ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you are an alum and making donations, your kid isn’t getting into Harvard or even a Vanderbilt if he or she doesn’t have the minimum scores and grades. Felicity Huffman’s daughter is a knucklehead (1050 SAT), so she was going to Cal State Fullerton unless some bribery was going down.

SEC Tournament then: Big crew, posted on Broadway all day/night, honky tonk hopping, mingling w/ the Faithful, watching every game there is, gambling, drinking, eating when necessary at the bar.

SEC Tournament now: Late arrivals, workouts & naps, children, sitting at a table at Rippy's or Tin Roof for 10 hours straight, nights planned around extravagant 20 person/2-3 hour dinners.

RIP

Last edited:
-ive done the ruby's/ruth's chris/morton's et al stuff plenty. Its fine but for the money i *much* prefer a proper fine dining/white tablecloth establishment. I mean i love meat and starch as much as anyone not named dr. bob...but the high end steakhouse bit seems a bit "vegas" to me. Very tasty but played, imo.

I completely agree with all of this. Dudley's > Tony's

I always sound like an idiot when I say I hate going to Tony's or Ruby's all the time, but there is much better stuff out there, especially if red meat isn't your thing.

And hush it up, children. You can do whatever you want at the SEC Tournament. Except you don't go anymore, so you can't have any opinions on it.

SEC Tournament then: Big crew, posted on Broadway all day/night, honky tonk hopping, mingling w/ the Faithful, watching every game there is, gambling, drinking, eating when necessary at the bar.

SEC Tournament now: Late arrivals, workouts & naps, children, sitting at a table at Rippy's or Tin Roof for 10 hours straight, nights planned around extravagant 20 person/2-3 hour dinners.

RIP
We are arriving on Thursday. I will workout before you are ever awake. I don't take naps, especially during the SEC. My kid isn't going. We have always posted up at one spot pre-game and post-game (used to be Jock's and Jill's). Fancy dinner is Thursday. We'll have reservations on Saturday, but not necessarily going.

You are mad about Indy 1st round a couple of years ago and Anth had food poisoning.

Btw, I get the nostalgia -- but Paradise Park was absolutely awful. I worship basically any kind of late night greasy spoon, but they couldn't even get that right...I never had a good experience there. Well, except for the time I made a bet with IU's Kyle Taber (don't even recall what it was), which he actually paid up on through Facebook/Mail the following season.

On a similar note, Hermitage Café isn't much better. :100points:

Loveless tho, :fire::fire::fire:

-"You shoulda done this" vacation guy is one of the worst people on earth.

Last edited:
I can totally see this happening.

bracket_0313.jpg

Not only would UK be matched up with the best (when healthy) 2 seed, but we wouldn't even get the advantage of playing in Louisville.

DO YOUR JOB, MITCH.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
That scenario seems like the most likely to me at this point.

Set up the rematch with Duke, but make sure we don't have home court advantage.

Even if you are an alum and making donations, your kid isn’t getting into Harvard or even a Vanderbilt if he or she doesn’t have the minimum scores and grades.

That’s why you bribe the coach of a non revenue sport to recruit your kid and/or pay someone to take your kid’s SAT for them.

Did you read the articles Wayne?

Learn corruption.

I hate to trigger wcc, but I'm getting a little tired of the Duke circle jerk. Unless Zion is fully back, getting them as your 2-seed may be the best case scenario. They're 3-3 without him in the lineup, including barely beating Wake Forest.

We don't know what will happens when he starts playing again (Coach K says he'll be back tomorrow), but it's certainly not some mortal lock that they're the best #2 right now.

What would it take to bribe the selection committee members to get us the exact path we want? I know there’s a number.

1 seed in Kansas City would us require us winning out AND UNC jumping us, which seems like the least likely scenario.

The Committee is actually under a bit of pressure this year imo. It's far and away the most DEFINED their apparent criteria has ever been, along with introducing their new NET metric.

It would seem they're under the gun a little bit to at least attempt to correlate to their own heavily-advertised criteria moreso than in the past, idk. (Probably not [eyeroll])

-Kansas is #1 in the RPI, btw. :joy: Good riddance to that POS formula.

Not only is dukes entire front court injured, but everyone of their players other than freshmen are awful, they are a bad shooting team, and their upperclassmen center is now out for the season and he’s actually pretty important for them. They have to be the worst “best team” I can remember.

The Travis news about him practicing and looking good is tremendous, hopefully it really will have helped Richards/Montgomery give us 15 solid minutes off the bench in a tourney game.

Some absolutely god awful officiating in this Clemson/NC state game, as well as phenomenaly stupid play by Clemson, good lord blowing an 18 point second half lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT