ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Wofford is cute and all, but if you don’t think being slow, short, white, and unathletic is a liability— watch the rest of this game. They look shaky AF.

* Is Gene Steratore asleep? On Vicodin? Recovering from a stroke??

Umm the right way.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
I'd feel pretty good about a potential rematch with Seton Hall considering how bad Kentucky was at the time of that game and even then what it took from Seton Hall to win that game.

But Myles Powell getting Jesus during a game is legitimately frightening and when it happens, you can't do anything about it.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
Sounds like the Mason kid from Baylor might have a similar injury to PJ. Pain radiates from bottom of foot and hurts to walk. He is playing through it.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I honestly feel like Travis will have another huge game against either of these teams and we will murk the shit out of them on the boards.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
-We're playing a road game Saturday if Wofford wins.

-Cal needs to leave Richards TF on the bench against these shooters. Ever see someone leave their feet in a completely useless way like he does?

OMFG, is this a straight troll thread;
Or has everyone lost their minds;
Or is anyone serious anymore?

Even if PJ had gone pro last year, does anyone really think we're losing to effing *Wofford* in Round 2? The Fighting Terriers from Spartanburg, SC?

Yeah, maybe they'll put up some points, but - is anyone REALLY afraid of them?

Come on, now. Hagans, Herro, Keldon, RT call bullshit on that.

In the meantime, give PJ ~ 12+ days rest, and let's Fn Go.

Wofford hits 20 threes and plays 2-3 zone which we’ve never seen before. Brad cries tears on his BAPE pajamas. Seen this crap before.

Did PJ wake up this morning?

90156113aec35cb739df51564ba6add6.gif

If we guard the 3 we win. If our guards gets in foul trouble, or our bigs keep getting caught on switches, it’ll be a close one.

I’m pretty confident this team can handle a team like Wofford. I’d still rather play them than several other 7-10 seeded teams.

On the season, Wofford shoots 43% of their field goals from the three point line and makes those shots at a 42% clip. So that (obviously) is where their money is made.

We don't have dumbass Billy Clyde on the sidelines who can lose to a VMI, Gardener Webb, etc. This really should be the most SURVIVE AND ADVANCE game of all time. I hope it is ugly as hell.

Do everything possible to control the perimeter, let Reid Travis go absolutely HAM on the inside, slow the game down to a glacial pace, keep Richards and Montgomery from touching anything up, and avoid injury. No more and no less.

Seems fairly simple. Just get to touching Kansas City in one piece and let's get PJ back.

Just my opinion!!! but the fear for our second round opponent is more of a product in the lack of complete trust with our own team.

*Just about every guy on the roster has done a disappearing act at some point in the season

*As soon as we began to click mid-season, unfortunate injuries pop-up.

*As soon as the injuries heal and we have a few games to get back into form, another injury pops-up

*We keep imagining shooting slumps that replicate past seasons and have been our downfall in the tournament when we were the better team

*I think we all wanted to see *something* or *ANYTHING* promising from Richards and Montgomery yesterday to maybe ease some worries in Washington's absence... and obviously the opposite happened.

And yes Wofford's strength in shooting from range has been a point of weakness for us defensively, which stokes the fears a bit. But its more that we are still waiting to see a complete performance from our own fully health team, rather than being scared of Wofford.

Control the offensive glass, cut it out with the stupid fouls, don't make it harder than it needs to be. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT