ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase, what I'm saying is that the let him slide on morals clause before...AND they let him slide on NCAA rules stuff before...so do those inactions then, give him any sort of out on the precedent they set (thus invalidating future violations of same clauses)?

No.

Reactions: BlueKel
Pretty clear that Jurich and Pitino are posturing to get one last paycheck and Louisville is figuring what is the lowest amount of money they can spend on a buyout to buy their silence and a release of claims so that neither one files a lawsuit.

Reactions: _Chase_
Chase, what I'm saying is that the let him slide on morals clause before...AND they let him slide on NCAA rules stuff before...so do those inactions then, give him any sort of out on the precedent they set (thus invalidating future violations of same clauses)? I was just interested from a contractual point of view how that could play out if litigated. I agree, Pitino, Jurich, etc call all go eff themselves.

That waiver argument will be used by his lawyer as leverage when negotiating a settlement. If it was fully litigated I would tend to think it's ultimately a losing argument.

Now Pitino has served notice on UofL that they breached his contract due to insufficient notice. That might buy him a week's pay, but he's officially been put on notice today and now has 10 days to provide any evidence.

If I were UofL's counsel, I'd tell him and his lawyer you can have $_______, representing your pay from the day we suspended you until today when we sent you the letter. Other than that, get f*cked. We are looking forward to engaging in discovery and will, of course, be cooperating with federal prosecutors. Enjoy, TFP, you aren't authorized to be here.

Reactions: BlueKel
With the recording, i think the key here is there is proof of wrongdoing.

Could never really prove he knew of whores. This is UL proof that he broke contract. Not a Lawyerball, but that is my point of view.

With the recording, i think the key here is there is proof of wrongdoing.

Could never really prove he knew of whores. This is UL proof that he broke contract. Not a Lawyerball, but that is my point of view.

Well, hell. This is basically spot on.

There's formal notice and there's actual notice.

Actually, there's only notice. They're both the same thing. Get pumped, plaintiff.

(That'll be $400,000.00 in fees, UofL.)

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Now Bowen has lawyered up too.

This is fantastic.

There are hundreds of schools that participate in college sports, but none provides as much joy and laughter and fodder to its rivals as the University of Louisville.

God Bless that institution.

Chase, what I'm saying is that the let him slide on morals clause before...AND they let him slide on NCAA rules stuff before...so do those inactions then, give him any sort of out on the precedent they set (thus invalidating future violations of same clauses)? I was just interested from a contractual point of view how that could play out if litigated. I agree, Pitino, Jurich, etc call all go eff themselves.

Most [well-written] contracts include language that says if a party doesn't call out every breach by the other party, the first party doesn't waive, and expressly reserves, the right to enforce future breaches.

Some idiot from CBS and her friend made some pretty terrible comments about the victims of the LV shooting and welp, hope you enjoy social media ruining your lives. Henbook nailed it this time.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Not bad
il_fullxfull.1277997562_nl80.jpg

Chase handles staged falls at grocery stores in Beaver dam,ky. You're not going to get him to answer any contractual questions.

TOM has dedicated...

TOM's intent...

TOM has no knowledge...

TOM's memo...

TOM agrees...

TOM did not cause...

TOM has worked hard...

TOM will not tolerate...

TOM and his hard work...

TOM on paid leave...

TOM will cooperate...

TOM is on leave...

TOM cannot meet...

TOM and the announced...

TOM to return...

TOM be given 90 days...

TOM for cause...

TOM be given...

TOM cannot undertake...

TOM to take such action...

[laughing]

Even the lawyers at that cut-rate outfit use the whole first name nonsense that their low-IQ'd fans do. In formal documents, no less.

Amazing. What a shitbag enterprise, Louisville.

That Tom bullshit is embarrassing. The fact that he is trying the “aww shucks buddy, let’s work together” act is all you need to know. He is straight f*cked and is simply trying to position himself for the best settlement possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT