ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did drive a couple balls in the backyard with the tailwind. Conservative guess, 503 and 523 but off the toe a bit.

don't know why I laughed audibly at this and for more than 2 seconds, but I did. Very nice... and also very sorry... but mostly nice.

* Consistently drove the ball 340, and can control it. Unbelievable, really. Last hole at Champions is a long par 4, water right. Called his shot with a draw and hit it 360. Wedge to 3 feet and made birdie. Bottles the mind.

Most amazing things I have ever read on here, and that says something. A "controlled" 340 yd drive...

I guess the 379 yd explosion I saw DJ hit at Firestone wasn't all that I thought it was.

Willie McGee, Andy Van Slyke, Vince Coleman, Bob Tewksbury, Gene Roof, Jim Fregosi...[cheers][cheers][cheers].

m4QlvWXz1eEW3n18ULuhS0w.jpg

Cardinal_-_Grandstand_from_Left_upperV2T.jpg

You missed where I'm a true Lexintonian now? Legends for this guy. Just a short jaunt over from our already established massive Amazon fulfillment center.

They still trying to move the Legends to the Rupp parking lot or whatever?

...I'm hoping this causes UK to build the most massive bestest on campus arena ever and crush Lexington's downtown dreams leaving them with a minor league baseball park, urban outfitters, and a hole.

Most amazing things I have ever read on here, and that says something. A "controlled" 340 yd drive...

I guess the 379 yd explosion I saw DJ hit at Firestone wasn't all that I thought it was.

I read in the India Times that it was 439 and not 379, dork.

I probably shouldn't but I'm smugly enjoying watching ESPN implode.

They were in the catbird seat to control the last premium television asset from an advertiser's perspective -- live sports.

And those idiots slowly flushed it away by ruining their programming. Instead of having funny people recap sports highlights, they put Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Jackson on to berate everyone and named Bruce Jenner as athlete of the year, or whatever.

Way to run a formerly awesome thing into the ground, shitheads.

Last edited:
-Correct, Max. I was never on-board with a new arena. Renovations? Sure thing. But asking us to fund a 3/4 billion dollar arena because we're jealous of Yum!? Lol. How's that going? About the same way every other publically funded arena or stadium does.

-Grandpa took to me to the Ozzie Canseco game at OCS. That place was awful but I had some great times there.

-The hole is actually filled with a underground parking structure. So about 8-10 more years before we find out what will go on top.

-In a culinary groove right now. Reggie Miller style. Absolutely slayed some beef & broccoli last night.

-Not a big Curb fan so that Orgins podcast is out, although I like Andrews.

-Coffee heads: Give me your home brewed run down? Nixing my SB stop each morning for home brew.

Old Cardinal Stadium was dope. It just was. As 73 said, there was some magic there. Great memories from Dad taking us out for the Redbirds, X/Trinity, State Playoffs/Championships, etc. I accept that this is very much a Louisville thing, because it is, but anyone who grew up here in the second half of the 20th century has a fond memory or two of the venue.

-Coffee heads: Give me your home brewed run down? Nixing my SB stop each morning for home brew.

If you have the patience to take 5 minutes or so each morning to brew manually, I'd suggest a pour-over (Chemex, Bodum, etc.), a burr grinder (I have a Capresso), and your coffee beans of choice. I also like the Aeropress but it's more suited for a single 8-10 ounce cup.

It takes some trial and error to figure out your preferred coffee/water ratio, but before long you'll be making better coffee than the Starbucks baristas. And with all the money you save, you can retire early or open the gyero sports bar or something.

Chemex is the way to go. Buy an electric kettle with a programmable thermostat, set it to 205, grind the beans, put grounds in chemex, pour water over. Takes less than 5 minutes and it's infinitely better than Starbucks burnt ass coffee

Occasionally I go into Starbucks but only on scarf days and after I hit a few bombs on the course to talk about. It's also nice to find out where the newest electric charging station is and talk about how great the new iphone will be.

I've been pounding zzzquil every night for a while now and man that shit is just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT