ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it’s really not cool to take Tom Petty’s name in vain.

Would like to hear the official diagnosis on Vanderbilt, other than a foot thing. I knew when they weren’t talking about it this spring it was not good.

Nolan Arenado away from Coors Field:

.283 / .355 / 37 runs

Nolan Arenado at Coors Field:

.336 / .392 / 63 runs

[eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

Willy --> when Cueto was traded, that list of guys was absolutely *not* highly thought of. Finnegan was a very nice piece, but he's easily the most talented player on that list, which is pathetic.

Nobody drops to his knees for any kind of management like Willy.

Very kind of Stoops and Johnson to visit this kid, but man, what a poor picture. It looks like Stoops has just been caught breaking the kid's arm, and is trying to play it off.

PTI - false. Enough baseballsucka for the day, but we are talking about 2 first-rd picks and a 2nd-rd pick for a guy who was gonna walk at the end of the season. One was damaged goods, but had rebounded with a 9-1, 2-something ERA campaign so far that season. I still think Finnegan and Reed will be decent MLB players for the Reds.

wcc - consider yourself warned. And I am not a fan of the Reds or Bengals management. In fact, I think both both owners are pretty terrible.

I sincerely hope TOM is retained. However, UofL is incredibly stupid, desperate, and pussified if they do so. I'm sure a 15 second review of his contract would show he could very easily be fired with cause.

So there are some folks thinking TOMMA has a decent chance to hang on to his job? I'm skeptical, but I'll bet Bob Valvano is sweating his ass off right now.

It’s an absurd notion but I don’t think anyone would put it past them.

After all they consider cleaning house keeping a Pitino assistant with deep personal ties as their interim coach.

It’s bizarro world over there.

Reactions: Hankshaker
I sincerely hope TOM is retained.

I don't. He's an exceptionally good athletic director (and I use the word exceptionally without hyperbole).

If it didn't involve taxpayer funds, I'd hope for prolonged, bitter litigation. But UL just needs to pay Jurich and Pitino to go away and reboot.

Maybe Christopher Nolan is available or something.

Again, a few are calling him on it but this is right out of his playbook. Flip the script so he's the victim here. Pump the local blowhards enough to make it a story, get the fans to swallow the shit and rationalize it again because "we caint win withoit tomma", throw out that UL cant afford to fire him, work the media.

We've seen this same play at least 8 times.

My biggest Reds complaint is they’ve never actually made the decision to fully rebuild. They seem to want to go half-way with so many personnel decisions (Cueto/Chapman/Phillips/Cozart/etc). The Votto contract isn’t killing them (yet) and he’s been a relative bargain to date. He’s got 6 years and $157M left. At 34 those last few years will be a tough pill but that’s the trade off for getting him under market early.

- Amazing how big of p-words most sports journalists are.

- The bottom line as PTI stated is that we botched nearly every trade. Got so little in return.

^Exactly. We spent that money on him knowing we'd be awful anyway and it's going to hurt us when we theoretically should've been trending back up.

Also, incompetent management is EXACTLY why we didn't win a World Series. That and Johnny throwing his back out 2 pitches into the post season.

I mean, it’s really not cool to take Tom Petty’s name in vain.

Would like to hear the official diagnosis on Vanderbilt, other than a foot thing. I knew when they weren’t talking about it this spring it was not good.

Good kid. Vibrant personality, just has soft bones. Too fragile for ball. Sad.

Reactions: drxman1
I dont necesarily think the Votto deal will hurt that much on the back end, at least not compared to the long term contracts we see with other superstars that flame out.

Votto doesnt rely on being a one-dimensional hitter. He may not be able to play every day like he did this year, but until he hangs it up, he's going to hit around .300, hit for enough power to be a capable HR hitter, draw walks, drive in runs, and he doesnt strike out at the rate of other big names. He may not be a bargain, but it certainly wont hold them back.

I dont necesarily think the Votto deal will hurt that much on the back end, at least not compared to the long term contracts we see with other superstars that flame out.

Votto doesnt rely on being a one-dimensional hitter. He may not be able to play every day like he did this year, but until he hangs it up, he's going to hit around .300, hit for enough power to be a capable HR hitter, draw walks, drive in runs, and he doesnt strike out at the rate of other big names. He may not be a bargain, but it certainly wont hold them back.
Don't think I don't know what you're doing here you little bitch Cubs fan. Complimenting Votto, passively aggressively acting sincere about the Reds. Pretending like your team has it all figured out. Go get pumped in your cute cubbies shirt, while waving your stupid flag and drinking Old Style.

Last edited:
I agree they could've/should've gotten a lot more in some cases, but not every trade was bad.

Everyday players Suarez, Duvall and Schebler were acquired via trades. As were Peraza and Herrera who may fit into future plans (Peraza has been awful so far).

Pitchers the Reds received in trades Desclafani, Castillo, Finnegan, Reed and maybe Brice will be important pieces the next few years.

The biggest mistake was putting their money behind Homer and not Cueto, IMO.

I remember going to Homer's 2nd or 3rd start in the bigs with wcc and we thought he was a future Cy Young winner. But by the time he was extended and Cueto was traded, it was obvious Cueto was the better of the 2.

Reactions: bradyjames
I could give a shit about the Reds... apparently most share that sentiment since their attendance was the worst in baseball (Miami and TB dont count).

But I like watching Votto hit. I liked watching Griffey play. I liked watching a lot of players that are really good at baseball.

Get out of my face, Anth.

Reactions: roguemocha
orjagonndk04sj55mpki.jpg

#coonass

He'll probably start a nuclear war that'll lead to untold scores of death and devastation, but this Kim Jong Un guy cracks me up how he always takes his desk and binoculars everywhere. Even Trump doesn't pull that move.

download%20%2851%29.jpg

North%20Korean%20leader%20Kim%20Jong-Un%20.jpg

North-Korean-leade_3588240b.jpg

n-nkexclusive-a-20170731.jpg

I mean I'm over here all like "hey buddy, why don't you just move your dang desk closer?!?" amirite plz don't nuke us

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT