ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan Spurlock didn't get sick and gain weight because he ate McDonalds every day, he got sick and gained weight because he ate 5000+ calories every single day without attempting to do any exercise.

"These numbers are absolutely outrageous. For the first time we’re seeing uric acid elevated, so you’re giving yourself hyperurecemia and the danger of hyperurecemia is gout, kidney stones. The results for your liver are obscene beyond anything I would have thought"

That was after 21 days from his physician. And I was wrong, he only ate McDonald's for 30 days not six months. Good to know we have a bunch of NFL and McDonald's and big pharma apologists on here, any one here a big tobacco guy as well?

Reactions: Mossip
My idiot in-laws allow - nay, damn near force - my 8-year-old nephew to play tackle football. Went to a game once and it was a complete and utter shitshow across the board.

At least he's not playing soccer, especially at that age. Football is much safer...assuming they're not knocking heads in practice like 4 year olds knock headers around every practice.

CigsInHospitals-1024x576.jpg

"These numbers are absolutely outrageous. For the first time we’re seeing uric acid elevated, so you’re giving yourself hyperurecemia and the danger of hyperurecemia is gout, kidney stones. The results for your liver are obscene beyond anything I would have thought"

That was after 21 days from his physician. And I was wrong, he only ate McDonald's for 30 days not six months. Good to know we have a bunch of NFL and McDonald's and big pharma apologists on here, any one here a big tobacco guy as well?
And he ate it 3 times a day, getting the largest size possible for a decent percentage of meals and purposefully did no physical activity. The only people who do that in the real world are 600+ lbs or dead. McDonald's will not shut down your effing internal organs. Eating 5000 calories, 1200+ carbs, not lifting a finger except to stuff food in your gullet will shut your organs down. Much in the same way playing football for 30 years (15 at the highest levels) may cause serious brain injury; while playing peewee football and riding the bench through high school isn't likely to do shit

I know it's annoying and worn out, but IDGAF. This discussion continues to amaze and confound me.

On one hand, you've got so many people screaming "WELL, OF COURSE FOOTBALL IS UNSAFE FOR YOU! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!!!"

While at the same time, many of those same people, and the NFL itself, continue to insist they need more info to connect CTE and playing the sport. And now you've got Transy who thinks playing it as a child can't cause brain injury.

Slamming your head into stuff, at any age, regardless of the device wrapped around your mug, is bad for you. End of discussion. For pete's f'ing sake, can't we all at least agree on that?

I didn't say it can't. I said it's unlikely to cause serious damage in the overwhelming (as in 99%) majority of people who play football below the college level. You're relying on scans that show differences between non-player brains and player brains without understanding or explaining what that actually means.

If your scan shows damage but you never show any symptoms or adverse affects, then you have to explain that. It's not just random luck that someone with supposedly severe brain damage is able to live another 70 years after peewee football without ever showing a single symptom.

Slamming your head into stuff, at any age, regardless of the device wrapped around your mug, is bad for you. End of discussion. For pete's f'ing sake, can't we all at least agree on that?
I don't know, ask the researcher for the study posted above as evidence that football is bad for kids

Stitzel’s argument is that there’s not definitive proof that youth football is bad for most kids.

Stitzel’s argument is that there’s not definitive proof that youth football is bad for most kids.

Well if that doesn't inspire confidence I don't know what does! So sounds like there is only air tight definitive evidence that it causes brain damage in some kids and that it's cloudy for the rest of them, where can I sign my kid up!

Well if that doesn't inspire confidence I don't know what does! So sounds like there is only air tight definitive evidence that it causes brain damage in some kids and that it's cloudy for the rest of them, where can I sign my kid up!
Probably the same place tens of millions of other kids over the past 50 or so years have without being turned into vegetables.

Reactions: rudd1
Friday 5:
1. Tom Petty- Mary Jane
2. Poison- Nothin but a Good Time
3. Doobie Brothers- Listen to the Music
4. Joe Walsh- Life's Been Good
5. Queen- Somebody to Love

What's everyone got lined up for Keeneland this fall? Looks like there are a couple Keeneland/Football doubles out there for the taking.

We continue to go from 100+ degree temps to biblical downpours. Nothing in between. Summer has been pretty much a waste as far as getting outside. There was some pretty wild flooding over W&W's way yesterday and we havent seen a post from him since so he's likely washed away.

Took a day off work yesterday to finally finish fixing roof flashing on the chimney and other vents in the roof. Shout out to the Little Giant Ladder which made it all possible. Most versatile ladder in the game.

Thinking of joining a bowling league.

^^^ Can you imagine how bonkers JoeyTheBonz was watching this? Imagine it was similar to the rest of us when Tay was getting his puppies set.

Always thought the no-smoking laws & general culture change probably affected bowling alleys more than just about anyone, but could be wrong. Then again, it opened a nice(er)atmosphere up to the majority & their families to enjoy, so maybe it helped?

I remember barely even being able to SEE inside our hometown alley when I was growing up, almost like you were required to purchase a pack from the old lady along w/ your shoes.

Bowling is one of the most fun random social things nobody ever remembers to do, imo.

I don't recall this ever being the argument...or disputed.

Always thought the no-smoking laws & general culture change probably affected bowling alleys more than just about anyone, but could be wrong. Then again, it opened a nice(er)atmosphere up to the majority & their families to enjoy, so maybe it helped?

I remember barely even being able to SEE inside our hometown alley when I was growing up, almost like you were required to purchase a pack from the old lady along w/ your shoes.

Bowling is one of the most fun random social things nobody ever remembers to do, imo.

STFU

It's hard as hell to pin down actual contract info for the lesser guys, but have seen from a few difference places that Darius Miller's is 4.3M over 2 years?

If so, that's pretty damn wodie for him. Looks like his 3pt shooting over in Germany had him considering offers from Houston & Orlando as well. :)

Last edited:
Work function last night -- it was an industry/trade association organization fundraiser. Trivia competition.

One of our guys is like a 10-time Jeopardy champ (and did so in college), including a win or two in the Tournament of Champions.

So we won, in other words. People like this dude blow my mind. It didn't even matter the topic, he always had some tidbit of info about root words and sounding stuff out and comparing things that somehow led to him making a super educated guess. Crazy.

Work function last night -- it was an industry/trade association organization fundraiser. Trivia competition.
One of our guys is like a 10-time Jeopardy champ (and did so in college), including a win or two in the Tournament of Champions.
Maverick emails PTI(pti) to recruit new teammate.
F**K YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT -- IS HE GONNA BE IN NEW ORLEANS ON AUGUST 26TH? C'MON MAN, CAN YOU HOOK A WILDCAT FRIEND UP OR WHAT?

While we're on Trivia, Bowling, and other marquee sports -- I caught the end of the WSOP Main event last night. :eyes: at what those purses have become, Christ.

Fat dude in the Dockers polo & Lee jeans w/ the smooth suckout to finish took home 8.5M, and the poor homeless-looking guy who lost had to settle for 4.5M. Rest of the top 10 also pocketed 7figs.

Reactions: _Chase_
Bowling is fun I guess. It's kind of gross too. Can you imagine having to check out used shoes to play ball at the gym? And putting your fingers in the holes that a 1000 other people have...I don't know just weird me out a bit.

2 friends and I play trivia every Tuesday. Good wholesome fun. We win 8 out of 10 times too. Solid $30 off our food and drink tab.:sunglasses:

Mitchell Robinson :victory:

And here I thought he was really dedicated to "The Hill" and thought it was the pinnacle of college life like a bunch of kids from Tompkinsville.

Reactions: grantbob
Headed to ZOMG NASHVILLE!1 tomorrow mng to hang out with my sister and bro in law. They have a 5 month old and we're bringing the Lil lass so the cousins can hang with a babysitter all day while we hit up downtown for some fun.

They're going to go to the futbol exhibition at Nissan Stadium around 5:00 while the lass and I continue to bounce around downtown.

Haven't hung out in Nashville since we played WKU there in 2013. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT