ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the purpose of the book from the publisher's standpoint was basically to put all these allegations out there for public consumption. I do think that there is a pro-Indiana agenda motivating this. The book sucks because they had to make a shit ton of concessions to this woman to get the rights to publish it. That's probably why there's so many awful direct quotes in there from her journals. Her purpose for the book was as much to tell "her story" as hurt UofL, which led to the publishers having to placate her to get the info out. So you end up with a shitty finished product, with lots of damning information.

I think the purpose of the book from the publisher's standpoint was basically to put all these allegations out there for public consumption. I do think that there is a pro-Indiana agenda motivating this. The book sucks because they had to make a shit ton of concessions to this woman to get the rights to publish it. That's probably why there's so many awful direct quotes in there from her journals. Her purpose for the book was as much to tell "her story" as hurt UofL, which led to the publishers having to placate her to get the info out. So you end up with a shitty finished product, with lots of damning information.

Pretty much.

My question is this: despite all her illusions of grandeur, the book is clear that UL only occasionally used her services.

Were there other mistresses doing the same? Did she get pissed because someone else took her territory and she got pushed out?

Because I hope so and I hope every single one of them gets a notion of a payday.

That's why I said arguably. Obviously Fornette is top dog right now and Elliot is badass but Chubb is in some pretty historic territory. Please act like Chubb isn't a badass and that's why your little bitch boy always finds a way to coke away his chance.

Btw, "illusion" is the exact word I meant because Powell was trying to create an image of being the main madame in charge of UL's recruiting orgies and she seems smart enough to know that she might not have been.

Had she created a "delusion", she might not have gotten pissy enough to write a tell-all book.

Reactions: maverick1
Is it just me or is the general theme & tone of media in Louisville all ... " Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's pump the breaks here. There's a ton of holes in her stories and so far not one witness has stepped up."

Unreal. You'd think they'd actually do some INVESTIGATING.

You'd think they'd actually do some INVESTIGATING.

No. You wouldn't.

TOMMA JURCH is kiboshing this and (probably) funneling everything through Forde to spin the story. The locals will have crocodile tears and say nothing can be confirmed but BOY HOWDY I hope it ain't true.

Those guys know how to bury a scandal.

Last night would have been worse than any UK football loss 99% of us have ever witnessed. All the momentum Stoops had built from day 1 would have been gone because a school, not even a little brother school, more like a little nephew of UK came into our house and we were 1 play away from losing to them by TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

The ONLY positives last night were we won, and CJ.F. Johnson. end of list.

I will say this, so far this is far and away my most enjoyable season of watching UK Football, not just for our wins, but the whole experience has been borderline surreal for me. I'm sure the media honks view it more as a job than joy, but man they don't have a clue how good they have it.

Every weekend has been an absolute blast for me and the pay is less than peanuts, barely gas money honestly, but it's been four of the most fun sports days I have ever had.

• roll into Commonwealth about 5-6 hours before the game
  • Park, walk the 1.5 miles to stadium with my headphones on and just checking out the tailgates and fraternities and sororities partying
  • Tailgate with friends till the Catwalk
  • Catwalk to get into the atmosphere and see everyone excited
  • Head up to the box, eat dinner with the media folks who are actually social (Jones, Drummond, Bromley, Lorenzen, Nick Roush, Oscar, Mikey Cameron, and a few admin folks)
  • watch the 3:30 games wrap up and chat about them with the same folks
  • Watch the game in a climate controlled area with your own desk area, plug ins galore, Food, drinks, coffee, popcorn, and ice cream. all carte blanche
  • head down to the field with 5 minutes left to watch the ending, again, zero restrictions, i could friggin go sit on the bench if I wanted, pretty crazy.
  • Wildcat Den for Stoops presser and player interviews, there seems to be an unwritten hierarchy for who asks questions and I don't think they (the print socio/psychopaths anyway) liked me getting my two cents in to Stoops last week.
  • Make the walk back to the car, again with headphones on for the post game show and checking out the partying going on and just honestly being with my own thoughts for about 20 minutes
  • Stop in Berea for red bull and a five hour energy plus at Mario's Pizza for a Grizzly for the wife and me and eat on all day Sunday.

For me, it's honestly the perfect sports Saturday and any of the full-on media members who bitch about any aspect of it need a reality check.

Last night would have been worse than any UK football loss 99% of us have ever witnessed. All the momentum Stoops had built from day 1 would have been gone because a school, not even a little brother school, more like a little nephew of UK came into our house and we were 1 play away from losing to them by TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

The ONLY positives last night were we won, and CJ.F. Johnson. end of list.

I will say this, so far this is far and away my most enjoyable season of watching UK Football, not just for our wins, but the whole experience has been borderline surreal for me. I'm sure the media honks view it more as a job than joy, but man they don't have a clue how good they have it.

Every weekend has been an absolute blast for me and the pay is less than peanuts, barely gas money honestly, but it's been four of the most fun sports days I have ever had.

• roll into Commonwealth about 5-6 hours before the game
  • Park, walk the 1.5 miles to stadium with my headphones on and just checking out the tailgates and fraternities and sororities partying
  • Tailgate with friends till the Catwalk
  • Catwalk to get into the atmosphere and see everyone excited
  • Head up to the box, eat dinner with the media folks who are actually social (Jones, Drummond, Bromley, Lorenzen, Nick Roush, Oscar, Mikey Cameron, and a few admin folks)
  • watch the 3:30 games wrap up and chat about them with the same folks
  • Watch the game in a climate controlled area with your own desk area, plug ins galore, Food, drinks, coffee, popcorn, and ice cream. all carte blanche
  • head down to the field with 5 minutes left to watch the ending, again, zero restrictions, i could friggin go sit on the bench if I wanted, pretty crazy.
  • Wildcat Den for Stoops presser and player interviews, there seems to be an unwritten hierarchy for who asks questions and I don't think they (the print socio/psychopaths anyway) liked me getting my two cents in to Stoops last week.
  • Make the walk back to the car, again with headphones on for the post game show and checking out the partying going on and just honestly being with my own thoughts for about 20 minutes
  • Stop in Berea for red bull and a five hour energy plus at Mario's Pizza for a Grizzly for the wife and me and eat on all day Sunday.

For me, it's honestly the perfect sports Saturday and any of
Per AP style guide, you should write the word for numbers one through nine (don't use numerals).

Reactions: K-GAR
I guess if you want to tell me how bad nick chubb is... have at it. I'd love to hear that. While you're pulling that out of your ass you can tell me why you love Mark so much.

PTI's next post -> Fornette is better!!!! (Which has nothing to do with UGA being stupid talented and blowing an opportunity yet again like they have done consistently for the last decade+.)

Georgia football and Kansas basketball have a lot of parallels, IMO. Every year Georgia is probably one of the five most talented teams in the country, or close. Ditto Kansas. As Jon Rothstein would say, there's a palpable buzz surrounding both teams every year. And things always go really well for both programs...until a big game.

With Georgia, it's Bama. Or Florida. Or South Carolina. With Kansas, it's the tournament. And here lately, they haven't gotten close. Georgia made the BCS twice. Kansas has gotten past the sweet 16 once since their 2008 title.

And then historically, Kansas's 3 titles trumps the one Georgia has, but you'd suspect that each team has more championships.

I know there are a lot of Georgia fans who take Anth's position on Mark Richt. There are probably Kansas fans who feel the same way about Bill Self too. I don't feel as strongly about Richt as Anth does, but I *get* it.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
i "get" why georgia fans are pissed, too. but this idea is "only" winning 9 or 10 games and finishing in the top 10-15 every year isn't good enough is complete nonsense. there are much better coaches in the country that could get them to the promise land.....but they could also end up like tennessee.

No way.

Kansas has a title and a couple final fours in the past decade. One of the 4 best programs in history. UGA has as many BCS games as UL with FAR superior talent and coaches that are pretty upfront about being scumbags.

Never made a BCSCG, over the past 12 years they have recruited better than anyone. Anyone during that time. Routinely owned by Florida. I'm not sure there's a comparison in basketball... maybe Mack Brown when he was at UT. What a helpless feeling for UGA.

kansas is also a much better program than uga. and uga fans like anth don't understand that. they completely forget that they have ONE national championship. the typical bulldog bro fan dbag insists they're a dynasty, when they are anything but.

mark richt has actually done a damn fine job of performing in a manner very much in line with their programs history. underperformed? probably, but that's the bulldog way.

i "get" why georgia fans are pissed, too. but this idea is "only" winning 9 or 10 games and finishing in the top 10-15 every year isn't good enough is complete nonsense. there are much better coaches in the country that could get them to the promise land.....but they could also end up like tennessee.
Meh. They have a much better recruiting situation than UT. They could botch the hire but they also might find someone that can take that talent and actually get to the promised land.

with the recent struggles of teams like florida, tennessee, and texas, it's amazing to me that a historically underachieving program like georgia can think they're too good to go 10-3 and finish #9 in the country. amazing.

kansas is also a much better program than uga. and uga fans like anth don't understand that. they completely forget that they have ONE national championship. the typical bulldog bro fan dbag insists they're a dynasty, when they are anything but.

mark richt has actually done a damn fine job of performing in a manner very much in line with their programs history. underperformed? probably, but that's the bulldog way.
Yeah and it would get old knowing you have the talent and not the coach. They've had title worthy talent every year. I started disliking him because he was a hypocrite but I hate him because PTI is his biggest apologist. If you want to side with Richt, he'll let you down more often than not. This is proven.

Georgia is like Georgetown. They share a lot of the same letters and the mascots look similar. Also they both always lose at sports despite having all the resources to not lose

Reactions: Hankshaker
jerry_glanville3+-+PSU.jpg

You sonsabitches.

I still don't understand what UGA's history has to do with the criticism of Richt. OK, their fans think they are more historically relevant than they are and realistically this is as good as they have ever been. Sure. But at some point, when you have literally the 2nd or 3rd most talent in the country over the course of an entire decade you have to turn that into something more than two Sugar Bowl victories.

It's called being a victim of your own success. After a while, you have to do better than your average, even if that average was better than what came before you

From CFBmatrix.com

TALENT:

he Bulldogs are sixth in talent in 2014.They recruited the No. 9 class in the country for 2014 and keep rolling along with top 10 classes. They are one of the few programs that recruits at an elite level to not break through to a national title game appearance. Their average class over the last 10 years is No. 8 and that says playoff contender. Every winner and loser of the national title game since 2005 has been ranked in my top 16. Georgia has been in my top 10 every year. While they lose their longtime QB, I am not concerned. There are plenty of examples of teams that have done great things with first- year starting quarterbacks. They get back 66 percent of their offensive production and return 10 guys on defense and 88 percent of their key defensive production stats.

COACHING:
To win a national title, you need the coaching element in addition to talent. My concern with coach Mark Richt is the percentage of games he wins when picked to win. Coach Effect measures doing more with less, and it is hard for a recruiter like Georgia to have a positive Coach Effect. Richt has lost an average of 1.33 games that he was expected to win per season.

Most of these losses have been in Athens. His national ranking in Coach Effect is 41st, 11th in the SEC. His Coach Result is ranked seventh in the SEC, due to his results when picked to win. With a 76 percent win rate the last six years, this is seven points under the conference average.

yes, transy, he has underperformed by his own high recruiting standards. my issue is with dbag uga fans who think 10-3 and a top 10-15 finish is beneath them, when that's actually very successful, historically. don't look a gift horse in the mouth, atkot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT