ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selection Committee must love the fact that their work on the 1s and 2s will be finished on Saturday afternoon. Upside, Mitch can make his 9 pm bedtime.

If Cats beat Vols:

1 East - Duke

1 South - UVA

1 Midwest - UK

1 West - Gonzaga

If Vols beat Cats:

Same, except UNC gets 1 Midwest, Cats 2 South.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
WTF are you talking about?

If we win out we are an absolute slam dunk 1. You think the committee is going to unseat Gonzaga after UNCs loss? You’re an idiot.

I don’t even know who you’re talking to. If it’s me, learn to read. No shit we’ll be a 1 seed if we win out. I was questioning whether we’d go to Louisville or not.

I don’t even know who you’re talking to. If it’s me, learn to read. No shit we’ll be a 1 seed if we win out. I was questioning whether we’d go to Louisville or not.

I was confused by your post, and the additional comma following “us” led me to believe you were grouping Kentucky in with your hypothetical 3 ACC seeds.

You know, you hurt a lot of people with your decisions sometimes, Chase. Now I’ve been made to look foolish in front of my friends. You let me down. I want you to really think about what you just did.

Asshole.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
I think Zion Williamson is pretty unreal but what is even more unreal is the whistle he gets.

• 803 minutes played
  • 55 personal fouls
  • 1 foul per 14.6 minutes of play.
  • 3 games with zero fouls (would be 4 but I didn't count the first UNC game)
  • 20 games out of 27 games with 2 personal fouls or less
  • Has only fouled out once (vs Tex Tech on a neutral court)
  • 3 games with 4 fouls (2 road games) and 3 games with 3 fouls (2 of those in November)
  • Of the 7 games with "foul trouble" (3 fouls or more), 3 were in 2018 and 4 in 2019.
  • In games with 4 or more steals, he commits only 9 total PF (never getting 3 fouls in a game)
  • In games with 3 or more blocks, he commits only 11 total PF (only 1 game with 3 fouls)
I have eyeballed a few other players as comparisons and there are no forwards close to his numbers.

Need FSU to knock out Duke today, I believe that gives us the best chaince to get the Louisville region and avoid a matchup with UNC before the final 4. We’d get the Louisville region and the committee might send UNC to the west to avoid being our 2 seed in Louisville. Otherwise we’ll be looking at UNC in Kansas City.

Just curious if the committee would put Duke in the west because it’s easy, then why wouldn’t they do the same for UNC when they are clearly #5 or the top 2 seed and it seems Gonzaga is clearly the 4th 1 seed.

That seems like a very strong possibility especially with MSU playing their way into a solid 2. MSU in the Midwest makes a lot of sense.

The wildcard is what happens to Gonzaga. As long as Gonzaga stays on the 1-line, it’s nearly a lock that UK will be opposite a top ACC team as a 1 or 2. Meanwhile, the Zags will have a *cupcake* region in the West. This year will further illustrate why abandoning the S-curve is a f*cking stupid policy.

I guess the silver lining is that I don’t think there’s any chance UK ends up in the East with Duke.

I've watched a good amount of Duke this season and I can't honestly say I've sat through a game thinking Zion was getting a favorable whistle or the officials 'protecting' him. He's just bigger, more athletic, and has fantastic timing and understanding of the game.

The announcing slurpfest is another thing but maybe he's just pretty effing transcendent? Duke's had plenty of supreme dbags over the years but he's not similar to them, IMO.

Need FSU to knock out Duke today, I believe that gives us the best chaince to get the Louisville region and avoid a matchup with UNC before the final 4. We’d get the Louisville region and the committee might send UNC to the west to avoid being our 2 seed in Louisville. Otherwise we’ll be looking at UNC in Kansas City.

So a team we’re directly competing with for a 1 seed losing to a 3 or 4 seed team today would help us in seeding?

Thanks for the update, Joey Brackets.

I was confused by your post, and the additional comma following “us” led me to believe you were grouping Kentucky in with your hypothetical 3 ACC seeds.

You know, you hurt a lot of people with your decisions sometimes, Chase. Now I’ve been made to look foolish in front of my friends. You let me down. I want you to really think about what you just did.

Asshole.

I’m sorry. We’re all wildcat friends here. Go Cats!

Reactions: PTI (pti)
I've watched a good amount of Duke this season and I can't honestly say I've sat through a game thinking Zion was getting a favorable whistle or the officials 'protecting' him. He's just bigger, more athletic, and has fantastic timing and understanding of the game.

The announcing slurpfest is another thing but maybe he's just pretty effing transcendent? Duke's had plenty of supreme dbags over the years but he's not similar to them, IMO.
It’s not the foul whistle that gets me as much as the walking.

PJ can’t do a pump fake and put it on the deck without the refs anticipate-calling a walk. About 1/3 of Zion’s drives and breakaway dunks are blatant walks. If I was an opposing coach I would be on the refs about it from tip.

Is it too late to start calling Leonard Hamilton “Mr March?”

I’ve always thought he was one of the greats, and it’s further proof that good things happen when you give a guy 38 years to really get his coaching staff and players in place to implement his system.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
You guys not understanding the tweet your posting is very rafters-esque

The best week of the year is upon us - what all Kentucky fans wait for all year - leggo!

Dukes a 1 seed either way - if we win today we aren’t competing with them for a 1 seed, but it would help us in getting the Louisville region. We both win today I think Duke gets the south and we’ll have UNC with us in the Midwest. Duke loss today might put us in front of them in the seed line and we’d have a better chance of avoiding Carolina. I don’t think the committee will put UNC or Duke with us in Louisville.

Yeah, on second read, you may be right Ron. March is a frantic and confusing time for all of us.

It’s okay it’s only the SEC tourney, but go ahead and clean that shit out for next week.

So if we’re a 2 we’d like to avoid Duke as a 1 seed Is general consensus , but if we’re a one who do we want not want as a 2? Who are the 2 seeds right now? MSU, UNC, who else? Seems both are playing pretty well right now. I’m guessing if we’re Midwest we’d have MSU? How dangerous are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT