ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad's staunch defense of Tracy Lawrence reminded me of a time a few years ago where a buddy of mine down here tried to fight a few people that objected to his claim that "Neon Moon" was the greatest country song of all time. It was a late night, fire pit, heavy bourbon type of incident and the next day no apologies were made.

"Paint me a Birmingham" would need to update the lyrics. Basically its "Paint me a gentrified urban area, throw in some craft beer, tapas spots..."

Friday 5:
Coolio- Gangsta's Paradise
John Prine- Paradise
Eagles- Heartache Tonight
Stevie Wonder- Superstition
Allman Bros- Melissa

My favorite chapter in "The Millionaire Next Door" was the one about the guy who sold out his country and then flaunted his yen in its face buying a house in the rolling hills of central Ky, then putting in an in-ground pool that rivals a 5* hotel, then starting his own small reclaimed wood biz (to funnel more yen, presumably).

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Watched a YouTube video this morning on making poached eggs in the microwave. Takes 60 seconds, and can't tell the difference between doing it that way or sous vide.

60 seconds. Man. What a boon to my mornings.

Watched a YouTube video this morning on making poached eggs in the microwave. Takes 60 seconds, and can't tell the difference between doing it that way or sous vide.

What's the best way to spam in Beaver Dam?

Link, mfer.

Along those lines, I once read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, and my #1 conclusion is, what an absolute prick.

I'll bet his real father really appreciates Kiyosaki building an entire brand / books / seminars / infomercials / by belittling his real dad's income and financial acumen.

I could do the same by belittling Chief's.

In fact, thanks for the idea.

Licensed+Esthetician.jpg

Facebook+B.jpg

It makes no fiscal sense whatsoever for me to continue to make a K Fund donation every spring and pay for my season tickets. Especially since the lass will go to maybe one game a year. My seats are great but I could save decent coin and get good tickets for every game without season tix.

I mainly do it out of loyalty and wanting to feel like I contribute. I do like sitting in the same seats for every game and have gotten to know the people around me, which I look forward to seeing again tomorrow afternoon.

Felt pretty good about letting my UK football tix lapse last year. Feel even better this year.

I mean, our Orange Lot tailgates were dope and I will miss tearing it up every weekend... but it just isn't worth it anymore.

I'll be good for a game or two every year going forward and an occasional roadie but that's it.

I feel season tickets are like taxes. We get charged a heavy rate to keep the program going, while everyone else gets to skirt around on cheap or even free tickets.

Really begs the question why we do this.

- Poached eggs are the worst eggs.

- Certified Meteorologist Anth is right outside my Top 5 Anths, behind only...

* Smug Mature Anth
* I Never Complain About Service But The Service Sucked Smug Anth
* Smug Training Mode Anth
* Hammered Muttering "I have kids!" Pre-George Anth
* Fat Fun Anth

- You're GD right my defense of Tracy Lawrence was staunch.

- Like what we've heard about the Barrett visit.

- If I had more time, I would have made BBdK a Happy Birthday picture collage on Facebook like all the hussies do.

- wcc's "It's the little things in life" Top 5:

1. Cheap portable Anker speakers that connect automatically to your phone

2. Saturday mornings in September and October

3. Homemade Old Fashioneds

4. Being a diehard sports fan and the joys and rewards only those of us who are experience

5. Dogs

One of the things I look forward to the most in life is when I can turn the thermostat to the "off" position. Sorry Anth- but there isnt a much better feeling than that.

Crack them windows open, bitch let that cool breeze flow.
This time of year is amazing. In 6 weeks when the sun is down at 6p and it's rainy/dark/with winter staring us in the face GGP.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Top WCChad's

1. Aughts go on road trips and tailgates WCC
2. Refuse to pay cover WCC
3. Mayor of Mt. Adams WCC
4. Brings sexy Blasian to Christmas party WCC
5. Travel extraordinaire WCC

Current "grumpy almost married WCC" is making a strong push.

Those are some damn good wccs.

-Microwaved poached eggs do work.

-I think I'm still friends with Sexy Blasian on Facebook.

-I've been non-stop weather channel watching for 3 days. Maybe I should have been the family meteorologist.

-No tailgate tomorrow with Bike to Beat Cancer and early kickoff. Me and G will be at the start line for the race and then will come back for the game and tailgate at our neighbor's house on Scoville. Extrav back in full effect for Florida game. Gator gumbo.

My top 5 WCChads

1. Motorboatin Chad
2. Drinking game Chad
3. Band rocking Chad
4. Hot tubbin Chad
5. Porsche ride Chad

Reactions: wcc31
Usually Week 2 in college football isn't filled with marquee games but man tomorrow we get UGA vs ND, Oklahoma vs The Fighting Willly's, & Auburn vs Clemson.

Listening to Mags Free Money Podcast ystdy has me itching to start the gambol process on college football again. Guess the days of having a local bookie are long gone and everyone goes the Bovada route?

Mizzou -.2.5 vs S Carolina? I would take S Carolina.

Clemson only -5 at home vs Auburn?

Tempting.

I see that Wildcat Willy resorts to supporting charity on the week that his alma mater faces the Cayts.

Shrewd move.

I want the Cats to win by 50+, then the Colonels to run the table and bring home a third National Championship to the town that Mashburned built.

My art education does not interfere with my fan loyalty. But, man, if the Cats were to play my tOSU, err Bucknuts, in the championship game.... I don't know what I'd do, you guys.

Reactions: funKYcat75
I mean, what was art class like at Eastern?

Did you draw pictures of tractors, portraits of livestock, landscapes of hollers?

I mean, what was art class like at Eastern?

Did you draw pictures of tractors, portraits of livestock, landscapes of hollers?

Believe it or not, Roberto, EKU had a fantastic art program in the early 90's.

As is the case in pretty much all art classes, the first couple of years we mainly drew, painted and sculpted nude models and a still-life or two.

You, of all people, would've loved the boobies.

In one painting class we did travel to the instructor's cabin in Berea every now and then to paint landscapes.

My last couple of years, I did a lot of illustrating and typography type projects. Nothing was based on the location of the school, which is actually smack dab on I-75 and not in the mountainous region of Appalachia as the name "Eastern Kentucky" would suggest.

I hope I answered your questions thoroughly, my man.

I'm trying to get pumped for the EKU game, but man it is tough.

Just hoping for an ass-whupping in the first half with a chance for Bowden, AJ Rose, Barker, etc to get some run in the second half and not a repeat of 2015 where we barely beat them 34-27.

Believe it or not, Roberto, EKU had a fantastic art program in the early 90's.

As is the case in pretty much all art classes, the first couple of years we mainly drew, painted and sculpted nude models and a still-life or two.

You, of all people, would've loved the boobies.

In one painting class we did travel to the instructor's cabin in Berea every now and then to paint landscapes.

My last couple of years, I did a lot of illustrating and typography type projects. Nothing was based on the location of the school, which is actually smack dab on I-75 and not in the mountainous region of Appalachia as the name "Eastern Kentucky" would suggest.

I hope I answered your questions thoroughly, my man.

Tell 'em Willy. I am tired of the prejudice against EKU. I think at least both of us are doing pretty damn well for ourselves with a pool and pergola.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT