ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurich said. “No information was presented to me naming Rick Pitino as "Coach-2" in the FBI affidavit. If I had evidence that any coach or athletic department personnel ever willfully violated NCAA rules they would be immediately dismissed. But, I have never been presented with that information."

Ummm...The name Clint Hurtt ring a bell?

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36486463/...en-told-pitino-was-coach-2-hed-have-fired-him

I mean
DK14UVBVoAEfITB.jpg

url

Reactions: drxman1
Meh, he's working his mouth pieces Demling and the boys.

A lot of big boosters want Tom back.

- Demling

He's gone. You don't pull the plug and suspend that quick without intent to terminate. This is his last ditch, pathetic effort to save his ass.

I won't believe Tom Jurich is truly out as the athletic director at Louisville until his shit is packed and placed into a moving fan. Learn Louisville...the city and the school. There's a lot of people who are going to be doing a lot begging/pleading/threatening to Postel and Grissom between now and that board meeting in October.

I think the only answer that's wronger than what he said would've been "What are you talking about? I knew about that stuff. Is that an issue? Also, I'm gonna slow down the pace on offense considerably."

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Of course he knew. There's no way in hell that the things went on with that coaching staff and they all didn't know. Hell the new guy was brokering deals. They had an equipment manager hiring prostitutes. Do you think these are the only two incidents that happened over the time?? Give me a damn break. But I get it they probably literally could not find someone to coach the team only this season and he is probably the safest choice they had given the circumstances.

Oh yeah, of course he knew. But his answer sounds a lot like "I know they're gonna call my number probably in the next week, so I might as well ride this out and hope for the best. Is Postel dense, desperate, or has the cockiness of Floyd Street already taken him over? Seems like if you're Louisville right now, your #1 non-negotiable qualification for interim head coach should be "definitely, definitely, definitely not involved in the ongoing scandal."

This is gonna blow up in their face in less than a month.

Last edited:

favorable quote about Cal in the article. Also, a nice line by a power five conference coach:
"The difference is Louisville is driving the pace car. In other words, even the schools who are cheating aren't paying 100 thousand to get a kid. Louisville sets the bar high"

Tough to hit the nail on the head any better.

"I think he's an assh--e," a mid-major head coach said. "He's pompous and he just acts like he's better than everyone, like everyone should bow down to him. He's just not likable.

Home Run Derby

Goose vs B Rax's boys. Winner take all. Goose just needs to beat one of his boys to win. But unfortunately for Goose #DeyMash

I have a pretty bad Twitter problem as it is, shit is getting out of hand this week -- guess reports are true that starting at a bright cell phone screen for hours every night isn't good for the sleep. :weary:

Undeniable. Messed me up bad a couple of years ago. Had to change some habits. If you do that lighting option on the iPhone, though, it will help.

Today's "Jesus, I'm Old" moment brought to you by today's 25th anniversary of this release...

What really cracks me up is to consider the same time period looking backward from 1992. 25 years before then, Sgt. Pepper, Are You Experienced, and Surrealistic Pillow came out, along with another hundred classic summer of love albums.

In1992, that era was ancient history to this kid.

Now, I suppose today's kids look at 1992 in the same vein.

Perspective, man. Damn.

Undeniable. Messed me up bad a couple of years ago. Had to change some habits. If you do that lighting option on the iPhone, though, it will help.

How exactly did it mess you up bad?(I'm not being a smartass, I legit am curious)

Always keep my screen on the lowest brightness setting, always have. Seems like when I turn it up my eyes start pouring and I'll get a light headache, damn near every time.

Reactions: roguemocha
My understanding is that the temperature of the light emitted from phones/tablets/devices has a pronounced stimulant effect on the brain.

Not sure why that is, just what I've read.

One thing to keep in mind is that light temperature is not the same as brightness. It's a measurement of the type of light. Think the differnce between an old school incandescent, a warm yellow light, and the annoying bluish fluorescents in big box stores. The latter is what effs your brain up.

Light temperature is measured in kelvins. Next time you buy light bulbs, pay careful attention to the kelvin rating. 3000 kelvins is the perfect happy middle ground, I've found. My entire house is outfitted in 3000K LED's, interior and exterior, and it is touching nirvana man.

Reactions: Jeff Drummond
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT