ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Radiohead guy, obviously.

At my in-laws, I overheard the neighbors playing a symphonic cover of “Exit Music (For a Film)” on their pool deck - which I pretty pompously called out, to the delight of NO-ONE.

“Stop this toddler birthday party, idiots. Get a load of my deep Radiohead melody quick recall abilities: ‘What is an orchestral cover of Exit Music (For a Film) as featured in Baz Lurhmann’s Romeo + Juliet?’...Nobody?... OK. Carry on.”

I took the new (at the time) Kid A album to Egypt when I lived there for three months. You’d have thought I showed those people an alien when they heard it.

When I was in Bali in September, they were still hyping the PS2.

I went clubbing one night in one of their downtown areas, and pretty sure they just discovered mid-2000's rap.

Rapping Gold Digger in the middle of the dance floor while a bunch of native Indonesians looked on in horror/interest is definitely a life highlight for me.

I don't understand white guys of a certain age being totally unfamiliar with Radiohead. It's one thing not to like them, but another not to be aware of them. Maybe it's an age thing as I see so many on here being only familiar with country. I'm 46 and I grew up in Louisville. I don't recall any kids listening to country music. It was just rock music, or a few kids that liked emerging hip hop in the late 80's.

-7 years since the first Gyero Olympics

-'73 with a state title on the line tonight.

-Oldest qualified for the AAU Junior Olympic Track. It took us a while to figure out what he was competitive in. Sprinting is not a white kids game. High jump and javelin are more suited to white kids.

-Got a little $500 award from work on a project I had been working on. Thinking about putting it in a mutual fund apple air pods. Are they worth it Joey?

-We are just 2 weeks away from watching basketball at night in August.

-Nice little talk with Llama yesterday

I went to a Radiohead concert back in 2003 but have no idea where it was, it was around the time OK Computer came out, which at the time was one of my all time favorite albums. It was when I was at UK and me and a couple buddies and some girls went up and we were all super pumped. My buddy told me to take a couple pills he had that would make the lights and concert much better so me being a dumbass I immediately took them with beer, I woke up the next morning and my entire face was green and I felt like my internal organs were shutting down, came to find out they were pills he stole from his mom who was dying of cancer. So ya, good times!! Make sure and avoid that and you should have a better time than I did.

iu

lol

If you asked me about Radiohead, that's pretty much word for word what I'd say about them.

"yeah, aren't they the most critically acclaimed band of our generation?"

And yet I still have no clue who they are, or what they sing.

I let a friend talk me into going to a 311 concert once.

Lots of cargo shorts and hemp necklaces. That one group “Iiiiiiii just want to fly” was there.

Better than Radiohead.

Reactions: Mashburned
I still wear my inaugural GYEROlympics t-shirt... It's held up well.

Thanks for agreeing to 86 the condoms on the graphic design, Willy.

Those were a GYERO joke. I didn't really think Joey the Bonz was going to proudly present them at a BTBC meeting to Jackie and other respectable peeps.

Unreal, really.

Now run along and see if you can't help Booker get another $500.

Reactions: UKRob 73
Has the GYERO Police put out their Lip Synch Challenge video yet??

TKE, Darrell, Babs, rainman, Keith, ukfanincincinnati, kybobcat -- maybe they can do a Taylor Swift number. That would be sooooo cute.

Radiohead is one of the better Rockabye Baby albums.

Led Zeppelin Rockabye Baby has to be the best. U2 and Coldplay close behind.

* wcc, you should walk down to Wooden Cask Brewery tomorrow for dinner and trivia night. My boy will be slinging his gourmet dogs again.

The Thrill (all beef dog, homemade craft beer Korean BBQ sauce, pickled onion, asian slaw and fried wontons) is my fav.

* Am I too greedy in wanting at least 2 out of Whitney, Allen, Brooks and McDaniel?

* FYI, I actually like that geesefeeder guy. TBH, from what I hear from my Japanese friends, he deserves at least $250 of Booker's air bud bonus.

* BASEMENT UPDATE: It still isn't done. The drywall finisher is slow and has the work ethic of a Beaver Dam lawyer. I get the feeling the contractor is about to fire his ass.

* Finally watching the NETFLIX only seasons of Longmire. Man, I love that show.

* Carry on.

* FYI, I actually like that geesefeeder guy. TBH, from what I hear from my Japanese friends, he deserves at least $250 of Booker's air bud bonus.

The bastard has already come to my desk with his hand out.

* BASEMENT UPDATE: It still isn't done. The drywall finisher is slow and has the work ethic of a Beaver Dam lawyer. I get the feeling the contractor is about to fire his ass.

My drywallers took 3 days total. Hand, mud, sand, done.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Reading John Grisham’s “The innocent Man”, his only nonfiction book as far as I know. A must read if you’re into Serial and Making A Murder.

An absolute gut wrenching level of incompetence and corruption, and I’m only halfway finished with the book. Makes season one of Serial look like the mildest form of harmless error.

I got a nice little $350 bonus yesterday from when my son fell off a log at the jessamine gorge and split his melon open. Insurance rules.

Bookers drywall guy also flies in on a damn helicopter for estimates. Dude is on a different level. Speaking of drywall, Rudd - if you do twitter please slide into my DM’s.

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT