ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on a 1 month free trial (they extend you after you cancel the week)

It’s really good. :flushed:

It's infinitely better then ESPN Insider, which as soon as my 2 years for $5 The Mag Subscription is up, will be cancelling.

"Oh, I'm in town for a game between top 15ish teams in a fairly mediocre conference playing on Sunday, but I guess I'll stop by the game between two top-5ish* teams on Saturday, ya, know, if I have the time." - sportswriters

*twas the predictable beatdown it always is, but still.

Reactions: wcc31
Yeah that’s what I’m seeing. We both have one in mind, guess we’ll see who can negotiate a better deal. (Mine is bad ass)
Unless you are thinking of a certain Canadian Yacht Rock cover band based out of Ottawa, you are thinking wrong.

My buddy hired Pleasure Craft for his Ottawa-adjacent wedding (which was adjacent to Dr. James Naismith’s childhood home, mind) and they absolutely brought it.

Also the father of the bride made a great, fete kick-off speech. He brought up the open bar and told his in-laws (mother of the bride’s family) that, “Just because it’s and open bar, that doesn’t mean you have to demolish it.”

And he was super Canadian, so it sounded like, “To tha Jouwnson faam-lee here today, jahst bee-cause it an oupen baaaaarrr... Thaat doesn’t meeeen you haaahve to DEAMAUL-LISHHH iyit.”

I am the best grocery shopper in this thread and I think you all are a bunch of selfish assholes. Go to the store, put what you want in your cart, wait in line to pay, unload you cart, put your cart in the cart corral or back in the store, and go home. Is it that hard to follow the norms of society and grocery shopping?

I even put my cart back every single time when G was a tiny baby. It's just common courtesy.

And you've clearly never been a cashier or stocker.

When I was a young 16-17 y/o bagger at Kroger lose carts in the parking lot or restocking shelves were a treat and a great excuse to disappear for a while. Could easily kill 15-20 minutes walking down to the banks parking lot down the hill or over to mcdonalds to retrieve lost carts that got lose. If things got too out of control could normally get a buddy to help you clean things up then just hang out for a while to finish my hour of cart duty.

Baby went to the ER, hopefully nothing serious. My kids first ER visit at 29 days old pretty worried as I'm a first time parent. Just wanted to post this somewhere not to public, but get it off my chest.

I get much enjoyment using Kroger click. It's exhilarating when I tell them I didn't order things that are on my list.

Getting the actual product outside of the store and THEN telling them, to THEIR FACE, they have to take it back inside to the click area, then have someone else put it back is much more REAL than leaving canned peas by the candy bars.

Sometimes I'll throw the free exchange items out of my window while exiting the parking lot.

Baby went to the ER, hopefully nothing serious. My kids first ER visit at 29 days old pretty worried as I'm a first time parent. Just wanted to post this somewhere not to public, but get it off my chest.
Best of luck.

Kids are resilient, even the tiniest most helpless looking ones.

-click list is convenient. Some of the substitutions are baffling.

-i don't wait in *long* lines to buy/consume anything. If a restaurant doesn't take reservations im not patronizing at peak time. Fast pass option at theme parks is a requirement. Reserved seating at the movies is the best thing since sliced bread. I avoid box stores/ "the big kroger" like the plague. Never participated in black friday. I would rather not eat/drink than wait in line for concessions. I don't need anything/want to do anything bad enough to subject myself to these atrocities.

-obviously there are things out of one's control: airports/traffic. Can be mitigated by not travelling a peak time. Sporting events...just gotta deal. However, *if* I have any control im gonna avoid lines/waits *every time*.

* Why do grown ass adults insist on having headphones on while out in public? That's weird af, imo.

* Did GYERO somehow miss this??

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-american-skier-games-system-make-olympics-070235305.html

Chick gamed the system to compete in the Olympics, and was absolutely TERRIBLE. Participated in an event, finished dead last, and didn't even attempt to perform any actual tricks.

:joy::joy:

* Tyler Childers = Country Squire. :fire::fire:

* We probably lose tonight, right??

Well, if nothing else......Central Time, ftmfw. 8pm tip.

* MLB teams are so staunchly refusing to overpay 30+ year-old vets that the players association is considering suing over collusion. The two biggest sluggers on the market, coming off career years (JD Martinez and Eric Hosmer), barely crack $100 million in contracts front loaded with buy-out options.

Looks like the world of major league baseball finally listened to me. :popcorn:

* SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY:

Rolling over a traditional to a roth.......the tax consequence is for the *entire* amount, not just the invested amount, right?

ex: contributed $10,000. grows to $20,000. one would be taxed on the entire $20k?

(chief = ead. i don't want your insight)

* Upon further review, The Jared Lorenzen Project is alive and well. Here he is talking to a radio station on his way to Trigg County to promote his anti obesity agenda...

27867470_2004499793131072_7423321776578304689_n.jpg

:grimace::grimace::grimace::grimace::grimace:

Looks like the Bat Cat Hype Train may be in jeopardy since MSU's baseball coach was fired for sleeping around with Dan Mullen's side piece.

-I actually think a really, really, really fat dude up there talking about his struggles is more impactful than some skinny guy/gal preaching about diet and exercise. The DARE officer was pretty much worthless but show the kids some pictures of real crack heads all f*cked up. Job done.

-Speaking of Bat Cats, hopefully heading over tonight. Great call moving it up. G is pumped, worships his autographed picture that came with his tickets.

-Current book -> Enlightenment Now so far I'm digging it. Basically, don't listen to the media (while taking some real good shots at them) the world is statistically better than it's ever been. @SAECATFAN should add it to his list.

-Rarely go to the grocery. WS won't allow it. I just wake up and the fridge is constantly overstocked. So if ^Pinker is wrong, and the apocalypse hits, we could live off our pantry for at least 4-5 years.

-Bama is only going to put up with OSU and Texas alcohol sales for so long. That change is coming.

-Old Row Spring Break is right around the corner. :raised_hands:

-That Hungarian skier was great. For some reason made me really happy.

Reactions: B Rax and cawoodsct
Just so we're clear: Arkansas is hot right now, we are 5 point underdogs, we are expected to lose, and it would be a great surprise if we win.

Therefore if we do lose Cal has lost the team, we are going to lose in the NIT, this team is awful, we haven't been good in 10 years, the season is lost, and we need to fire all the assistant coaches.

* SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY:

Rolling over a traditional to a roth.......the tax consequence is for the *entire* amount, not just the invested amount, right?

ex: contributed $10,000. grows to $20,000. one would be taxed on the entire $20k?

(chief = ead. i don't want your insight)

:grimace::grimace::grimace::grimace:

Was the traditional IRA contribution pretax or taxed?

Shorts

-JP Macura is a dog, for sure.

-PTI(pti) asking a financial question is the early leader for most shocking post of the year, for sure.

(lol at krazy)

-Golf course won't be dry until June at this pace, but gonna enjoy today. What a mess.

-Allergy Jamison

-Cats dogs again, +4. Weird almost getting used to that.

-Can't imagine what theaters were like for that big movie.

-Earbuds in public are terrible.

-One has to figure COPS is a little angry/jelly, and regrouping.

-Anth not even turning a head for a decade and instantly becoming Mr. UK Baseball should be fun

/

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT