ADVERTISEMENT

Movie/TV Tropes that never happen in real life

TruBluCatFan

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Lexington, KY
I’m bored, hence today’s topic. What is something we see over and over in movies and tv shows that you find annoying or laughable.

One of mine is uniformed bank security guards. Whenever a scene is in a bank you always see an armed uniform guard. I’ve never in my life gone into a bank and seen an armed uniform security guard. And you know as soon as you see him some shit is about to go down and he’s getting shot.

TV trope: It takes longer than 2 commercial breaks to get DNA evidence back from a crime lab.
Officer Michaels:
You know, this job though isn't how shows like CSI make it out to be. When I first joined the force, I was under the impression that everything was covered in a fine layer of semen. And that the police had at their disposal a semen database with every bad guy's semen on it. Not true!

Officer Slater:
Yup.

Officer Michaels:
If only there was semen on everything, it would make our jobs easier.

Officer Slater:
Hell yeah!

Officer Michaels:
I often go to sleep and dream of waking up in a world where everything is covered in semen.

Officer Slater:
I mean, who doesn't? It's like your wish that you could walk out of a room and just know where the semen was. You just know like Sherlock Holmes, if he was in his day, Sherlock Holomes, in his day... And this is a proven historical fact. Sherlock Holmes, when he was alive, knew where semen was.

• Haha
Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Scenes with heavy gunfire on the inside of concrete buildings, caves, anywhere that generates a hard echo or percussion.

In walking dead when they were in the prison and had a shootout. That would be near deafening, brain fog, near concussion level ear drum busting crazy.

Shows and movies have got better about considering ammunition capacity when filming these scenes now. From the 80s you had unlimited bullet supply without ever changing clips or reloading of any sort

One of mine is a character using food or drink as a prop. It's there in front of them or they're holding a utensil, but because they're doing a scene with back and forth dialogue, they either don't eat or tease taking a bite. Same with a character going to someone's house. The homeowner makes them a drink, the character holds the drink during this one to two minute scene, the drink is placed on a table, and the character leaves without taking a single drink. That's just wasteful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT