ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early season, come off the bench and hustle his ass off and knock down open shots Gabriel was dope.

Late season, force him into the lineup and make him an offensive focus on a team with Fox and Monk Gabriel was awful.

I think that bodes well for him maturing into a pretty good player; so long as he is given the right role and time to develop

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
That's entirely my point -- 6'9 freshman forwards often look like shit, just not nearly as much here at Kentucky b/c ours are generally lottery picks. "Are we even sure he's talented" [eyeroll]

Kid is a relentless worker from all accounts and seems to have an incredible attitude. I'm not predicting him to be a 1st team All American, but AM expecting his improvement to be substantial.

Rothstein sent out a tweet earlier projecting Richards as the starting 5.

Yeah, false.

Gabriel will undoubtedly be more consistent and productive but I'm really looking for SKJ to make the leap. He's put on weight and I think he'll finally start to get it. He's got all the skill in the world, I think he just needed maturity in terms of a spacing/physicality standpoint of being a big. He was never asked to be a guy to play on the block before, so playing that role was completely foreign to him and he had zero clue how to be successful.

- The Pels were rated # 6 in Zach Lowe's League Pass ratings, and justly so. They are *must see* TV -- win or lose.

- Hitting up the Mizzou game with the old man. First game of the season. Guess it's too much to ask for our HC to let us play fast and loose with Stephen Johnson back there throwing dimes. Maybe give our electric frosh more than 3 touches, too? I get Boom is gone and Toth was huge but GD, there are still some guys on O that can make plays. I like Benny but I think he's over-featured in our offense. JMO.

Speaking of Lowe’s League Pass Power Rankings, how annoying is it when all of Simmons’ current and former employees use his same exact lingo and story templates?

Speaking of Lowe’s League Pass Power Rankings, how annoying is it when all of Simmons’ current and former employees use his same exact lingo and story templates?
Yeah it's just like the scene in "The Legend of Billie Jean" where Hubie Pyatt trashes Billie Jean's brother's scooter with the scooter obviously being Dwight Howard's career- I call it the "Billie Jean Theorem".

We're winning ballgames.

Everything is fine.

I mean, we're averaging 100+ yards rushing yards fewer than last year so let's keep unleashing the same plodding workhorse incapable of bouncing anything outside or making those unblocked DE's miss, heaven forbid. Our offense clearly doesn't match last year's explosive capabilities and ability to quick strike... so why wouldn't you use a guy like King more with HR speed? Or Bowden in the backfield more and keep those secondaries honest? I'm just not sold on Snell being an every-down kind of guy. Sorry. He's great closer but with our offensive line struggles putting their hats on people, I think there's greater need for someone to 'get out in space' and beat people to east/west more...

I like King, but his next yard after contact will be his first. The guy is fast, but marcus be playing flag football out there. If he's touched he's down immediately.

Bowden on the other hand, how we don't get the ball in his hands at least 10 times a game is beyond me.

iu

Sitting here in the Redneck Riviera listening to Tom Petty station on Pandora. Very solemn. By the way, "Southern Accent" is a hell of a song by him that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Live version at Gainesville to be precise.

Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT