ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I get calling him by his first name in front of a jury to humanize him and such if he was charged with a horrible crime, but that's a letter to his employer, a presumed professional. Just seems goofy.

Some idiot from CBS and her friend made some pretty terrible comments about the victims of the LV shooting and welp, hope you enjoy social media ruining your lives. Henbook nailed it this time.
It really is amazing how barbaric that politics in this country has made people, especially the left. 58 are dead with over 500 people injured and this **** has the audacity to spew that bullshit.

Like you said, hopefully twitter takes care of her

-Clark has a point, granted very rich considering Cubs have been good for like 3 of the past 100 years and tons of talent has been there to waste away in front of drunk pretend girl fans, but Votto's contract is also a huge drag on the Reds rebuild. Combined with the atrocity we gave Homer, holding Phillips and Bruce way too long. Oh well. Small market teams always have these issues.

Easily MVP this year though. Amazing year.

-Who's our best basketball player this year? Hardest team to read since Cal arrived.

Reactions: rudd1
-Clark has a point, granted very rich considering Cubs have been good for like 3 of the past 100 years and tons of talent has been there to waste away in front of drunk pretend girl fans, but Votto's contract is also a huge drag on the Reds rebuild. Combined with the atrocity we gave Homer, holding Phillips and Bruce way too long. Oh well. Small market teams always have these issues.

Easily MVP this year though. Amazing year.

-Who's our best basketball player this year? Hardest team to read since Cal arrived.

I thought it was going to be Vanderbilt. Now, I think it will be Washington, Diallo or Knox. Really hard team to get a handle on preseason.

The DeSalles-on-DeSalles crime is all fun until one of you rednecks pulls out a shank.

Anth is my friend and sometimes friends fight. Us rednecks, however, only need a bucket of cold beers once every 3-4 years to make amends.

Joey Votto's contract isn't dragging down the Reds rebuilding effort at all. That thing is gonna turn ugly in the last few years, but he made $22 million this year to produce MVP results. Every single team in baseball would happily have paid him the same.

The bigger problem in the rebuild has been not getting enough in return for Chapman and Cueto. Those two perennial all stars only returned....

- eric jagielo
- caleb cotham
- rookie davis
- tony renda
- brandon finnegan
- cody reed
- john lamb

Those guys are all terrible, basically. How in the world do you trade two of the best Reds pitchers in a generation and essentially get NOTHING?

Votto has always been a great OBP guy. The dude just doesn't swing at balls out of the zone.

Should have dealt him after he won MVP and Roy Halladay no hit us in the elimination game

Votto has always been a great OBP guy. The dude just doesn't swing at balls out of the zone.

Should have dealt him after he won MVP and Roy Halladay no hit us in the elimination game

Why in the hell should they have dealt him? He is still putting up MVP numbers now. I expect he will be a top player for the next couple of seasons as well for $25M per. There is nothing they likely would've received in return that would be as good as a legit MVP candidate year in and year out.

It's after that when his numbers will likely start to decline that the $25M per won't be worth it.

But a 9.6 WAR? That is ridiculous.

He won't win MVP basically because the Reds pitching staff sucks.

The Cueto deal seemed good at the time as those pitching prospects were very highly thought of, but the Reds panicked with Chapman's pending suspension and got a bunch of shit in return.

I hate players named Rookie just because of wcc.

Controversial very homer take, if the Reds get a healthy Disco and Finnegan to go with a couple of guys that pitched well the 2nd half AND add a legit 1 or 2 starter and they are contenders as soon as next year. That everyday starting 8 is good enough to win now. I know that is a lot of IFS & ANDS but not entirely, totally, 100% out of the question. Yeah, it ain't gonna happen, is it? Sigh.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Why in the hell should they have dealt him? He is still putting up MVP numbers now. I expect he will be a top player for the next couple of seasons as well for $25M per. There is nothing they likely would've received in return that would be as good as a legit MVP candidate year in and year out.

It's after that when his numbers will likely start to decline that the $25M per won't be worth it.

But a 9.6 WAR? That is ridiculous.

He won't win MVP basically because the Reds pitching staff sucks.

The Cueto deal seemed good at the time as those pitching prospects were very highly thought of, but the Reds panicked with Chapman's pending suspension and got a bunch of shit in return.

I hate players named Rookie just because of wcc.

Controversial very homer take, if the Reds get a healthy Disco and Finnegan to go with a couple of guys that pitched well the 2nd half AND add a legit 1 or 2 starter and they are contenders as soon as next year. That everyday starting 8 is good enough to win now. I know that is a lot of IFS & ANDS but not entirely, totally, 100% out of the question. Yeah, it ain't gonna happen, is it? Sigh.
I love our optimism but we aren't gonna win shit. Votto may have a couple more MVP if he isn't stuck in Cincy. The dude is a legit talent and my only knock on him was he didn't hit for much power anymore. Well he sure told me to shove that take this year. I'm as big of a Reds and Votto fan as anyone but our window was 2010-11 and it's been slammed shut

I love our optimism but we aren't gonna win shit. Votto may have a couple more MVP if he isn't stuck in Cincy. The dude is a legit talent and my only knock on him was he didn't hit for much power anymore. Well he sure told me to shove that take this year. I'm as big of a Reds and Votto fan as anyone but our window was 2010-11 and it's been slammed shut

OK, cool. But you still haven't explained why they should've traded Votto after the no hitter in the playoffs. (And that no-hitter wasn't an elimination game in was Game 1 of that series, by the way)

That's not controversial, Wildcat Willie. I mean if two guys they already have get better, and if a couple guys that pitched well, sometimes, pitch well for some longer times, and they get 2 more legit starters... well yeah they should be in better shape.

.....they are contenders as soon as next year. That everyday starting 8 is good enough to win now. I know that is a lot of IFS & ANDS but not entirely, totally, 100% out of the question. Yeah, it ain't gonna happen, is it? Sigh.

No, they aren't....and no, it isn't.....and no, it isn't.

MJ said this is the nicest team Cal's ever had, so I downgrade my E8 pick to a S16. Great group of kids, very bright with great manners. :rolleyes:

I need this Totinos Bowl win in a big way. Don't let me down Stoops.

Oh and Nick Richards is worse than people thought? PJ Washington can get boards, supposedly, and who else? Lumberjack is gonna have to play minutes. Kevin Knox won't touch the paint. Gonna be a brutal year where we ultimate lose because we get out scrapped and whipped on the boards by some semi-honky team, again.

....Stanton, Goldy, and Arenado are more deserving.

You're worse than Pti on baseball.

And you are worse than yesterday's Tom Petty at life. So touch off and please don't ever reply to one of my posts again unless I specifically ask for a baby blue asshole's opinion. TIA.

MJ said this is the nicest team Cal's ever had, so I downgrade my E8 pick to a S16. Great group of kids, very bright with great manners. :rolleyes:

I need this Totinos Bowl win in a big way. Don't let me down Stoops.

Oh and Nick Richards is worse than people thought? PJ Washington can get boards, supposedly, and who else? Lumberjack is gonna have to play minutes. Kevin Knox won't touch the paint. Gonna be a brutal year where we ultimate lose because we get out scrapped and whipped on the boards by some semi-honky team, again.
Could be worse

OK, cool. But you still haven't explained why they should've traded Votto after the no hitter in the playoffs. (And that no-hitter wasn't an elimination game in was Game 1 of that series, by the way)

Because we have had two winning seasons and the last four have been something like an average of 20 games out of first place. A player like votto who (normally) doesn't hit a ton of home runs and is an OBP machine isn't carrying you to too many wins.
I'm not saying Votto stopped us from rebuilding like some but paying someone 22 mil to be 30 games back isn't helping it an awful lot. He is having a career year and we are terrible

Edit: there is no doubting that someone with career averages of .313/.428/.541 at the plate is a stud

Mashbutt sucks. I'm just wearing off the effects of anesthesia but I'm not out of it enough to see that was shit.

Nolan Arenado away from Coors Field:

.283 / .355 / 37 runs

Nolan Arenado at Coors Field:

.336 / .392 / 63 runs

[eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

Willy --> when Cueto was traded, that list of guys was absolutely *not* highly thought of. Finnegan was a very nice piece, but he's easily the most talented player on that list, which is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT