ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Rays/Red Sox on tap today. Nice fella at the box office comped a pair of lowers for us due to the hurricane. Braves and Marlins are giving away tickets to evacuees the rest of the season.

-Opened the Lower Keys back up today. It's probably going to be mayhem. They can barely support the people that are there now. Bad idea in my opinion. Good luck down there folks.

-Blows my mind seeing people I know create gofundme pages just saying I'm out of work and running out of money...okay so get a job wherever you evacuated to. Not to mention, a few of these people are out drinking 7 days a week and one just returned from a month long European vacation. SCH.

-Glad I didn't go over to the neighbors to watch the fight and instead stayed on the couch for the UT/USC game. Good stuff, given I didn't put it on until it was really good.

I really don't drink at all anymore, but yesterday while at the grocery I bought a six pack and some steaks. I only had 2 beers and feel like shit, but it's not really a hangover though.

-I bought one of those 60" 4K tvs over Labor Day weekend and then realized the 4K effect needs to be purchased from the cable provider(?) and a sound bar is a must(?). Extremely disappointed watching games with a computer level sound.

On the bright side putting the leftover 50" TV in your kids bedroom sure does keep them out of my hair on gamedays. Really regretting not doing this sooner at this point.

- In order to be home during the week the wife has changed her work schedule so that every other weekend she is at work 6a to 10p Saturday/Sunday with a few shifts in between. Its amazing how much I get done in those two days around the house just to watch her slowly unravel every bit of it. Only a few weeks in to this rotation and I need to muster up something to allow me nothing but fun with the kids on one of those weekends.

- Setting my fantasy football lineups this morning and the genius of the NFL was it used to be condensed to 1 day except for MNF. The constant media coverage was avoidable, but then the NFL went after a more spread out coverage of its product In large part due to the media coverage ratings. If the recent game attendance is of any measure it's for the NFL to get back in its lane of Sunday/MNF only. Being on Thursday not only made the product shittier but it also made the quality of the Thursday night college game shittier too because of the competition.

F you NFL.

I've never really been into redheads but I'd give Stoops a solid wristy at this point.

I love Kentucky Football because being half decent is cause for celebration.

Reactions: Mashburned
Went to a buddies houseboat Friday night and we put down 18 between us. Woke up yesterday, went to shoot some guns at one of his neighbors properties and had a great time. First time I've shot a hand gun. Glock 9mm. Neat.

Got back ronthe boat, drank beer, went to another houseboat that had a big screen on the top deck and watched Rocky Top eat shit.

Back to his boat, steak with Jeff Ruby rub, made some rice with smoked and spicy sassage, drank more, and watched UK win and UL get prison raped.

Slight hangover that has lessened with Smirnoff, and now we are about to head to eat, then I'm off to the airport.

#GBB!

Went to a buddies houseboat Friday night and we put down 18 between us. Woke up yesterday, went to shoot some guns at one of his neighbors properties and had a great time. First time I've shot a hand gun. Glock 9mm. Neat.

Got back ronthe boat, drank beer, went to another houseboat that had a big screen on the top deck and watched Rocky Top eat shit.

Back to his boat, steak with Jeff Ruby rub, made some rice with smoked and spicy sassage, drank more, and watched UK win and UL get prison raped.

Slight hangover that has lessened with Smirnoff, and now we are about to head to eat, then I'm off to the airport.

#GBB!

I like the cut of your jib.

Wife went to the Dwight Yoakam concert last night at Belterra so it was just me and my son.

Grilled steaks and enjoyed the game with some crafties and some Macallan 12 yo.

Looks like we've just a tough ****ing team. No gimmicks, no flash, just plain old kick you in the teeth football.

Unreal...

Looks like we've just a tough ****ing team. No gimmicks, no flash, just plain old kick you in the teeth football.

Unreal...

There was a moment in the fourth quarter when USC was inside the ten and running toward the goal and the defense just swarmed them.

When has that ever happened at UK? Not often.

The difference in coaching between Stoops and Muschamp was ridiculous. The talent was probably about the same but one dude was playing chess and the others checkers.

If this is a jynx, I apologize in advance but this is how a good program is run. It looks essentially the same (if not better) as it did under Rich Brooks except that we don't have the problem that the coach always looks like he'll be retiring this year.

Just solid, smart, consistent football.

Kentucky going on these blood sucking, 3rd down converting, double digit play, 5+ minute drives is something I'm not used to but could get used to pretty quickly.

The brand of Kentucky football is to panic on 3rd down on both sides of the ball. Especially on a conference road game. Steve Johnson never panics, and not enough can be said about the defensive performance on short yardage situations. We're sticking folks. Derrick Baity coming up on run defense and stopping dudes in their tracks is stuff you never see from a defensive back here.

This guy @DCPandC is Sheriff level homer on the USC front. Their inability to recognize that they are simply a mid-lower SEC program is astonishing. A bit of lightning in a bottle under Spurrier and all of the sudden they are the LEGIT!!

Reactions: SAECATFAN
South Carolina has been that way even before Spurrier's brief success there. Believe the joke was something like -> USC has Bama's arrogance and Vandy's trophy case.

And you know it drives them absolutely bonkers that Clemson is THE program right now.

And you know it drives them absolutely bonkers that Clemson is THE program right now.
Clem(p)son is scary good right now. No drop off after winning a title and losing a once in a lifetime playmaker? Dang. Just come to town and whip Lamar and Bobby all casual like. Can't even imagine Gamecock fan, stuck with Muschamp for at least one more season, just lost to a BBall school for 4th season in a row, AA broke his leg. Probably a tough day in the concrete redneck hell hole.

:joy:

A Resolution

INVITING THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY WILDCATS TO PLAY ANY SPORT ANY TIME

WHEREAS, even being ranked as the best team in the country, Kentucky still lost AND
WHEREAS, any University of South Carolina major sports program is far superior to any Kentucky will ever put together, AND
WHEREAS, our mascot is both original and awesome and not just some duplicate of more than 8 other universities across the country, NOW THEREFORE
BE IT RESOLVED by the Student Senate of THE great University of South Carolina
THAT we hereby invite the University of Kentucky to come to Columbia, SC to play anytime in any sport, AND
THAT we further acknowledge our counterparts at Kentucky understand their record their record in the past three games in basketball stands at 0-3, AND
THAT we further acknowledge our counterparts at Kentucky understand their record in the past eleven seasons in football stands at 0-11
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that even under budget duress, we will provide tissues and bandages for the wounded egos, hearts and minds of the wildcat nation

If this is a jynx, I apologize in advance but this is how a good program is run. It looks essentially the same (if not better) as it did under Rich Brooks except that we don't have the problem that the coach always looks like he'll be retiring this year.

Just solid, smart, consistent football.

Pretty sure footballs fans got to this same point last year too, and I'll be damned if the majority acted as if Stoops was a dipshit idiot week 1 and 2.

Amazing the swing of emotion UK football brings out

:fire::fire::fire:

DJ8XmtMX0AE1_mW.jpg:large

We ever going to see any production out of Wynyard? He's a burly dude and has at least set a screen or two in what little we've seen.

Probably not. Kind of wish we still had Humphries, tbh. At least he provided an offensive big off the bench. Now we've got hopes and dreams at the 5 spot and not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT