ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could buy someone on Amazon that could make all of my Amazon purchases for me. I waste way too much time doing all of that on my own.

With their automated purchasing algorithms in place, I assumed they were already in the business of ordering things for you that you didn't even know you needed.

K-Gar is Keith Garrett, right? He was on a new podcast with KAT talking about the Wisconsin game.

Correct... it was pretty cool. No idea how I got picked for it and couldn't believe they used my sound bites to open the podcast.

It was me, KAT, KAT's parents and Tipton. Of course Tipton found a way to throw shade ... saying BBN was always worried the NCAA wouldn't allow a perfect season... he went as far as saying Calipari fed that thought.

Other than that, I thought it was great. KAT and his parents were great

Very well put together, almost like a 30 for 30 15 minute audio version. Check it here if your so inclined

-Quade looks small in that crowd, almost Ulis-like.

-Buddy who attended the father-son camp (atlantahappycat) said Vando was the crowd favorite, followed closely by Shai. Also Wenyen.

-The best point that Feinstein made is what I've been thinking all along. The NCAA created the fictional term "student-athlete" in the early 1900s, so that it wouldn't have to pay workers' comp to players who were being maimed on the football field (interesting coincidence). This is explained very well in the book The Cartel that came out about 8 years ago.

Having hung its entire identity / RAISON D'ETRY on regulating "student-athletes" for the past 100 years, the NCAA is completely intertwined with academics, and there's no separating it. It's very simple. UNC EAD.

-Quade looks small in that crowd, almost Ulis-like.

-Buddy who attended the father-son camp (atlantahappycat) said Vando was the crowd favorite, followed closely by Shai. Also Wenyen.

-The best point that Feinstein made is what I've been thinking all along. The NCAA created the fictional term "student-athlete" in the early 1900s, so that it wouldn't have to pay workers' comp to players who were being maimed on the football field (interesting coincidence). This is explained very well in the book The Cartel that came out about 8 years ago.

Having hung its entire identity / RAISON D'ETRY on regulating "student-athletes" for the past 100 years, the NCAA is completely intertwined with academics, and there's no separating it. It's very simple. UNC EAD.

The most amazing thing to me is that UNC fans- the biggest NCAA nerds of all-time no fewer than 8 years ago- are so adamant that the NCAA has no power. Where are the self righteous NCAA Bible-swearing bitches I grew up loathing?

They're grasping at technicalities with ZERO shame. North Carolina fans. This is hilarious.

As much as I hate Louisville, they never have acted like they were virginal (hell they couldn't). Carolina's bullshit is much much worse. They're the politician railing on his bully pulpit against gays and then getting wristers from random dudes the next day at a highway rest stop.

Loving all of it here in Raleigh. Reveling with my Wolfpack friends who were mostly pessimistic previously that anything would ever happen. They have hope now.

Wife is an anesthesiologist at UNC. She had a patient yesterday who was talking with the nurses about all of it and then told my wife "after I wake up from this, I'm hoping to find it was all a bad dream."

Sorry, bitch.

I actually talked to several ex NFL players last month about this very issue, inc. a prominent HOF'er. They knew the risks...perhaps not the extent of the long term consequences (that are still debatable in regards to direct correlation to CTE) but they knew the hazards of playing, concussions, etc. But in those days, they kept playing...the protocols weren't in place. I also play golf with a 4 time pro bowler who had a knack for extremely physical play...he knew the risks.

And cease with the insults...or don't, if that makes you a bigger person.
I dunno you guys, this research by UKO seems pretty scientific.

The UNC people I'm friends with are alums, not the typical UNC fan, and most of them are pretty fed up with the whole thing- not the NCAA but with their school. So the smart ones get it I guess.

Tommy hates my guts, but I wish we could delve a little deeper in the role of campaign managers and American politics. Pretty interesting.

Last edited:
- Once again- props to "Last Chance U"- really getting into these kids stories this year. As expected but a lot of these dudes had it rough growing up.

- "Beer of the Month" club is awesome. In-laws got it for me for my birthday for the second time.

Gotta say, I love the D-line coach.

Tim Bonner wow...man the subtitles when he talks.

Coach Buddy throwing out players mom during the game :flushed:

Nobody talking bout CTE in this show. Bet the producers are in on the fix.

Last edited:
Thought Last Chance U was kinda boring this year until the final couple episodes. Ollie made a 2 minute cameo but I'm sure summed up everyone's opinion of the coach with his '**** that boy' comment, that guy needs his own show.

Reactions: paintrain_cat
To paraphrase the late, great Mitch Hedberg, if we all did a weirdness test right now, my name would be right in the f*cking middle.

The only GYERO'er pics/photoshops I've ever saved over the years are:

DrBoat_zps0591b0b9.jpg

TGH_zpsem8wdvmu.jpg

chad_is_cold.jpg

bbdk_stands.jpg

UKO.jpg

Um... 3 of the episodes are about Isiah having a concussion.

According to the recently published study:

"Linemen knock heads on most plays, and those who study brain trauma say the accumulation of seemingly benign, non-violent blows — rather than head-jarring concussions alone — probably causes C.T.E."

So what are your thoughts on Diffusion tensor imaging, Dr Anth?

What is cole6969 even arguing? Are we saying that we didn't expect NFL players to have some nagging injuries post play? Of course not. But did we expect a very large percentage (that we don't even know yet) of them to have crippling brain trauma that resulted in a significantly shorter life? Hell no. Lots of players even said as much, most recently Warren Sapp and Bo Jackson who said he'll never let his children play organized football.

It's like that movie supersize me about the guy that ate McDonald's everyday for 6 months and then took a physical and the doctor told him he was suffering from early signs of liver and kidney failure. People that didn't even watch the movie were arguing (for some reason) "Well of course Mcfonalds isn't healthy what did you expect!!" Well sure we expected the guy to get fat and pimply but not for his GD internal organs to start shutting down. After that movie McDonald's completely changed their menu and processing. It's the same thing with these football players that are dying at age 50 in horrible ways like violent suicides. To even argue this makes no sense to me unless you're just trying to be a contrarian douchebag.

What is cole6969 even arguing? Are we saying that we didn't expect NFL players to have some nagging injuries post play? Of course not. But did we expect a very large percentage (that we don't even know yet) of them to have crippling brain trauma that resulted in a significantly shorter life? Hell no. Lots of players even said as much, most recently Warren Sapp and Bo Jackson who said he'll never let his children play organized football.

It's like that movie supersize me about the guy that ate McDonald's everyday for 6 months and then took a physical and the doctor told him he was suffering from early signs of liver and kidney failure. People that didn't even watch the movie were arguing (for some reason) "Well of course Mcfonalds isn't healthy what did you expect!!" Well sure we expected the guy to get fat and pimply but not for his GD internal organs to start shutting down. After that movie McDonald's completely changed their menu and processing. It's the same thing with these football players that are dying at age 50 in horrible ways like violent suicides. To even argue this makes no sense to me unless you're just trying to be a contrarian douchebag.

Lmao

People are pussy. You can eat mcdonalds every day for your life and comfortably live to about 40-50 which is a damn good life. Dogs live to like 10-15 and they have the best lives. Quit whining.

And who are these football players dying at 50?

You know a group of folks who have a lot of issues nobody talks about on this sort of scale? Soldiers.

And what's up with fat comedians? Rockstars are dying left and right. AND THE BEES?!? Let's not even get started on the bees.

My idiot in-laws allow - nay, damn near force - my 8-year-old nephew to play tackle football. Went to a game once and it was a complete and utter shitshow across the board.

Motivational insults.

You said, "Nobody talking bout CTE in this show. Bet the producers are in on the fix."

Which they clearly spent the better part of 3 episodes dramatically following how the staff handled Isaiah's head injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT