ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this as sincerely as possible- F off, PTI

Do you just cut and paste the exact same post every year about how the selection committee screwed us over and gave us the hardest bracket in NCAA history, or do you make small edits to it each season?

Reactions: Col. Angus
PTI’s cut-and-paste posts about:
  • Charge calls
  • Investments
  • Community college
Are significantly less interesting than the NCAA tournament posts that WCC writes.

Nothing says little brother like getting behind a womens basketball team that has never won anything substantial and is $4 million in the red annually for the athletic department.

WoZ8yv4.jpg

Talking about potential draws is still fun and shouldn't be censored on here, but I'm not going to get totally worked up over it after we got spoon fed a path to the Final Four last year with the waters parting and opening a hole large enough for me to walk through, only to vomit diarrhea all over the place against Kansas State. Heck, that might be the reason why they had such a bad game that night.

This isn't a '17 situation where anybody who watched college hoops the last 6 weeks of the season knew who the 2 best teams were going into the dance and they happened to be paired in the same region. Everybody has red flags this time. Let's get Travis back, beat the guys in front of us, do it again, then keep doing it until it's happened 6 times.

One amendment: A road game would get me a little miffed. Like if they got sent to Kansas City as a 1 seed and Kansas was waiting for them as the 4.

Last edited:
PTI is right, the most important day of the most important sport of the team this website is built around will all work itself out in the end and isn't worth discussing.

The most important day of the season is the one on which you play your final game.

It’s fine if you want to hand wring about winning the Hot Stove League, or getting a high grade on your NFL Draft, but I’m not overly emotional about hypothetical games.

Remember our “Bracket of Death” last year?

:rolleyes:

-Poor BRax. Robert Kraft level embarrassment with the release of those pictures. All that smack talk and the dude throws like a girl.

-:rolleyes: @ PTI(pti).

-Gotta win Saturday. Lock down that Columbus -> Louisville path, please. Selfishly it really helps me out.

-On a workout tear, which is a good thing as my diet is still pretty trash, and I'll be drinking beer/eating bar food the next few weekends.

-Spring forward :raised_hands:, my time is finally hear. All you winter idiots can get f*cked. Long and hot days will be here soon enough.

-Give Nashville SECT grief for being so expensive but still get antsy as hell when it's week of. Weather looks wodie for honky tonking and drinking draft beer. Plus, finally a formidable opponent to make it intersting if only for 1 year.

-I'm sure it's my age but "drip" is nails on a chalkboard.

Spring forward may be great once everybody is adjusted, but the collective attitude of the wife and kids this morning in the Dougan household was not pleasant. Let's all come together to Make America Great Again this year by ending standard time once and for all.

TRIGGER WARNING!!!
<-----POLITICAL THREAD!!!

Actually, agree 100%. My boy Marco Rubio has introduced the bill, let's hope it passes.

Reactions: anthonys735
Bc he was great the first half of the year, and has been Andre Riddick since. Dude almost hits the backboard on his misses, needs to slow it down up there.

At least he's attacking/driving and not settling for being a jumpshooter.

Same for Hagans, btw -- dude was relentless Saturday which is great to see. That said, he's the worst finishing 5* PG we've had here by a long shot. Dude just doesn't go up like he WANTS to make it, always making himself small, wary of contact, and no touch whatsoever when he's bumped.

-yep. Tried to offset with earlier "bedtimes" Saturday and Sunday. Didn't work.

-3 weeks til spring break. I'm a grinder...but this is needed. Maybe im just getting old.

You business travelers hopping on any of these new Boeing 737 MAX planes? :eyes:

Benefit of flying out of Louisville is that you're mostly in those E-75's or 20-year old MD-90's (unless flying Southwest), both of which are more comfortable and offer wider seats.

That said, yeah, it would give me pause. However, the fact that this happened in Ethiopia and Indonesia makes me wonder a little. There is apparently a procedure to resolve this issue if it occurs. But the pilot has to do the procedure.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Same for Hagans, btw -- dude was relentless Saturday which is great to see. That said, he's the worst finishing 5* PG we've had here by a long shot. Dude just doesn't go up like he WANTS to make it, always making himself small, wary of contact, and no touch whatsoever when he's bumped.
Not just him,we blow more bunnies, layups, and fast breaks than any Cal team I remember. 10 and 12 were automatic on the break.

But yeah, they seem to have gotten the "attack the rim" suggestion.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Thought Quickley had a really nice game despite going 0-3 from the field. All three of those shots were halfway down, btw...he seems to be playing with some nice confidence & is nails (and hilarious) at the line.
Could see him breaking out in one of these March games. Just seems like his time is coming. Regardless, he seems to have a calming influence, does a ton of the little things, plays good D and has earned 6th man status. Can easily play 1-3 when one of those guys are inevitably having a bad night.

Reactions: 911guy and wcc31
Thought Quickley had a really nice game despite going 0-3 from the field. All three of those shots were halfway down, btw...he seems to be playing with some nice confidence & is nails (and hilarious) at the line.
Agreed, and Saturday wasn't the only one like that. Lots of non-box score stuff. He's going to have a big one sooner rather than later, wait and see.

Herro and Quickley are the best 1-2 punch we will ever have to close out games from the FT line.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Hagans isn’t bad at the line. Not sure what’s going on with Johnson and Washington.

I love Keldon but he’s so emotional.

I think Hagans over-penetrates. Bigs wait on him at the rim, help defenders play him to pass and not shoot. He would average 6 more points a game if he learned that little mid-range floater, because he gets by his guy regularly...and then it’s about 50/50 that something good actually happens.

* Took the oldest to the game Saturday for our annual trip to Lex. First half crowd was bleh, which was to be expected given the performance. That said, I had no problem with Ravi calling the fans out. He was right.

* Loudest reaction of the game was either Tayshaun as the "Y" or when they showed Josh Allen.

* Echo BKH. I don't like the fact that we only took 7 (SEVEN) three point shots in that game. Second game in a row where we were in single digits in three point attempts. It's 2019, John. As a reminder, we took FIVE three pointers in the 2015 loss to Wisconsin, only one or two in the first half of the 2016 loss to IU, 12 in the KSU game last year, and now we're slowing down again. These dudes can shoot. Let 'em.

* Latest from Joey Brackets has us as the 1 in Louisville with Duke as the 2. Still a lot to be played out this week, though.

* Maria Montgomery is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT