ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Venice was fine, our food was actually good, but yeah it got old quick. Throngs of people, waterways, the entire place being a flea market. Doubt I make it back there.

-Plan is Tuscany/Sicily in the near future.

-Speaking of Italy, Giro heads up Mt Etna Thursday along the same area I rode last year, be on the look out.

-The checkerboards are absolutely ridiculous. To blatantly take one of 2 top rivals signature pattern and try to shove it down fans throats is so UK marketing. Every 4-5 years we have to "create" new traditions for some damn reason.

-Feel like the Reds should pay the fans for showing up. Was one year off on my historically bad take.

-Carter's Mom was a bit overboard but the sentiment around these players towards CBB has changed. It's evident and not just the kids that need the money. Be nice if the NCAA could find a way to stop the top 150 CBB players from bolting every spring. That's quite a bit of talent that people will pay to watch play.

Only because we had friends and a place to stay in Como were we able to make that part of our trip to Italy. But, other than the unbelievable amount of history and amazing places to see in Rome/VC, Como is the place that you see and realize why people would spend stupid money to live there.

Looking back, it actually wouldn't be that difficult to work into a trip if you wanted to drop a Venice or Florence. Fly into Milan, rent a car to Como, head back to Milan and catch the train to Rome then spend your last day in Milan.

I'd bet money that there is some Nike contract about those dumbass uniforms for the basketball team and Mitch "dances" around the issue because he's Mitch.

Mitch will unbutton that top button and whip some ass if y’all keep bitching about our terrible uniforms. Better watch yourselves.

The checkerboards on the bb jerseys wouldn't be as bad if they were 1/3 of their current size.

The current unis become more obnoxious to me every season.

If the players like them, I'm cool with them. But we've heard several players complain about them now.

C'mon, Anth. But a bug in your Kilimanjaro guided hill climbing buddy's ear while you're in the Bahamas. I know he didn't listen about the flag facing the wrong way, but it can't hurt to try.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Have we won anything since they turned the flag around? I tried to to tell them. I defend them all the time but not with the dumbass marketing decisions. Changing the color blue, using Houston and Buffalo's logo, goddamn checkerboards, these ugly ass things, those baggy ass shorts a few years back, "ready or not" intro for all the teams(which is f*cking terrible).

Ok. There ya go.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Be interesting to see what the Palumbos thoughts on the ibis are and if something changes post-Bahamas ear bending trip

Have we won anything since they turned the flag around? I tried to to tell them. I defend them all the time but not with the dumbass marketing decisions. Changing the color blue, using Houston and Buffalo's logo, goddamn checkerboards, these ugly ass things, those baggy ass shorts a few years back, "ready or not" intro for all the teams(which is f*cking terrible).

Ok. There ya go.
Marcus make my yearly reminder.......

.....We haven't won anything since you started this GYERO.

P.J. Washington’s father, Paul Washington Sr., told Fletcher Page of the Courier Journal that if P.J. is promised to be picked in the first round of the NBA Draft it will make his son’s decision easy. He will stay in the draft. But even if Washington isn’t promised a first round spot there’s no guarantee he will return to Kentucky for a sophomore season.

“It’s real simple — if he’s guaranteed a first round pick, then he’ll stay in the draft,” Paul Washington said. “If he doesn’t get that, we’ll have to make a decision. It’s PJ’s decision. Now, if he doesn’t get a first-round guarantee and a team says he’ll be an early second round pick, then PJ might say he wants to do that. That’s his decision as well. But the easiest thing is if he gets a guarantee in writing that he’ll go in the first round.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if he's a first round pick, he's definitely gone. And if he's not a first round pick, he's possibly gone.

Makes perfect sense, especially when you consider the fact that he definitely won't improve his stock next year and the fact that the 2019 NBA Draft definitely isn't weaker than this year's draft.

Go chase those dreams, young man!

I love how he starts out saying it's real simple, and then there's like eight different contingencies and ultimately PJ is just gonna decide, but Jesus, it's simple, you morons, keep up.

Also, is a guarantee of a first round promise IN WRITING even a thing? Are teams really out there signing memorandums for players saying...

"Dear PJ, please stay in the draft. If you do and you're still there at 27, you have our solemn word we'll pick you, even if Bagley somehow slips down to us, we don't care, we'll keep our word and pick you. We're willing to risk it just to keep you in this draft, we want you that bad.

Sincerely,
The Kings, because of course it's us."

Last edited:
-Not looking like PJ will always be a Wildcat tbh.

-Mashing tonight at 6:30. After a long winter spent regretting a promise I made to my wife I let her know that I was, in fact, mashing again this season and retirement wasn't an option. We laughed.

-Jekyll Island this weekend for Dad. Older bro's wedding. Tony and the Tanlines. Will be dope.

-Hosted a stress-free and not angry Derby Party where I got sailor drunk. Neighbor's living room became a late night dance party. Had a ball.

-Vegas next weekend for work. Annual show on company dime. Nice lil way to scratch the Vegas itch every year.

If PJ stays in the draft and doesn’t get drafted at all I’ll be wearing a very obnoxious smirk.

He’ll also be dead to me and I’ll root against him forever.

Because I’m selfish and I don’t really care about these people on a personal level.

Lottery pick: "Go, and thanks for your service."

Late first round: "Go, but only if it makes more sense than returning for another year."

Early second round: "Unless your family is broke or you'll never improve your stock, what are you doing?"

Late second round: "Really? You're dumb."

May not even be drafted at all: "I HATE YOU."

Ok. There ya go.

At least tell me that Mitch is contractually bound by Nike to stick with those ugly things.

EDITED FOR CONVENIENCE MOVING FORWARD:

CODE BLUE: Lottery pick: "Go, and thanks for your service."

CODE WHITE: Late first round: "Go, but only if it makes more sense than returning for another year."

CODE ANTHRACITE:
Early second round: "Unless your family is broke or you'll never improve your stock, what are you doing?"

CODE SILVER: Late second round: "Really? You're dumb."

CODE CHECKERBOARD: May not even be drafted at all: "I HATE YOU."

- Waiting on Robs response to such disgusting talk about his wife. Per hank and rogue no more jokes around here and that was way over the line. If anyone ever talks about my wife that way, well.........

- Reds get a nice low cost high reward player in Matt Harvey. I’m cheering for the guy to get back to the way he was.

- Scotty Pippen discussing Rodney Hood’s decision to refuse to get in the game is fantastic.

- Getting positive odds on Boston and the Cavs last round was easy money. I doubled down after Boston won game 1 as they were still +200.

Assuming the Cavs will be positive odds again which is a great investment.

- Being 100% honest, I don’t care what these players wear. Just win some meaningfully games and cut the Sydney Dean bullshit.

Is it blue? And white? Kentucky across the chest?

Then live up to it!

-- Reds get a nice low cost high reward player in Matt Harvey. I’m cheering for the guy to get back to the way he was.

He is 9-19 since 2015 w/o anything positive on his resume whatsoever. Low cost, yes....high reward...99% doubtful. This was a trade of re-treads, nothing more.

Venice was cool, agree that it’s a quick hitter. Just way too packed all the time. Did really enjoy nights at St Mark square with a nice bottle of vino and live quintet. Ah, Venice.

Agree with Tuscany, would like to spend more time there. Rent a big villa with a good crew and enjoy the Chianti Classico. Throw amalfi coast in as well.

I’d go back to Florence just for another sandwich from All'Antico Vinaio. Place is unreal.

Not bullish, but the Cubs did the same with Jake Arieta and it really worked out well. If he becomes anything they can trade him for more than the garbage they gave up.

Worth the gambol.

Donovan Mitchell 22 points in a quarter, on the road against the best team in the league.

Definitely should still be on Floyd St.

It’s Teacher Appreciation Day.

If you missed it, go check your social media to see every teacher you know publicly jerking themselves off.

We get it, ladies. And thank god it’s almost over.

Reactions: WKYLawCat
I can’t wait for Bevin to break this union down and get charters going. A month ago 80% of the teachers in Jefferson county were protesting and last week the state decided they suck so bad it’s time to take over the county dept of education.

Thanks for your protest though!

ESPN is on the verge of bankruptcy, undergoing massive layoffs, and hemorrhaging money...

....and their solution is to air taped Spikeball matches???

Lord. Effing. Help. Us.

Honestly,

F*** these guys that act like it's a punishment to HAVE to come back to U.K.

It must be sheer hell; banging randoms, a bevy of tutors that could get Carl from sling blade a GD degree, hero worship from thousands of fans, free room and board.

I can definitely see where they'd be loathe to come back.

F*** each and every single one of them.

I'd almost rather be mediocre at basketball.

<---- older I get, the more sick of it I become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT