ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certainly enjoying this but I don't want the city of Louisville and state of Kentucky to suffer because of this (ie the Yum Center and such).
Get a job that’s tied to Ohio’s largest economy and learn how to NKY, Chad. It’s all a lot more enjoyable that way, IMO.

I wouldn't let people creating tenuous ties between UK and this issue take away from you basking in concrete things.

Maybe there are things to not like about Barnhart, but even if you haven't forgiven him for Gillespie yet, maybe take a minute to appreciate him today. Because there is no way for me to properly convey the difference in the way people look at him and look at Jurich (even before yesterday).

Hypothetically speaking, if Nike was funneling kids to Kentucky and Mitch knew about it, he would have called the NCAA himself and told on us.

At least, that's how that scenario plays out in my mind.

Based on past dealings, I figured UofL's administration would treat Pitino with kid gloves and be amenable to hold off for a negotiated settlement and then let Pitino resign. Looks like that wasn't the case. Instead it appears they are making a statement by cleaning house. I'm guessing that's why Pitino's lawyer was being so bellicose in the statements he issued to the media last night, he knew UofL was ready to scorch the earth, and he was playing his hand trying to stave it off. Today, the administration played their hand, and obviously are confident they have good cause to let both of them go. Technically, administrative leave pending notice and hearing per contract.

I still think Pitino/Jurich and UofL reach a negotiated settlement in the next week or two, won't be good for any involved if either of those hearings take place.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Dino wouldn't be a bad interim. That place is a toxic waste zone for at least 2 years. This hire is going to be really boring and understand they're only there to keep the place from imploding until they can hire someone of quality.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
Dino wouldn't be a bad interim. That place is a toxic waste zone for at least 2 years. This hire is going to be really boring and understand they're only there to keep the place from imploding until they can hire someone of quality.

He didnt say Dino, he said Crean or Thad Matta.

Crean would probably be fine. Matta would probably worry me.

If the FBI could've gotten to Nike, UCLA, UK, UNC or Duke they absolutely would've moved mountains to do so. That's what my litmus test says.

Worth noting that this will have Louisville fans for awhile continually saying things like "I THINK THEY'LL BRING THEM BOTH BACK." and "RICK IS STILL THE COACH."

Matta doesn’t scare me in the least. He’s been shit recently and he’s in poor health.

Last edited:
From Gregg Doyel

And the basketball team needed new shoes. Needed new practice jerseys, too. That’s what the kid’s coaches were telling the assistant from Louisville.

A few days later, boxes arrived in the mail. New shoes. Practice jerseys, too. The boxes were from Adidas, which had an endorsement deal with Louisville.

The day he called, I told Pitino that story. He said it wasn’t true, and if it was true, he had nothing to do with it. He’d talk to his assistant, but he knew his assistants. He hired men of character, he told me, and only men of character. He told me I’d heard wrong.

This is a story that seems especially relevant this week given the story breaking all over college basketball, that schools have been using a sneaker company to funnel money to recruits. One of those schools was Louisville. Pitino is the coach at Louisville, or was, until the school fired him Wednesday – one day after the news broke of the massive FBI investigation into college basketball that included, of all things, Louisville and an Adidas executive.

Jesus. Tom Crean stumbling into two blue chip jobs
Worth noting that this will have Louisville fans for awhile continually saying things like "I THINK THEY'LL BRING THEM BOTH BACK." and "RICK IS STILL THE COACH."

Awww damn, the "Still my Coach" FB memes are going to be so obnoxious.

Yet amusing.

LOL at all the media members breathlessly "reporting" that this is AN EARTH-SHATTERING DEVELOPMENT. It may lead to something, but there's no way to know at this point. It could be completely insignificant. It's a subpoena. You can subpoena almost anything in a situation like this for almost any reason, no matter how minor. It's a fishing expedition at this point. Calm down, nerds.

Reactions: Century Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT