ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTL probably doesnt need or care about a ratings boost, but contacting Jones *during* his own radio show on a day when traffic was 5X bigger was probably a solid idea by them.

I anticipate a "watch this door" type of UK crowd tuning in to that show.

One thing Louisville fan has perfected is their impression of Dave Chappelle looking for the burden of proof on the jury against R.Kelly.

"If all this is real, why isn't there a video of Montrezl Harrell having sex with a prostitute while she screams "I'm being paid for this sex!", he screams "I officially am committing to Louisville because of this sex!" and Rick Pitino watches and nods approvingly, while handing a check to Katina with "whore money" on the memo line, and they're all throwing up "L" signs? This is literally proof of nothing."

Bobby V didn't see anything mentioning it on the scrolls of ESPN, so actually not a big story nationally. Just some River City gossip, which is disappointing if you had any real hopes.

Bobby V didn't see anything mentioning it on the scrolls of ESPN, so actually not a big story nationally. Just some River City gossip, which is disappointing if you had any real hopes.
Honestly, they're probably worried about finding a way to put something like this on the scrolls without running afoul of the FCC.

My kids are kindergarten and elementary school aged. They're old enough to know which team is UK, which team they're playing, etc. Especially the oldest. So I'm trying to figure out, heaven forbid I was a UL fan raising children as UL fans, what do you tell your kids about what's going on? Not to go all Mrs. Lovejoy but wtf can you say about this? I mean I guess you've got practice if your kids are old enough to have heard the other Pitino news and Petrino mess but still. Ew.

I mean, can you imagine the murderous rage you'd feel if you replaced Matt's mug with Howie/John/Mike/Forde/etc & this thing was on us?

Wow.

Seriously can't see how any UK fan can't have at least some love for Matt Jones, and what he does to that program/fanbase. It's just beautiful.
He needed one of those PTI chalkboard behind him that said TIL INFLATION.

The funniest thing about this all - ok, not THE funniest, but yet another hilarious aspect to this - is the fact that UL players/recruits had to resort to hookers. How awful must the ladies at your school be if your star players and recruits have to resort to hookers to get laid. I'm sure SEC football recruits are getting laid on visits all the time. By smoking hot Chi O's and the like.

Just had lunch with our favorite Congressman. He was generally, but not specifically aware of the UL stuff. I sure enjoyed filling him in on it.

Reactions: catholic_back
Per Charlie Sheen " I didn't pay them to have sex with me, I paid them so they would leave."

I don't think UofL is hurting in the female department. Plenty of smoke on that campus. Some dudes are just addicted to them hoodrats.

Reactions: JustinSphere
The funniest thing about this all - ok, not THE funniest, but yet another hilarious aspect to this - is the fact that UL players/recruits had to resort to hookers.
resorted to hookers - AND STILL FAILED TO LAND MOST OF THEM
(except Montrezzytrezzle)

Bozo:

If there is significant truth to these sordid stories about strippers, sex, players and recruits, I can’t envision how Rick Pitino can – or should – survive.

A coach who micromanages the percentage of body fat of every player was not aware that somebody was allegedly bringing women into the dormitory he built to honor the memory of his late brother-in-law?

A program that promotes itself as focused on the name on the front, not the back, of the jersey was enhancing its recruiting pitch with a tug on a G-string?

Pitino survived and bounced back victoriously from his last scandal in 2010. This one, if true, is a career killer.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Cracks me up whenever Bozich or Crawford writes anything remotely objective about UL, the Card faithful admonishes them with "you've put out some lousy stuff lately" and "I'm disappointed in you!!1! .

It must be hell to be that dense.

Reactions: wcc31
if card fan wants to doubt pitinos knowledge, that's one thing. but mike rutherford seems pretty convinced nothing ever even happened. well, except for a couple of players taking some uncomfortable photos with hookers. which is normal.

Besides that one year everything went wrong and they won the title and some fleeting under-the-radar success in football, what more could UK really ask for in a rival than Louisville? They give us so much.

Mike Rutherford cleared everything up on his cardchronicle post. I'm good.

Louisville first learned about the scandal in late August and immediately contacted the NCAA and launched their own independent investigation. That investigation had been unable to turn up anything that corroborated what was being written in the book.

The university knew that a book which would paint the basketball program in an unfavorable light was going to be written in August, they didn't know exactly what the book was going to allege until it was published late Friday night/early Saturday morning.

I'd love to know how Mike reconciles those two statements.

-------------------------------

-I steamrolled through the book in the early hours of Saturday morning when it first became available online. I went in fearing the absolute worst, and came away feeling relieved that there wasn't anything resembling a concrete, indisputable damning piece of evidence that could be used to hammer U of L basketball. [laughing]

It's pretty obvious that at some point, Powell knew she was going to wind up selling her story, which is why we have pictures of receipts and Andre McGee's car in a hotel parking lot and one of her daughters just posing inside Minardi Hall. My question then is why not snap at least one picture of the players watching the girls strip? Why not snap a quick phone picture of a player in bed with one of the girls? Sure, they might ask you not to do that, but I'm pretty sure you could sneak one in at some point during these "parties." [laughing]

tumblr_nvo02nJDbU1r826uxo7_500.0.jpg

Here's the deal: a pretty girl sends a picture of herself looking especially enticing to an 18-year-old and then asks if he remembers her .... there's a very solid chance that he's going to lie and just say "yes" just to see where this is going. [laughing]

if card fan wants to doubt pitinos knowledge, that's one thing. but mike rutherford seems pretty convinced nothing ever even happened. well, except for a couple of players taking some uncomfortable photos with hookers. which is normal.
Even as the biggest homer in the world... come on. His whole body is in a bunker under the sand. Was the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

AT BEST they had strippers in the dorms on recruiting visits, arranged by McGee and he gave her $300. That's best case.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT