ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely get that because the Vols and their fans can DIAF. But other than Grant Williams' flopping ass, I kind of like this Vols team. Schofield seems like a class act and I am kind of jealous of getting to watch a group of great seniors develop into a helluva team over time.

But if we play them again, f*** 'em.

They only have 2 seniors in their rotation.

F Tennessee. F ESPN. F the selection committee. F College basketball. Put us in the toughest bracket. Bring that shit. Roll the nightmare movie. Let’s do this shit. CUT SOME DAMN NETS

I would prefer not to play in the hardest bracket. There is a reason Coach K has been to 20 Final Fours...and it's not all coaching. He's usually in the "easiest" bracket.

The committee can only do so many favors. Much comes down to luck- upsets and whatnot. Unfortunately for us- besides last year, we have rarely benefited from upsets.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
People are out here picking Michigan State 2-3 spots higher than us. Swept by IU and lost to 12-21 Illinois, lost to Kansas and Louisville, both teams we beat. We would be outside the top 10 with that resume.

It's amazing. I cant think of a single year where the media took up for Kentucky. We are going to miss out on Columbus becuaze of this ish. PRAY we get them as a 1 seed.

The committee can only do so many favors. Much comes down to luck- upsets and whatnot. Unfortunately for us- besides last year, we have rarely benefited from upsets.

True but it's better to have the odds in your favor more often than not.

Reactions: wcc31
- "Eye Test" Seedings:

1-1) Duke
1-2) UVA
1-3) Tennessee
1-4) UK
2-1) UNC
2-2) Gonzaga
2-3) Winner MSU/Mich
2-4) Loser MSU/Mich

- Yesterday's UK/UT game was played at a FF or NC level.

- What is UVA's *best* win for the season? UNC? Somehow, the NET Rankings have VaTech (24-8 and 4-8 Q1) sitting at 11th??

- Completely forgot UNC lost to Texas. So their resume is beating Gonzaga, Duke 2x without Zion, and losses to UK, UVA, Michigan, Louisville and Texas. If that's a 1-seed resume, just burn the whole f*cking thing down.

- Angry Cal is the best version of himself. Our play yesterday for 37:25 of the game has me feeling strangely confident about the next 3 weeks. We'll play a gauntlet road, but f*ck everybody that's not us.

So....predictions and embellishments are taken extremely seriously in GYERO? Noted for the future.

- Assuming everyone had Tennessee as a 2 seed headed into the day.

- I realize I'm wrong but it would be huge if the Auburn performance today got them to a Top 4 seed for bracketing purposes. Could possibly help us. Ignorant if you think otherwise. Committee will keep them at a 5 though.

Brutal leg injury in the MSU game. You could hear Ahrens in pain from the floor mic.

Poor kid. Edit: nah, just a huge gash.

Last edited:
Duke isn’t going to jump to #1 overall after losing 3 of their last 6 (regular season). Losing to VaTech, even without Williamson, is a bad loss for them.

- What is UVA's *best* win for the season? UNC? Somehow, the NET Rankings have VaTech (24-8 and 4-8 Q1) sitting at 11th??

VaTech got ranked as high as #10 mid season before losing their best player. They have been extremely tough, and are a solid tournament team and without looking I believe they finished top 25.

I’m only pointing this out because you seem to think they are garbage.

It’s a settled fact that basketball players are generally massive pussies when they experience the slightest injury on the court. I can’t count how many times guys have fallen down on the court, writhing in pain, rolling around like a sniper shot them, and then they’re fine in like 2-3 minutes. I’m not sure whatever happened to not wanting to look like a little bitch, but it was lost long ago in basketball.

I didn’t see the injury you guys are talking about, but it sounds like maybe that’s the case for him as well.

It’s a settled fact that basketball players are generally massive pussies when they experience the slightest injury on the court. I can’t count how many times guys have fallen down on the court, writhing in pain, rolling around like a sniper shot them, and then they’re fine in like 2-3 minutes. I’m not sure whatever happened to not wanting to look like a little bitch, but it was lost long ago in basketball.

I didn’t see the injury you guys are talking about, but it sounds like maybe that’s the case for him as well.

Leg bent at a rough angle, basically. They brought out an aircast and stretchered him out.

The fact that he’s back at the arena already —-> [laughing]. He was making 100x the noise Kevin Ware did, and that was an actual gruesome injury.

#1 seed on the line for Michigan State.

I would have IVs and oxygen hooked up to the player.

Tom may even do well to call a timeout, walk down to the player, place his hand on him and sing an Old Regular Baptist hymn.

They had him mic’d Up there too. First thing out his mouth was “How’s your mother” :joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT