ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever used the Search feature on SnapChat? I stumbled upon it on accident the other day, didn't even know it existed. One of the tabs pulls up the feeds from whatever is around you. Restaurants, Bars, Events, concerts, etc...even strip clubs...and organizes them by category.

Anyways, 'Cole's Place' comes up near the top, and it is INCREDIBLE. It's like watching an old Cash Money video, except it's real. Highly recommend.

Speaking of apps, saw a pretty cool one the other day. If you're watching TV at the bar, you walk up to the TV and it scans off your phone, then somehow picks up that station . You then go back to your table and have the sound too that particular game.

Tunity

If there's an iPhone app that will auto sync the UK radio broadcasts to the TV, I'm all ears, as long as you don't have to plug in cables of any type.

People really don't see that he does this literally every single day. Never once have I seen him give credit, or remotely act like he wasn't the one who came up with it.

Samantha+Ruddy.jpg

Bret+Bearup.jpg

be sure to thank all the journalists who are out reporting on the storm as they remind us via social media that they are still out reporting on the storm

More needy of thanks...

(A) Journalists,
(B) Cops,
(C) Veterans, or
(D) Teachers

Pretty tough call, tbh.

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, you can insert the word some before each of the categories.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
More needy of thanks...

(A) Journalists,
(B) Cops,
(C) Veterans, or
(D) Teachers

Pretty tough call, tbh.

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, you can insert the word some before each of the categories.

Gotta be teachers- queens of the humblebrag.

Reactions: natron20
I'm looking forward to the day when Chase or SAE ends up with a Marine for a son in law.

Sometime they'll let their feelings for veterans be known, and sonny boy will stick the casual shoe for yachyting of the day up their ass.

Tiger/Phil?

My Brother-In-Law is a veteran, Doc. Great guy and I appreciate his service, just as I appreciate yours. But not everyone is a hero, and not everyone needs to be worshipped to be appreciated. By calling every Tom, Dick and Harry who joins the military a hero, you're making the term meaningless.

If GI Johnson joins up to get his education paid for, gets stationed in Germany or Hawaii drinking beer and chasing tail, you'll have to excuse me for not sucking him off for his service. It's appreciated, but I'm not going to give him a reach around. He was paid, was he not?

As I've said for years around here, the deification of soldiers and cops is ridiculous, embarrassing, and nauseating. If you want to construe that as me hating cops and hating soldiers, then that's on you. Learn critical thinking.

Bearup is/was an odd dude. Pretty sure everybody he invited back to his hotel after the Music City bowl came to the same conclusion.

You don't get to be a hero because you chose a certain profession. It takes more than that.

*And for the record, that isn't directed personally at you. I have no idea what you did or didn't do over there, and I wouldn't presume to assume anything at all about your service. For all I know, you saved a bunch of lives over there and I really should be kissing your ass. My point is about the overall attitude in the country, particularly since 9/11.

(a) Compromise your freedoms/privacy/rights because HOMELAND SECURITY.
(b) Don't question military actions because PATRIOTISM.
(c) Worship cops and soldiers because DANGER.

I'd have a problem if Alan Jackson's 9/11 song was a vet but thankfully that's a ridiculous proposition.

I know this is a gyero thing, but I'm just saying...yeah the military pays you a salary and offers an education and benefits. Most of these enlisted kids aren't making much. When you consider they are getting deployed from home away from friends and family for 6-15 months at a time to the shitholes of the earth where they could very easily be killed every touching day by people that would love to come over here and do unspeakable things to your family...I'll cut them a little slack.

Johnny asshole football player from high school can serve a purpose.

I will say this: teachers have a pretty sweet gig to be honest.

I'm sure they have to deal with really hard and heart-breaking situations in their professional life and feel under-appreciated and under-paid. But that is pretty much the par for most professions.

And most professions don't give you summers off.

Reactions: rudd1
Typically people worship the volunteers of the military for doing something they aren't willing to do. For that service if shit hit the fan the volunteers would be front line while everyday citizens would have to be drafted to serve our country.

For that alone, regardless of what happens while on duty, the worship is deserved.

:americanflag: :americanflag: :americanflag:

Last edited:
Cops and military folks literally risk their lives while in the line and scope of what they do.

Journalists have to stay up late writing articles and also sometimes they miss (free) flights and eat subpar (free) food at arenas and stadiums while being paid to watch sports.

Six of one, really.

-im pro military. The over the top stuff is nauseating. Its basically virtue signaling for right-wingers(im a righty myself). No different than my emasculated chevy chase neighbors "nomatterwhereyouarefromimgladyouremyneighbor" signs when they know unequivocally that they arent going to have to deal with the consequences of unfettered immigration in their enclave.

-re: cops. They dont risk their lives everyday. They primarily observe and report...they dont protect anything concretely. They are necessary and appreciated...but not monolithically heroic. The people who build your buildings/roads are much more likely to die on the job.

-teachers: Your schedule is fantastic and you are rarely judged on merit. Hush.

-journalists: gtfo. Circle jerk.

-teachers: Your schedule is fantastic and you are rarely judged on merit. Hush.
True on all of that, and that's coming from a teacher. Those complaining about working insane hours after school are just doing it wrong. Some folks (not necessarily here) will be happy to hear that Bevin is about to ruin our retirement, so there's that.

Reactions: TriangleUKCat
I can't imagine worrying every single day for the rest of my life that my financial well being rests entirely in the wits and whims of elected commonwealth officials. And then years from now, when I'm dead and buried, all that money I worked my entire life for is gone, with not even a penny left for my heirs to give me a proper burial.

In other words --> GFY, pension systems.

Learn 401k like the rest of the modern world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT