ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a long conversation with a longtime UofL season ticket holder. He's absolutely disgusted by the whole thing. As he said, it doesn't matter if the allegations are true are not...but WTF is a 40 something hooker hanging out in the dorms with a bunch of college/high school kids? Doesn't look good. Forget the cash payments, etc. That's just not acceptable behavior for the team and university. And it can be proven. He wants Pitino to step down and Jurich to move on. HUGE UofL guy.

Was this a conversation you had with the mirror?

Boom, roasted!

Lol. No, he's an old guard guy. Big fan of Crum/Olsen. Pretty much disgusted with what the program has become.

LOL. Those asshats tried to roll Cal and Bledsoe. Karma is a bitch. Was Big Tyme Yerts or Elleraiser involved? Because those douche bags are dragging down humanity.

This really is the MOST UL scandal ever. That's where this program is. We're not really surprised about this stuff.

Some other theoretical stuff.

---------------------------------------

Permitting prostitution: (1) A person is guilty of permitting prostitution when, having possession or control of premises which he knows or has reasonable cause to know are being used for prostitution purposes, he fails to make reasonable and timely effort to halt or abate such use.

Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 529.070 (West)

---------------------------------------

And f*ck it, while we're at it, let's see about Human Trafficking:

(1) A person is guilty of human trafficking when the person intentionally subjects one (1) or more persons to human trafficking.

Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 529.100 (West)

"Human trafficking" refers to criminal activity whereby one (1) or more persons are subjected to engaging in: (a) Forced labor or services; or (b) Commercial sexual activity through the use of force, fraud, or coercion, except that if the trafficked person is under the age of eighteen (18), the commercial sexual activity need not involve force, fraud, or coercion;

--------------------------------------

How about Promoting Human Trafficking?

(1) A person is guilty of promoting human trafficking when the person intentionally:
(a) Benefits financially or receives anything of value from knowing participation in human trafficking;

Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 529.110 (West)

-------------------------------------

529.180 Ignorance of human trafficking minor victim's actual age not a defense

Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 529.180 (West)

-------------------------------------

Use of a Minor in a Sexual Performance, maybe?

(1) A person is guilty of the use of a minor in a sexual performance if he employs, consents to, authorizes or induces a minor to engage in a sexual performance.

Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 531.310 (West)

"Performance" means any play, motion picture, photograph or dance. Performance also means any other visual representation exhibited before an audience;

Reactions: 2blue4u
“How can it be going on for four years, that many people be involved and that many people see what’s going on and Rick Pitino doesn’t know anything about it?” Powell said. “You have players that are very, very loyal to Pitino. And if they thought anything was wrong or anyone was going to get in trouble, I’m pretty sure they would have gone back to report to Pitino. When I would ask Andre, ‘Does Pitino know about this?’ he would laugh and say, ‘Rick knows about everything.'”

Any logical person would be able to see this is true. Then again, she is a whore, so...

So you have a known hookers word vs. a known adulterer who also happened to cover up an abortion and keeps a priest behind his bench to display his catholic faith image. I mean objectively you would have a hard time figuring out who is FOS. Should be a fun ride.

-I actually think Jones took it a little soft on them. I thought with Drew on there he would go balls deep. Not bad though. His little rant early directed right at their integrity was great stuff.

-Do coaches know players do drugs and have sex, absolutely. They know what happens on recruiting visits. Do I think Pitino was in on the scheme to buy skank hookers for recruits. No way. I just don't see that. Young, dumb assistants for sure. More than just McGee. But Pitino? Absolutely not. At least not directly. I'd be shocked if they could tie him directly to it, even if McGee, Blackshear and Blankeney spilled everything.

Now, I do think they certainly created a culture over there that would give the impression they're untouchable and these types of things are what is expected. McGee had to get the indication this type of behavior was overlooked or maybe even encouraged. The amount of people he involved over the timeline... he had to think it was something to benefit the program. By allowing coaches with sexual "issues" to be bigger than the program and prove winning is more important they created this environment.

Probably a case of plausible deniability with Pitino - he knew "things" were happening, but he wanted to be kept in the dark about them.
Probably was a little uncomfortable about the nature of some of the conversations MEGATREZ et al. were having about performance issues, etc.

can't imagine the unspeakable fury that is being expressed at Floyd St over the revelation Mags52 is going to go on an ESPN show this afternoon to help discuss their scandal

sucks when they can't browbeat a media outlet with lines like "you can't do that to US, we will pull your tickets/media access!", huh?

If Louisville homers are reporting that Pitino and Jurich think there is some merit to the accusations, what that really means is:

Oh sweet tiny baby Jebus Christ save us from ourselves we done messed up real bad this time. Small Jebus help us please I don't know who else to ask. Press your tiny angelic finger to my forehead and give me super powers to destroy all evidence we know you'll help in your infinite infant wisdom. Please tell Rick's kids he says hello and thank you for taking care of them. In your name we prey Amen sweet cherubic Jebus

Yeah, it's not something they can really deny. She knows things that you couldn't just fabricate and has enough proof. Now it's just how far down the rabbit hole can they get.

An underrated part of the scandal is the IU component. Not that I don't love when those idiots blame all their troubles on UK/WWW/Calipari, but it's fun seeing them get all worked up over Indiana, too.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Had a burger from Ramsey's last night and my stomach is more torn up than ULs athletic department.

Don't eat at Ramsey's.

:flush:

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Wetzel to Forde made a special podcast today. On itunes. Listening now. Wetzel is faaared up. Forde is playing along.

Ha...

Wetzel: "I don't want to know how you broke this story... I know you have a lot of (**says sarcastically**) "SOURCES" in that city."

Forde is talking about the banner coming down. He certainly isn't playing the part of company man. Maybe he's tired of being used. Listen up.

Reactions: WettCat
Wetzel to Forde made a special podcast today. On itunes. Listening now. Wetzel is faaared up. Forde is playing along.

Ha...

Wetzel: "I don't want to know how you broke this story... I know you have a lot of (**says sarcastically**) "SOURCES" in that city."

Forde is talking about the banner coming down. He certainly isn't playing the part of company man. Maybe he's tired of being used. Listen up.
We all assume that Forde knew about this thing for a while and was sitting on it, but what if he wasn't? The way Matt used kid gloves on him today makes me wonder. If UL was sitting on this bombshell (and it's pretty clear they knew something was up in August) and Forde was kept out of the loop, I'm betting he's not too happy.

I just think he's probably tired of being tied to that place. He's out fighting Cal and fighting the good fight and they just keep throwing him under the bus.

Wetzel says no way they fire Rick and Forde says he's not convinced at all that Pitino will be back.

Interesting that on his own show he's putting distance b/w himself and them. Very telling.

Forde, huh. How about that? It appears no "reputable" professional wants to hitch their trailer to UL's wagon.

Boys, I can't believe it, but the gas has been doused on Floyd St. and the matches are lit. Sure sounds like some are trying to save themselves while they can.

At any other school, Pitino would be fired and Jurich's job would at least be up in the air. Is this disputable? The fact that we all assume that nothing will happen to either of them says about all you need to know about that place.

If you are a professional in the business why *wouldnt* you distance yourself from UL at this point? That place is c r a w l i n g with sexual misconduct, financial corruption and has an overall misogynstic aura. We live in the most policitically correct society of all time and ever. Get as far away from that shithole as possible, guys. It's for the best.

I mean, really, the BEST case scenario for UL is that they:

- kept a coach who made sweet sweet love on an Italian restaurant table top
- re-hired a coach who previously made ridiculous attempts to leave them, and took him back after he got fired for putting his side piece on the company dime, then his motor cycle, then lying about it
- has 40 year old hookers and their kids running around the basketball dorm

That's all the stuff that's been shown. Not rumors, not innuendo, not insider scoop. That's out there.

Really can't believe what I am hearing but Valvano laying it on right now...ESPN 680.

Although he is crying his eyes out about MAGS going on Outside The Lines.

In fairness, it is a little weird that they asked Jones, not that it's not hilarious that he's going on there, but he did not break the story, is not a traditional journalist who covers that program and in fact is a fan journalist for Louisville's biggest rival. That's more Finebaum than OTL to have Jones on to discuss this.

montrezl-harrell.png

^agree. I'd be livid if I was a UL fan. No idea why in the hell they picked him but I don't really care. He may really consider bunking down in this city for a month or so.

In fairness, it is a little weird that they asked Jones, not that it's not hilarious that he's going on there, but he did not break the story, is not a traditional journalist who covers that program and in fact is a fan journalist for Louisville's biggest rival. That's more Finebaum than OTL to have Jones on to discuss this.
Well, they're not gonna put Forde on (ex-ESPN guy), or Crawford (boring), or Billy Reed (drunk), so the options are kind of limited. Jones is interesting, he's been on there before, and he has an audience keenly interested in this story, so it makes sense that they'd ask him. Also makes me wonder if someone like Bozich said, "thanks but no thanks."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT