ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Final 4 is East vs West and South vs Midwest, I'm 99% certain that unc will be the #2 in KC instead of with Gonzaga.........if Duke is #1 in the East.

Reactions: Century Cat
If you don't think Duke is getting the #1 overall seed if they win today because "they pass the eye test" and "The no-Zion games don't count" you're naive.

A couple of years ago they had EIGHT friggin' losses, found their d*cks in time to win the ACC tournament and multiple people argued for them to get a one seed.

EYE. TEST. Prepare your anuses. It's happening.

It doesn't really feel like we beat UT today, but can't help but to feel that UT making this game so personal and big in their minds could be their downfall. Cal gets these guys to really take March one game at a time and make each opponent more faceless. I think his shtick about not "playing to your opponent" does have something real to it.

I've watched a good amount of Duke this season and I can't honestly say I've sat through a game thinking Zion was getting a favorable whistle or the officials 'protecting' him. He's just bigger, more athletic, and has fantastic timing and understanding of the game

I don’t think he is protected. I think he gets a different whistle than players in other conferences. Closest UK comparison that I can make is Randle. He was called for a foul every 1.5 minutes of game time in his college season. Williamson is a major outlier.

It also helps that Williamson is incredible.
Yeah, I'll be salty and b*tch about it for a week straight, but they're the team no one wants to play. Whether it's us or someone else, some team needs to step up and do god's work this year.

Like 10 years ago, now STFU about your prognostications because it’s obvious you have no clue what the rest of the rules are either.
Is it? So, last night I didn't do what Lunardi(Century Cat and Woodford also) did before he did it? We are talking about the Final 4 you dumb shit.

Last edited:
I’m getting UK -1.5 too, so I guess yahoo is fake news.

KU -1 too? Come on Cyclones! I assume KU has already played their way into a 3 seed but I still hate to see that conference fold, again.

Houston is a tough seed. Their ranked a 3 seed but man I’d hate to see them as a 4/5 in the Midwest with us. Not that they scare me match up wise at all, I just hate hungry ass mid majors with something to prove.

I really want Mich St to take down the Big10. All the talking heads saying that conference is best “top to bottom” will have a tough time explaining how a UK/UNC Midwest is justified if they can just take care of business.

Go Cats! Go Sparty!

Were you surprised when Tiger won the Tour Championship last year? Surprised when Phil won at Pebble Beach a month ago?

If we win we’re getting UNC in either Louisville or Kansas City, likely Kansas City, unless the ACC get 3 #1 seeds.

If we lose we’re going to Louisville with he overall #2 seed.

* Chief is posting WAY too much.

* I’m rooting for Kentucky, and against teams I hate. This thing can shake out however.

* Why is everyone sleeping on Michigan State as a 1, particularly if these major conference tourneys implode?

* If Duke wins the ACC, they’re the number 1 overall seed. Nobody should need to explain why, as it’s completely obvious at that point.

* Phil misses the cut at the Players by 5 strokes. Tiger is halfway thru his Saturday round and currently 11 back, in

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
With the new rules being #5 is better than being # 3 or 4 unless you’re from the same part of the county as #1.

Now wait - just to be clear, chief is saying that S region plays W region this year, per the rotation. That's how I understand it. Is that not correct?
I think WilliamJ doesn't comprehend but Booker screwed it up originally because he was out of his depth. If the ncaa made the changes to the F4 to re-seed then it starts this year. And that is not the case.

Last edited:
Jesus. Overall #1 matches with #4 and #2 matches with #3. Until the #1 seeds are place in their region you don’t know which region plays which. It’s been that was since 2012.

Reactions: warrior_SW
There’s never been a game where I’ve been like I wish we could watch the coach walk around and shrink the game on screen. Yet, here we are every game. I don’t think Bruce Pearl’s own family would prefer to watch him walk around over the game.

Jesus. Overall #1 matches with #4 and #2 matches with #3. Until the #1 seeds are place in their region you don’t know which region plays which. It’s been that was since 2012.
Look man, the original point was that unc would be placed in a bracket opposite of Duke by using bracketing rules as an excuse. Whether that is the West or Midwest. Florida State will be placed in the other.

Exactly, chief and cricket arguing about rules of seeding as if the NCAA doesn’t do what they want to get ratings or revenue is a waste of time 2 hours before a pretty big game!

Prediction -> UK will be a 2-seed even if we win the SEC-T. The Selection Committee chair will say that our losses to Seton Hall and Alabama meant we were never *really* considered for a 1-seed.

Cal will go on ESPN and poke the Selection Committee in the eye and talk about how he’s surprised we’re not playing Golden State in Bora Bora.

/lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT