ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as dumb as white "chocolate" [eyeroll][sick]

My secretary made my yearly tin of Ritz/PB & Pretzels...both dipped in white, as always. Made a few jokes over the years about her switching it, but I guess she doesn't pick up -- don't have the heart to tell her. Oh well, just means I'll eat 96% less of it.

Little ironic that during KSR today they used Chevelle's "Take Out the Gunman" between breaks...

Just saying.

I don't mind white chocolate occasionally, but it's not chocolate. I'd rather have vanilla though if going with white desserts, I love some vanilla.

Just went out to quote a job... cleaning up the mess from the horse barn that burned down the other night after being struck by lightening. Nothing like estimating demolition volume while 23 horse corpses are still smoldering around you.

I dont really fault football players for not wanting to risk injury in exhibition games so they can prepare themselves for the draft. I mean yeah maybe it sucks for teammates or whatever but I understand their reasoning. Great if they played, but in the grand scheme of things- its really not *that* big of a deal.
Pretty much. Don't agree with quitting mid-season but the Sun Bowl and Citrus Bowl for 2 backs that would get 15+ carries and any injury could cost them millions? Not even debatable. Go get paid. If the NCAA is mad then change the rules.

Can someone please explain how RUN THEM OFF THE 3 POINT LINE actually works? Can defenders now run guys out of bounds or run over them forcing them into the expensive seats? This stupid buzzword phrase drives me crazy.

Why don't you just appreciate the gesture that this nice lady took the time to make you something?

I do, which is why I'd never say anything to her about it.

This, however, is GYERO -- where we are supposed to tell the truth with no sugar (or white chocolate) coating. White 'chocolate' sucks.

-Well, you start by picking them up on the line, or preferably a few feet past so they cannot catch the ball with a few feet of daylight in prime position to launch --which is essentially how we set up defensively on the final play . Not going UNDER the screen is also helpful . A 'catchphrase', lol. What's happened to this place?

Last edited:
73899f7e0c2031ba8524463c6eeb7d03.jpg

It's a dumb catchphrase.

Ball denial. Playing the shot. Going over the screen...Fine by me.

Aggressive close out and less pronounced weak side sag. It used to be crowd the paint and collapse was the preferred defence to allow less drive and kick, but now people are becoming competent from 3.
Everyone fancies themselves a shot blocker these days, so might as well extend the defence and force more 1 on 1 off the dribble as opposed to sag and help and get roasted on kick outs.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Aggressive close out and less pronounced weak side sag. It used to be crowd the paint and collapse was the preferred defence to allow less drive and kick, but now people are becoming competent from 3.
Everyone fancies themselves a shot blocker these days, so might as well extend the defence and force more 1 on 1 off the dribble as opposed to sag and help and get roasted on kick outs.

Sounds pretty stupid, but definitely agree people should say ^ every time instead of 3 simple words that any basketball understands, makes more sense.

MASON AND GRAHAM ARE KILLING US!!! We need to Aggressive close out and less pronounced weak side sag. It used to be crowd the paint and collapse was the preferred defence to allow less drive and kick, but now people are becoming competent from 3. Everyone fancies themselves a shot blocker these days, so might as well extend the defence and force more 1 on 1 off the dribble as opposed to sag and help and get roasted on kick outs!!!! -- @tochs

Reactions: NW50 and Hankshaker
Is the gunman the dude in the back right looking at his hand?
Yeah, reaching into his jacket for, I dunno, a gun probably since a few second later he shot and killed the guy in the foreground.

Gonna be the 2016 version of this:

th

How long before we arrive at "Player A is repeatedly bouncing the ball up and back down again at the basketball floor while running with his legs towards the basket with a net on it."

Reactions: NW50
Pet Peeve: When radio/tv guys repeatedly say "The National Football League" instead of the NFL.

I honestly think they do it because it takes longer to say it, and thus fills up more airtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT