ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK art department was an absolute goldmine of tail back in the day.

Took some serious sorting of nutjobs, obviously, but man, that was a mint.

We didn't have a lot of beauties in the EKU art department, but there were a few.

Freshman year, an absolute smokeshow took a real interest in me after we all introduced ourselves and told where we were from, etc.

Turns out, backstage passes were printed in my hometown of Dayton, KY. Somehow, she knew this. Why would some hot chick from Nowhere, KY know this?

Because she was a GD touching groupie and was more than proud to tell everyone about it.

18-yr old Colonel Willy was a bit on the naive side and failed to pursue this. She had sex with rock stars... gross, right? Idiot.

She was so hot. Long blonde hair. Wore these black leather pants. Touch.

I did walk across The Campus Beautiful with her to class every Monday and Wednesday. How do you Friend Zone a groupie? Asshole.

She only lasted one semester at EKU, but damn. It was glorious.

but I'm not sure what the WKU art department is famed for. .

iu

We didn't have a lot of beauties in the EKU art department, but there were a few.

Freshman year, an absolute smokeshow took a real interest in me after we all introduced ourselves and told where we were from, etc.

Turns out, backstage passes were printed in my hometown of Dayton, KY. Somehow, she knew this. Why would some hot chick from Nowhere, KY know this?

Because she was a GD touching groupie and was more than proud to tell everyone about it.

18-yr old Colonel Willy was a bit on the naive side and failed to pursue this. She had sex with rock stars... gross, right? Idiot.

She was so hot. Long blonde hair. Wore these black leather pants. Touch.

I did walk across The Campus Beautiful with her to class every Monday and Wednesday. How do you Friend Zone a groupie? Asshole.

She only lasted one semester at EKU, but damn. It was glorious.

Was it the AIDS or the grades?

Reactions: Mashburned
There were a fairly large % of "students" that were never seen again after that first Christmas break of their post HS education in Richmond, KY.

Never gave most of them a second thought. But I did used to wonder what happened to her from time to time.

I know the good Dr. Boat was joking, but AIDS wouldn't surprise me. More than likely she failed out and/or got knocked up, but who knows? dat ass doh.

Don Williams passing makes me sad. Dude was genuinely great and had the smoothest voice in country music.

"... and those Williams boys they still mean a lot to me... Hank and Tennessee."

One of my favorite memories was taking my dad and his date to see Don Williams at the Executive Inn in Owensboro before they tore the place down. Afterwards, my dad overheard me mentioning going to a karaoke bar, and told me to take them with me. Sang Merle Haggard (Okie), Hank Jr (Family Tradition), John Prine (Paradise), and a Gene Watson tune called Farewell Party that was his favorite. Good times.

Going to a wedding in Lexington tommorow and I just accidentally shaved my head (I thought the 3/32" "Who ya foolin?" guard was on and took a big swipe.)

I have now joined the bald brotherhood for good and expect some mighty mighty fine treatment from fellow GYEROBALDO'S from here on out.

Luckily, I do not look like Ed Harris in "The Firm." With a melon like that, he has to go the, "Ed Harris Route."

Don Williams passing makes me sad. Dude was genuinely great and had the smoothest voice in country music.

"... and those Williams boys they still mean a lot to me... Hank and Tennessee."

The most effortless good singer of that genre IMO. That's the first song (and line) that came to mind for me when I heard of his passing. Been playing his songs the rest of the night. Underrated.

Montgomery Gentry's first album, Tattoos and Scars, is an all time great country record. Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years since it debuted.

It came out at such a great time, too. The late 90's country scene was starting to get pretty soft (Keith Urban, et al). Then these couple dudes from Kentucky show up on the scene and change all that.

I mean, their first single was about as good as it gets if you like your country on the harder side: .

Wife this morning: "You can watch the UK game, but it's too pretty to sit inside all day. After that we should go somewhere."

Heady ass player TransyCat: "You're right" *waits an hour, starts scrubbing shower, sinks, etc with no hint of ulterior motive while she's getting ready"

Wife: "OMG TransyCat, you're the best! I think I'll do some writing today, you just sit back and watch football!"

[smoke][cheers]:cool2:

Wife this morning: "You can watch the UK game, but it's too pretty to sit inside all day. After that we should go somewhere."

Heady ass player TransyCat: "You're right" *waits an hour, starts scrubbing shower, sinks, etc with no hint of ulterior motive while she's getting ready"

Wife: "OMG TransyCat, you're the best! I think I'll do some writing today, you just sit back and watch football!"

[smoke][cheers]:cool2:
On your way to becoming a real GYEROMAN, youngblood

I know the feeling, Transy. Wife wanted to go walking around downtown for some Art festival.

Me: How about we go to B3 (bacon, bourbon, beer) instead? Gets on Groupon, buys two tickets and now we're set.

I'll be recording OSU/OK to watch in a buzzed fury when I get home.

My wife was on our porch drinking bourbon with the PTA last night until about midnight so I am in the black

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT