ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumbass doesn't even understand the terms he's using. You can't be "progressing" to the mean. It's regressing to the mean. Even when it means positive performance, it's still "regressing" because the standard deviation is what's shrinking, not the performance.

But guys like that think using the phrase "regressing to the mean" makes you look smart, the same way a kitten looks smarter if you put a little graduation cap on it.

I take offense to the people that say if we can’t beat Wofford without PJ then we weren’t going to win it anyway. I mean he is our best player so we are a much different team with him. If we get win tomorrow and get him back for next weekend then we are still a contender.

It just seems lazy.

UNC loss + UK title --> There's no telling how much I'd pay but haven't been priced out of the discussion yet.

That's definitely one way to buy happiness.

As a lifetime investment, I'd probably pay the equivalent of one my kids' education for 4 more UK titles in the next 20 years, with 0 for UCLA. I'd just pretend I had an extra kid. Would be more than worth it.

Duke isn't winning this tournament. ND State didn't score for 7 minutes, shot 2-14 from three, and had a shit whistle...and only down 4?

Duke will win this one, and they'll have a good shooting game where they look unbeatable next game/S16/E8...but it's going to catch up.

Reminds me of 2010 when we waxed Wake, Cornell, etc...Bledsoe got hot and hit six threes in a game...then it caught up.

Last edited:
Also, on that Wake waxing note...

Hanging out with Chas McFarland from that Wake team right now. He's now one of my best friends.

He still hates DeMarcus Cousins with a passion. Still fun to remind him that was his last collegiate game ever.

[laughing]

I think my favorite part of this is that if we found a GYERO from that game, >90% chance you’d have a post calling him a bitch.

Not at athletic subscriber so what is Kyle tucker saying about Peej and Washington?

Basically he’s perfectly fine to play whenever he feels like it. And he doesn’t feel like it because it hurts, and no one knows when it won’t hurt.

Duke isn't winning this tournament. ND State didn't score for 7 minutes, shot 2-14 from three, and had a shit whistle...and only down 4?

Duke will win this one, and they'll have a good shooting game where they look unbeatable next game/S16/E8...but it's going to catch up.

Reminds me of 2010 when we waxed Wake, Cornell, etc...Bledsoe got hot and hit six threes in a game...then it caught up.

Bingo. Tommy *gets it.*.

They'll look like the Warriors next time out, and ESPN will run “COULD DUKE BEAT THE 1996 BULLS??????” headlines, and all the simpletons will buy in, and then they’ll lose in the E8 when they go 3 for 29 from three.

Also, I hate them.

Chris Webber on commentary...not good. Out of all those guys who played in the 90s and then became analysts, Greg Anthony is good, or at least I like him. I'm not sure any of the rest of them are even passable.

Yes. C-Webb seems to think he is 10x more entertaining and insightful than he actually is. I mean, he would be a great analyst to an audience of middle-schoolers just learning the game.

And Brian Anderson is starstruck in his presence.

[sick]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT