ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Perhaps my biggest flaw, I'm guilty in the 1st degree of enjoying musicians posthumously. My latest is with Tom Petty. I always felt his music was just fine, but now I throw him on a few times a week. I really can't explain it but perhaps I get more sentimental, thus enjoy the music more. Dbag move though, for sure.

-Been 85 degrees in our bedroom for about a week. I wish I could say that you acclimate, but you don't. At all. Awful, awful sleep.

-Chicken fajitas last night off the BGE. Direct heat for the chicken with a half moon griddle for the peppers and onions. Solid.

-My 92 year old grandmother who owned/operated the bar in Germantown for 50 years came over. Still on the domesto train, enjoyed a handful of silver bullets with dinner. Remarkable, really. I mean, cold domestics have arguably been the linchpin of her life.

-Charleston/IOP next Friday for the 4th. Ready to get back. Need to pick up some Gamecock swag for the little one.

-There's virtually no enthusiasm for Kentucky Football right now. I both understand and really question that considering all that we have coming back. Oh well.

I mean, drug dealers on the team and an unsympathetic locker room for our gay punter...where he didn’t feel he could live out loud.

Why not.

-If Kentucky either A)Beats Florida, or B)Wins the bowl game, it's a whole different vibe. Either of those two results being different would have caused a total outlook change. For most programs, the difference between 7 wins and 8 wins is negligible. But for Kentucky, breaking through that seven-win ceiling for the first time would've made all the difference in the world.

-Ten out-of-state relatives staying at our house this weekend for my folks' surprise 50th celebration. As they enjoy imbibing, and yet we are a dry house, any recs for solid local products? A bourbon, of course, and maybe a summer shandy, since we know that's one of their preferences? IT'S ALL GREEK TO US lolz

-Fascinated by tonight's draft. Good thing I get to spend the evening cleaning for company instead! Will, of course, by "muting" Woj from my Twitter feed for a few hours. Prefer the on-screen drama.

-Already thinking about our 20th next summer. Overseas might be too much to ask with two younguns at home, but a Canadian Rockies voyage sounds intriguing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
-Officially over 7 Nation Army. Jesus, every sports team in the world does it now.

-The domestos train is the thing to happen to GYERO in a few years. Happy for the local guys making a living doing what they love but sorry guys gimme a banquette.

-Something you winter noobs can't defend. Summer has watermelon and caprese salads. Really all fresh fruit and veggies are just primo.

-Not a fan of the creepy search feature on here these days. Selective mis-remembering is a staple of this place.

Reactions: roguemocha
A dozen or so people staying at your house? My recommendation for booze is -> tell them to get a f*cking hotel and buy their own.

Edited for accuracy. It's actually ten....six adults, four kids. But they're easy. No big deal. Laid-back, fun, sports fans, don't make a mess, etc.

- Woodford is a solid, simple bourbon choice.

- Always wanted to visit Montreal.

- SAE is going to keep the ironic minor league soccerball schtick going until he eventually realizes he’s become a full fledged purplehead.

- lol at Anth telling people to “get a hotel” of all people. You ran a weekend bed and breakfast for 12 years.

Last edited:
-
-Something you winter noobs can't defend. Summer has watermelon and caprese salads. Really all fresh fruit and veggies are just primo.

Peaches, man. Lassie brought home some from Costco and they were just unreal. That fruit at it's best is the closest thing to a natural dessert, imo.

That Georgia Peach truck is going to be in town this weekend, btw. A little pricey, and minimum is a half-bushel, but perfect if you can find a few people to split.

https://thepeachtruck.com/

-Yeah, the only thing keeping me a physically-attending UK Football fan is my bed at Casa de Schem. As soon as that's over, so is BBdK in Lexington.

He did. Sucker better be pimped TF out, too. I put in $10 to $20 EVERY week. :sunglasses:

I love it, just not enough to shell out $200 per weekend for a hotel/etc, in addition to tickets, gas, booze, food, and the annoyance of spending seemingly every weekend in the Fall away from home. Oh, and the ever-worsening hangover.

Blessed w/ friends in the ultimate cozy & convenient location. If not for that, it would obviously be completely different...1 or 2 games per year type deal for me, and will probably eventually get to that anyways.

2-3 friends crashing on a couch after a tailgate is a bit different than 2 families crashing in your house for a few days. Most of the vagrants are out of the house by 7-8a on Sunday these days.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
WCC, went to Montreal a couple years ago for a long weekend. Very cool, historic feeling city with lots of French influence. If you stay in a central spot, it’s really walkable. Food was outstanding, people were very friendly, and lots of boutique shopping for the lass. Took an ice wine tour as well—it’s not my thing but gave us some really cool views outside the city. Doubt you need to spend more than a couple days there to take it in, but it’s worth a visit.

KL - Went to SF for our 10th (15 years ago). If you've never been (which we had not), it's a great place to visit for a long weekend away from the kids.

Edit: maybe not as much these days with needle and feces farms all over downtown, as reported.

Reactions: drxman1
I would like to thank Chad, my best GYERO friend, for actually offering a semblance of a suggestion.

No thanks to the rest of you, especially Polly B, for the lack of help.

Century....we did SF last summer with the kids as part of a two-week trip down the Cali coast. Unbelievable trip. Will definitely visit again in the future, maybe start in SF and go north next time.

Reactions: Century Cat
WCC, went to Montreal a couple years ago for a long weekend. Very cool, historic feeling city with lots of French influence. If you stay in a central spot, it’s really walkable. Food was outstanding, people were very friendly, and lots of boutique shopping for the lass. Took an ice wine tour as well—it’s not my thing but gave us some really cool views outside the city. Doubt you need to spend more than a couple days there to take it in, but it’s worth a visit.

Beautiful city and Old Montreal is very cool, love hearing the French language being spoken there, probably the closest I’ll ever be to “France” other than Epcot... Haven’t been yet, but hear that Quebec City is worth checking out as well.

If TD Terry gives us what we expect (hope) for, I think we’re in for a very nice season, the Cats are being undersold, and y’all are some triflin ass snitches.

JMHO.

Reactions: rudd1
- But for Kentucky, breaking through that seven-win ceiling for the first time would've made all the difference in the world.

No, it wouldn't have. Seen 8, 9 and 10....just a few hits on the BJ table before the dealer draws out continuously.

- Coach Stoops has a locker-room full of wannabe alpha males that are actually dipshits and he can't control them. That's UK Football's biggest issue imo.

- Was riding around on the mower listening to Pandora, as middle-aged homeowners who mow their own grass are wont to do, and a deep cut from the Petty Station came on. It was a live version of "Southern Accents" and man, I had to mentally prepare myself not to get choked up. That one hits me on so many levels.

- Last day of June basketball before heading into Dead Period (begins 6/25, but most everyone is calling it a wrap today/tomorrow). Mow again tomorrow, domesto train, ????, and then off to Disney.

- KL just let those folks BYOB. If they know your position, as I'm sure they do, they should be just fine with you "allowing" them to partake responsibly at your house. I suggest Buffalo Trace. Anything higher proof and you may have a situation.

- I don't give a rats whisker about this NBA draft because - .

Last edited:
kentucky-vs-florida-overtime-play-clock.png

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
I finally said "No Mas" to my season ticket. Can't justify it given how much shit we have going on every weekend with the kids. And I figure if I want to see a game, it ain't gonna be hard to get a ticket. It doesn't help that I have "zero" strong feelings about the team this year or about watching them.

Vet move. :100points:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT