ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLPx0QmXcAAd086.jpg:large

I mean there's gotta be two dozen instances of Matt on the radio from that time saying "Don't go do that, cut it out, it's a bad look, etc." Seems like it'll be pretty easy to show he at least did enough to cover his ass.*

*Obligatory "Not a legal ball."

I'm no tort expert, but Higgins' attorneys didn't include a separate count for defamation? I mean, his complaint doesn't have a count alleging that the statements made on KSR were, in fact, not true?

OK, then......

:popcorn:

Red flag for sure.

Also notice that Cheesedick Higgins didn't sue any of the people who actually did the harassing here, despite law enforcement tracking them down and identifying them.

Motion to Dismiss for Failure to Name Indispensable Parties.

I think KSR probably does meet minimum contacts with iHeart and the podcast downloads (presumably there are several in Nebraska), but, this thing has summary judgment written all over it, IMO.

Also, maybe I’m behind the times, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a picture in a Complaint.

Suffice to say, I'd be embarrassed to sign that horseshit complaint
What's remarkable is that Kutak Rock is no slouch of a law firm...o_O

This case will never make it to a MSJ, but I'd love to see how they spin the fact that, by posting content from its comment section on KSR, Matt Jones and his crew possessed the intent to inflict emotional distress on Higgins.

I mean, I guess they're going to be able to prove that Higgins was a frequent reader of the site....and that Matt Jones and his crew knew about it.

The pooping on the roof comment is what did it, as demonstrated by the enhanced font. The rest is all true, he sucks, and he probably crapped in the birdbath but NOT on the roof, ok? That's his sacred place. How dare you?

The GYERO depositions are going to be incredible.

"Mr. Power..."
"Ahem."
"Yes?"
"Three 'r's. My name has three 'r's at the end."
"Mr. PoweRRR.."
"Thank you."
"... it says here on numerous occasions that you claimed, among other things, to have an eighteen inch..."
"Yes I'd like to speak to my lawyer/not the same person as me, UCL."

"Mr. Powerrr, are you aware of any occasions where Mr. Unfroze...awyer described or depicted a University of Kentucky basketball player named Lukasz Orbzut having sex on a pile of gravel?"

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I mean I agree that sending threats to the guy and trying to ruin his business are bad things that should be stopped. But not sure how you can focus an action on KSR.

- Tough not to be a Petty fan. Dude had some classics. My favorite has to be “You Don’t Know How It Feels” but its close.

- Feel like this CBB season is going to have a lot of ups and downs. Just hope Green is up to the challenge at the point. We’ll be tough and hit the glass, but offense will take awhile.
Can Baker surprise us? Can Knox/Diallo be a baby Mercer/Anderson?

- As much as we take shots at Tucker around here, he’s really good at his job. His SEC Country podcast is excellent.

- Drew is apparently gettin it going down at Vanderbilt on the recruiting trail.

- Still too warm, imo.

- So why is Forde finally speaking out against Tomma and Rick?

a) He finally has seen the light and realizes they’re scoundrels

b) He finally feels free from their power now that they’re both gone.

c) He’s a bitch who’s covering his own ass now that his boys have been exposed as corrupt and feels (probably accurately) that by striking them down as loudly as he can, people will forget his 15 years of SJing the two of them

Chad has made a post about the basketball team at least once per week over the past 2 months, and I've yet to see him give even a passing mention to Gabriel as he's going through key players, scorers, etc. Not just picking on Chad either, that seems pretty common for everyone around here.

I think that's incorrect. Gabriel was a mess for much of last season, but feel like people are underestimating the fresh-to-soph jump , especially for a player of his talent -- which is kinda natural given we rarely get to see that progression under Cal.

I have pretty high expectations for the guy this season.

Everyone back on board for the game, Saturday? Mizzou sucks, but this is a rather huge game as far as our season is concerned - an obvious must win, or I feel like things go downhill quick from here. 5-1 heading into the bye k, tho [cheers] --- rare stuff around here, whether we did much to get there or not.

Last edited:
Are we sure Gabriel is talented? He's a good athlete and hustles his ass off but the problem seemed to be that he had utterly no idea how to play basketball and Calipari wants to make him a shooting guard.

We shall see, I guess.

Scouting report says we might lose to Mizzou, just like EMU, so looking forward to another shittastic win...hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT