cats in the 5 minutes that WS introduced us.

Love what you've done and how you've grown up, and hopefully we can have a drink in Minn9apolis. :boxing:

Ha, it wasn't so much the in person meeting for five minutes. You were perfectly nice and we got along...I believe you called me an "asshole midget" on this board a couple weeks after.

Although, it was probably a fair assessment on the board at the time...even though we got along in person. I will also concede that I am indeed short, although not as short as Chad. I believe I have BBdK too.

Anyway, I enjoy your posts as much as any poster...and respect your UNC hate more than anyone I know, including life long Duke fans who think they know what a rivalry is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Century Cat
A 10pm tip time that (I guess) caters to the four fans that Houston has and CBS rather than the most rabid fanbase in existence?

It is almost like the NCAA wants its product to fail. Might want to have the refs spend four minutes of primetime staring at the monitor to review that decision, Emmert.

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT