ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, dK- what a horrible experience- being outside on the riverfront listening to live music.

Looking into a week long trip end of August. Would like to try something new. Considering wine country, Boston, Charlestown, Bahamas...
3 solid choices. Can't really go wrong. Would certainly like to see Iceland in a short trip, maybe a layover to Europe.

-Prime Day.

-Not aware of the "bottles" reference.

Boston would be solid. So much history, great bars and restaurants, Fenway, Hahvahd, and you can even take a day trip up to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont or even down to Newport, R.I. or the casiner at Foxwoods in CT.

Just stay away from the Aquarium. Unless you want reinforcement on not having kids.

Reactions: drxman1
-as a point of fact Vermont was unseasonably warm in the movie White Christmas....providing the impetus for Bing Crosby and Danny f***ing Kaye putting on a show to raise funds for the General's floundering Inn.

That General always bugged me. I mean, what a whining, hand-wringing woman he turned out to be, once he got out of the Army. He probably should have just hung himself from one of those Maple trees and saved everyone a lot of trouble.

Yes, dK- what a horrible experience- being outside on the riverfront listening to live music.

Oh -- Which days are you going? Only supposed to be 94, should be a dandy of a time. (Please take lots of pics to share lol)

Top 5 Bands I'd see IF (and only if) I got Richie's setup:

1.) Caterpillar Tricycles
2.) WormWood Sauce
3.) Leftover Pizza
4.) Helium Electrical Crutches
5.) Purple Toothpaste

HM: Waka Flaka Flame

Last edited:
Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Boston is not a week long trip. Take Padre's advise and see rest of New England. Newport, if sight seeing, is a day trip, but big party atmosphere at night. Good food. Providence is a dump but some great food sights. Recommend Cape, Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket before or after Boston. This would make the trip worthwhile.

Reactions: GrandePdre
I saw where they're remaking Flatliners. Are there no original scripts anymore? Within the next 5 years, I'm guessing all the following movies will be remade:

Cliffhanger
Cocktail
Tombstone
The Rock
Twister
Ghost (everything else with PSwaz is getting remade)

I guess it's a form of recycling.

I have compiled all the junk worth buying on Amazon Prime Day, ywia.

91zJvnomfzL._SX466_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B012Z2NO58

Wanting to take my boys on a baseball stadium trip before school starts. Looking for a relatively easy drive (5-6 hrs tops) so that basically narrows it down to
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
St Louis
Atlanta
Chicago
Any others I'm missing? Gotta think Wrigley would be the coolest but probably also the most expensive? Also my son despises kris Bryant so maybe not worth it.

go the extra (200) mile(s) and take your boys to see bryce mash in DC. i hope you have a great time with your sons and they appreciate the time they will get to spend with you awesome idea man. have a great tuesday!!

Reactions: B Rax
Cross Atlanta off- the new stadium is nice but its not in a very cool area- unless you are just wanting to go to the baseball game then back to the hotel, its not a really desirable trip.

Pitt's stadium and the area is really cool- underrated even.

StL is aight, Wrigley is Wrigley (you can always find cheaper tickets close to game time). Taking your kids to Cleveland would be a really poor choice.

55 inch 4k TV on Prime Day... Havent bought a new TV since 2007.

If it's a weekend trip, marcus welby be a superdad and plan it so you can catch a game at Camden AND Nationals Park -- they're just 40 miles apart.

Agency Manager here went up 2 weeks ago for his yearly "cross a stadium off" trip w/ his guys, and that's what they did. Stayed in Baltimore, hit up an Orioles game -- then, caught an Uber to the Nationals game the next day (there is a train available as well). Of course, if you drive you'll have your dope ass MiniVan.

I'm sure Bonzo could help you out w/ the ideal logistics, he's lived there his entire life & is the biggest Nationals fan I know. Can probably get you back in the clubhouse w/ a little notice, I'd think.

Yeah I've actually considered something like that. Oldest is a bandwagon orioles fan so I'd definitely earn some points w that. Trying to figure it out w a beach trip. Might wait and do a long weekend or something.

Pittsburgh is pretty awesome and might be the best stadium in MLB. Pittsburgh is underrated as well. Great weekend trip. Indians are good and Jacobs Field is nice so do that. Maybe hit up Detroit as well. Easy 3 stadium tour loop.

Chicago has 2 stadiums and is an easy choice but Wrigley is crazy expensive right now.

So if you're going for 3...do the Pittsburgh Cleveland Detroit tour if you can coordinate the home dates.

White Sox Cubs and Brewers is also easy 3 stadium tour. Again aligning the dates is the issue.

Reactions: rudd1
Judge's opposite field power is remarkable. Jfc that dude is the Anthony Davis of HR hitting.

The bat he used last nite seemed a little too decorative imo. The sweet spot had more paint on it than the U and K center court at Rupp. And before you say,"No big deal.", answer this, could he use that same bat on Friday against the Sox?

The bat he used last nite seemed a little too decorative imo. The sweet spot had more paint on it than the U and K center court at Rupp. And before you say,"No big deal.", answer this, could he use that same bat on Friday against the Sox?
I demand the utmost integrity in my exhibition contests hosted by Pitbull (dale!) as well, fellow fan!

I would also like to point out that the pitching was not from the prescribed distance or height, some of the balls were not strictly MLB regulation baseballs, and I have long questioned the competitiveness and, frankly, ability of any pitcher that can have that many home runs hit off of them. I hope MLB addresses these issues pronto!

Last edited:
Reactions: ukalum01
The use of "bottles the mind" appears to have originated during/after Kentucky's embarrassing loss at Vandy during the 2015 football campaign.
It bottles the mind that the STAFF is still making the same mistakes as at as game management, getting caught with our pants down like they did in year one. I said it last week and I'll as it again, while I do like Stoops, I don't have the confidence that he will ever get much better in game. Some guys are just better as a Coordinator and he may be one of them.

Mind bottling...

Reactions: drxman1
I demand the utmost integrity in my exhibition contests hosted by Pitbull (dale!) as well, fellow fan!

I would also like to point out that the pitching was not from the prescribed distance or height, some of the balls were not strictly MLB regulation baseballs, and I have long questioned the competitiveness and, frankly, ability, of any pitcher that can have that many home runs hit off of them. I hope MLB addresses these issues pronto!

Just pointing it out dick. But hey, I get it. Dying sport and all. They don't let them used steroids anymore, which is a shame if you ask me. May I suggest a circa 1993 Easton for next years Derby.

Don't you evah, sarcastically or not, defame Mr. Worldwide. The man's a national treasure.

Wanting to take my boys on a baseball stadium trip before school starts. Looking for a relatively easy drive (5-6 hrs tops) so that basically narrows it down to
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
St Louis
Atlanta
Chicago
Any others I'm missing? Gotta think Wrigley would be the coolest but probably also the most expensive? Also my son despises kris Bryant so maybe not worth it.

I've got an old friend that does something similar with his boys but with minor league stadiums. They all love it. He'll pick out a long weekend in a set geographical area each year and knock out 3-4 games with them.
It's much less expensive than major league stadiums with multiple kids, less travel with more time to explore in an area and each kid gets a hat/shirt from random minor league teams (let's go Montgomery Biscuits!). Plus, they keep the lineup cards from each game and look for names that eventually made it to the show. Seemed like a cool idea.

I grew up going to Charleston/Kiawah every summer and I love that area...besides the shitty brown ocean water.

One of my best buds just got back from Iceland for the second time with his wife. They love it there and the plane flight was actually cheaper than flying to Colorado which was there original plan. He did say that drinking there was ridiculously expensive, as in a one ounce pour was $20. Just throwing that out there.

Been to Quebec City as well and I loved that place. Given, I was 16 and didn't know my asshole from my elbow but it was a very European type city.

Back to KY next week.

I'm sure Bonzo could help you out w/ the ideal logistics, he's lived there his entire life & is the biggest Nationals fan I know. Can probably get you back in the clubhouse w/ a little notice, I'd think.
For my true Wildcat Friends, indeed.

Not a chance I'd put my Beltway rep on the line for Brax and bad news bears wanna-be hooligans, though.

All serious Rax, the park is simple to get to via Metro if you aren't staying in the Navy Yard. Area down there has been gentrified more than NuLu with tons of places to take the runts before or after a game.

Also, Shake Shack.

- Had a Sony 4k tv loaded in my Amazon cart. Stepped in a meeting for 10 minutes and the damn thing is sold out :mad:. Lesson learned - pounce when the iron is hot.

- Even in my concert going heyday, I had zero desire to do Bonnaroo. Having said that, Taste would be the only band I'd put up with the 'Occupy Tennessee' crowd for.

- MLB record number of dingers the month of June. Nary a mention of PED's anymore. Guess folks around the game are back to covering it like the 90's .

- Loge tickets ever make their way to StubHub or is there a UKAA policy against that? Want to throw that on the Bonzo goes to places 2017 list.

- UA polo, slacks and loafs is summer office standard.

Love that subtle little nugget you just planted to Anth, there. The way you two are going these days, you'll be up in the Loge any game you want, bub.

Enjoy!

-My work blocked that Soccer link Richie posted, lolz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT