ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the first time in my life, im literally glued to the political scene as it directly impacts my job. a bill is sitting on obamas desk right now for consideration that will determine how we do business in 2016, and we've essentially shut down until that is decided..
I think we maybe taking our talents to your people this year b/c the industry is straight f*cked up. I hope you're involved with our coverage and I get the opportunity to drive you insane.

Starts today:
rsz_k_2013_spring_meet_057_.jpg

Fall%20Starting%20Gate_lr.jpg

Reactions: drxman1
Get ready for an OLD BASTARD take...

Hate to say it, but I've come around to BBdK's side on Keeneland. I still love it, but it's not a must for me anymore. The problem is- for an out-of-towner, it's a 24-hour commitment. And on the usual day- Saturday- it's so damned crowded. I'm more of a BUS guy now. If I can find a bus trip, I'd be more likely to roll down. Maybe a Friday.

Trying to get my boy to partake in some of the better 80s movies, but it's like pulling teeth. Suggested Stand By Me tonight, but I'm not holding my breath even though that should be right in his wheelhouse at 12. He got about half way through Ferris Bueller before he lost interest.

Saddle Club has a bus trip FYI.

Was enjoying some froyo next door with my kids when it rolled up afterwards. Kids learned some things that day...

-I had your Gabriel take but 24 hours ago.

-Been saying for several years that Friday is the only play for Keeneland. Saturday's are miserable, even in the club. Plenty of sun dresses, everyone in a good mood b/c it's Friday, no lines. You basically have to drag me there on Saturdays now. I think we're going Friday after Auburn.

-Props to the Oregon peeps for not mentioning the killers name. This one is kind of strange and maybe it's a good thing. The news and country just seemed to move right on. I'm watching twitter and only a small portion was talking about it. Certainly not the same coverage that we've seen in some of the others. IMO, that's how you solve this. Stop promoting these people. I hate censorship but an understanding with media and government to basically erase these people from existence, IMO, is the only way.

My Keeneland take is for out-of-towners only. If I was a Lexingtonian, I'd still go at least twice a meet.

Last time I was there he took me out back to show me the secret little spot between some wall & a dumpster where he took his chicks to wax.

Quite possibly the most depressing bar I've ever seen.

The few times I have been to Keeneland in the past five years have been random weekdays with Matt blowing off work and on those days we spent 90% of our day at the Thoroughbred Club avoiding the crowd.

It's pretty amazing...I've been a few times with him during THE DAY. We had to go on the "down low" b/c he was actually BANNED from that bar, and that bar only, by his girl at the time.

We usually do a bus trip to Keeneland once per year. The beauty is not having to worry about driving and parking.

Friday is the best day at Keeneland, IMO. Very good crowd without ridiculous lines.

The outdoor area at the Thoroughbred Club makes me not even want to leave & head to the actual track. Multiple bars, covered patio, grill, betting windows.

Sunday is our day to go to the track. It's a good kid's day. Drink a few beers. Hope my 6 year old picks a winner or two. Just have some good clean family fun. Plenty of people but not overly crowded. A+ for families.

Reactions: B Rax
Anyone ever eat at the track kitchen?

ONE OF LEXINGTON'S BEST-KEPT DINING SECRETS
The Keeneland Track Kitchen is the highlight of a morning here. You don't have to be a horseman to enjoy the food at the track kitchen, but you might end up sitting near a famous jockey, trainer or owner when you do.

The Track Kitchen is:

• Open year-round, except major holidays.
  • Located in the barn area. Follow signage or look for the black water tower. The Track Kitchen is located nearby.
  • Opens daily at 6 a.m.
  • Open until 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • Closes at 11 a.m., Saturday and Sunday.
  • Open for lunch during racing and sales.

Been to Bama 3 times for games. Ttown is by far my favorite SEC roadie. Think we play them next year down there.

Based on convos I've had down there their older die hards view us as the their heir apparent in bball. They also respect that The Bear coached at UK.

Brendans is excellent. Food is outstanding and they've done a great job with the space. Been twice and loved it both times.

They have live music that begins around 9:00 I believe.

Anyone ever eat at the track kitchen?

ONE OF LEXINGTON'S BEST-KEPT DINING SECRETS
The Keeneland Track Kitchen is the highlight of a morning here. You don't have to be a horseman to enjoy the food at the track kitchen, but you might end up sitting near a famous jockey, trainer or owner when you do.

The Track Kitchen is:

• Open year-round, except major holidays.
  • Located in the barn area. Follow signage or look for the black water tower. The Track Kitchen is located nearby.
  • Opens daily at 6 a.m.
  • Open until 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • Closes at 11 a.m., Saturday and Sunday.
  • Open for lunch during racing and sales.

Good, well priced southern breakfast/comfort food.

It's repulsive how terrible the two candidates are for governor. Not shocking though that nobody worth a shit wants any part of politics anymore.
You'd have to be insane to run for office. Why on earth put yourself through that? I mean you ran for Mayor of Prospect, fricking prospect, and they went smear campaign. Ridiculous.

My Bama love has shifted more towards LSU. Love that place and Miles. Also, Bama fan does not get us, they look down on us playing a club sport of no importance. TS.

My SEC rooting interest has to do with 1. GAMBOL and 2. who I'm rooting against. UGA, UT, USC, Florida, Miss St, Ark, Mizzou and Vandy. I always cheer against in that order.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Tuscaloosa looks completely different now than it did the last time we went down there. There are like stores to shop at and hotels and things there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT