ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a top 2 seed at UK, Cal is 13-0 in the first three rounds of the NCAA Tournament.

And he’s never lost to a team seeded more than one spot lower (not including teams coached by Bruce Weber).

Reactions: wcc31
UK does commit the stupidest GD fouls.

The big from Wofford scares me because he looks to be a good passer and loves to take charges ALA Grant Williams.

EJ Montgomery has the worst timing on rebounds. He consistently catches rebounds when they are almost at his knees mid jump.

Herro had a good game but I felt like they should have ran more sets for him. I hope he shows them themst they aren’t the only white boys that can shoot.

-Playing next Friday helps but not feeling great about Peej coming back. The rumblings are getting louder and him in a full cast and Achilles scooter doesn't help.

-Cal running every line up combo he could try out there like a maniac didn't help with the anxiety.

-Johnson looked great on offense at the 4 but he was getting worked by a marginal dude on D. If he's playing with Travis he doesn't have a rim protector to lend a hand.

-The key to that lineup is Quickley being an asset and not playing like he had a lobotomy right before the game. His worst effort in months.

-I thought both Montgomery and Richards had moments. EJ basically shut down that kid that Johnson was getting abused by and had some nice put backs. Richards was awful early but had a serviceable 2nd half.

-Glass half full, Johnson/Travis/Herro all looked ready to lead us. That trio is plenty to carry us 2 more games. Travis especially was a man last night.

:joy: @ the Barstool guys betting $30k units on SECW teams in the NCAAT. That's as rookie as it gets. Made for great entertainment though.

The big from Wofford scares me because he looks to be a good passer and loves to take charges ALA Grant Williams.

I think the shitty SEC officiating has helped us in the tournament because it seems to me that the refs are ten times better here.

That said - how many charges will these duds get on Travis in the post? I can already see the flops in my head.

Here’s a list of the coaches in the world who DONT play the “were the underdogs” angle 100% of the time:

I am now 100% convinced Cal is trolling all the teams in the Midwest with this PJ thing. Is he hurt? Probably a little. Probably got a sore little foot. But Cal has a plan. He’s baiting every poor bastard in our region into thinking PJ is donezo. Everyone is going to spend the week practicing taking advantage of the matchup. They’re thinking “hey! Let’s just pull that big honk Reid Travis out to the perimeter then beat them with back door cuts!”

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

Pj stands up and rips off his mask during the introductions. He’s been pj Washington this whole time. And guess what? His sore wittle footy is all better, and he’s looking for an ass to put it in.

Coach cal lights a cigarette then puts it out on Joel Justus buzzed head. Jennifer nime palumbo has a climax so hard the roof shakes. Cats by 90

EJ and Reid are pretty interesting together, tbh...rather have PJ, obviously. But Nick, man. I like to have him, don't want to need him.

Shorts:

-Had 2 separate $100 bets w/ my boy Harmon & His Wolfpack, on who would advance further vs UVA & Nova. That was quick. :sunglasses: Have been crushing it tailing his Utah St Aggies though, and plan to again today.

-SEC with a nice start (non gambol)

-Drew had a rough season, but he did recruit two 5* last year. I disagree with the move. New AD though, they love bringing in their own dudes.

-Avery out, too?

-Feel like I'm rooting less for major upsets this year than ever before, just b/c I want teams capable of taking out a few hated foes. Is that wrong?

-My PJ will play again meter is at 55%, and dropping.

-Buffalo/Arizona St is another fun matchup that was TOTALLY coincidence. Bulls big.

-UK/Wofford line is -5. Early returns have 39% of the bets on Wofford, with 63% of the money. I expect most of you will be putting 3 figures minimum on this.

Last edited:
Richards and Montgomery go for the pump fave every time. Leave their feet so much it leads to too many fouls. You would have thought this would have been ironed out by now.

-All season, Nevada played like those teams Pitino/Tubby used to play in 90's exhibition games....teams like "California All-Stars", "Nike Elite", "EA Sports", etc....groups of guys who were D-1 talent, but played like they were at the Dirt Bowl.

-Still a great announcer, but Kevin Harlan seems to have slipped a bit. Lots of uncharacteristic mistakes last night.

-Some Rivals writer lobbing Gregg Marshall's name as a candidate at Vandy. Good grief.

-We're all done with those Spike/Chuck/Samuel L. commercials, right? The novelty has worn off. All three are likable enough guys, but you have to, you know, give them something to actually SAY.

-Jon Rothstein is gonna Jon Rothstein all over everything, and I like the guy the rest of the year, but he's at his worst during the tournament. Those forced "Region of _______" monikers he gives each corner of the bracket are like nails on a chalkboard. And his nuggets have virtually no bearing on the actual game that will be played. "As a child, Buzz Williams' family often visited Six Flags St. Louis while visiting relatives on summer vacations. Huge matchup against the Billikens today in the REGION OF MELANCHOLY".

Not sure if any of those locations/towns are up to his lifestyle standards, but those SEC scrubs need to holla at Pitino.

-Nobody loves Hoots more than Richie. :joy: A few of us will be at Saints around 1:30 if any of you locals get a wild hair.

:basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball:

Last edited:
I'm not sure the Gregg Marshall to Vandy take is as utterly stupid as it looks at first blush. (I mean it is stupid, but still.)

Greg Marshall is one helluva coach but he's been sitting in Wichita for way too long when he could have taken over Indiana, Louisville, etc. I don't get the feeling that he's waiting on Duke or Kentucky, either.

Just a weird situation and he may be a weird dude.

Marshall isn't going to Vandy but then again, where is he going?

I'm not sure the Gregg Marshall to Vandy take is as utterly stupid as it looks at first blush. (I mean it is stupid, but still.)

Greg Marshall is one helluva coach but he's been sitting in Wichita for way too long when he could have taken over Indiana, Louisville, etc. I don't get the feeling that he's waiting on Duke or Kentucky, either.

Just a weird situation and he may be a weird dude.

Marshall isn't going to Vandy but then again, where is he going?

Indiana or Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT