ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzaga is a top 4 team by most any measure/ranking/metric, but I definitely understand the gripe of the committee not going by the criteria they say matters the most.
I mean, this would be the first time in recent memory the Selection Committee moved the goal posts when it comes to the critera they use to seed a team.

“What I’m asking for is the right to do my job while exercising my constitutional rights”

K, Will Wade.

Starting to think his ascension to that head coaching gig was somehow tied up in the Felicity Huffman/Lori Laughlin nonsense. What an entitled little brat.

all this talk about quadrants but nobody talking eye test come on man

I think (and I could be wrong) that the season or eye test is the primary factor in seeding, with all that extra stuff used to make the tough calls when comparing 2 teams, especially w/ regards to bubble at large selections. That's how it should be, at least. If it was all about the "criteria", the field would be set 1-68 by a computer based off of the results.

The Quadrant stuff is kinda wack, imo. We all know who the best damn teams are without looking at any of that garbage, as does anyone who follows cbb, which includes the committee.

In the end, Gonzaga probably has the best win in college basketball this season, and that will be their golden ticket.

Your #1 Seeds are UVA (overall #1), Gonzaga, Duke/UNC, and UK/Tennessee.

Just looked at the NET ranking and saw the West region likely #1-4 based on usual weakness:

1. Gonzaga
2. Houston
3. Texas Tech
4. Wofford

Duke shouldn't be a #1 seed b/c they've been garbage without Zion and are not guaranteed to get "it" back
Gonzaga shouldn't be a #1 seed b/c they play a wack conference
UVA shouldn't be a #1 seed b/c Bennett sucks in March and they lost to a 16 last year
UNC shouldn't be a #1 seed b/c we whipped them and they got lucky w/ Zion being out both of their wins vs. Duke
Sparty shouldn't be a #1 seed b/c INDIANA swept their asses, they miss Langford big time, and the B1G is horribly overrated

Kentucky is really the only #1 seed, imo. Maybe UT if they beat us again.

Things I'm Fer:
- UK getting underseeded if it means going to Louisville.
- The entire state of Kentucky getting on the same time zone. No reason Louisville should be on Eastern time while towns longitudinally east of them are on Central.
- Hoots and cold ones as the penultimate bribe. . . for anything - even Ivy League admittance.

Things I Believe:
- Virginia is still counterfeit.
- Gonzaga is good enough to win the whole thing.
- UK won't win the whole thing (I just don't have that vibe, but I didn't have that vibe in '98 either so . . . )
- We are one generation away from High School sports being replaced by age specific club sports.

Things I'm a-gin':
- Going to school/work on Opening Round Thursday and Friday.
- Wing sauce on the side. Toss them puppies in sauce like a man.
- Tennessee fans thinking they run Nashville.
- Mowing before April.

There hasn't been a first time national champ since Florida in '06. I don't think it's happening this year either. Sorry Zaga and Virginia. Also, a few things that frighten me more than Virginia in March:

-Greenland's military might
-Stephen Hawking's fastball
-Boat in the post
-The Care Bears Movie
-Osteoporosis

Cavs interviewed Knight about his one NCAA tourney.
9423006-large.jpg

Last 4 in
Last 4 out
Next 4 out
Next 4 out after that
Next 4 out after the last 12 were put in
Last 4 who were way out
Next 4 who would only be in the tourney if it expanded to 96 teams

Mercy. Joe Lunardi's gonna have to work his ass off to come up with some cutesy categorical name for IU's tourney chances this year.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
Are some of you shrinking as you get older??

Swear to god I think so. I'm 5-foot-10, average AF. But two things I've noticed....

- I'm generally taller than most dudes
- I get asked if/told all the time I'm well over 6 foot tall. Not the case.

You f'ers are getting shorter (and many didn't have a lot to give, to be honest).

This question in that Knight interview doesn't sit well with me:

Kentucky had just gotten back on the basketball map the previous season and now you’re facing basketball royalty – North Carolina – to reach the Final Four......?

With the Cowboys just getting back on the map, I wonder why Jason Witten is coming out of the booth and trying to play again ? That does not sit well with me.

Most men who are between 5’8 and 5’10 believe themselves to be 6’, so many of them assume anyone slightly taller than them is a veritable giant

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Most men who are between 5’8 and 5’10 believe themselves to be 6’, so many of them assume anyone slightly taller than them is a veritable giant

Ha! In high school football, we were told to fill out on the roster sheet what our height and weight was, as that would be used for the program and the newspaper.

17-year old Wayne Dougan was a solid 6’0, 195lb linebacker. Only off by two inches and 20 lbs.

We lied every year in high school and middle school on that stuff and I assume everyone else did. Who cares? I’ll guard whoever is in front of me. Although, Radcliffe always had huge dudes that were over 18 and drove their kids to the game and that was middle school. West Hardin boys vs Radcliffe Middle. Only team that could ever take us out of the tournament.

If we go....

Ole Miss
Tennessee
LSU

....then for the first time in gd near forever that’s a truly legit tourney run. SEC ain’t no joke.

It’s a credit to Mack that this shitty Louisville team is in the NCAA Tournament. How is anyone on that team good- including Nwora. I hate his game, all their games.

Quit saying nice things about Louisville. The locals that post here on GYELO are insufferable enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT