ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
They obviously assumed he was a local, must have been wearing his skinny black jeans.

No just an apron.

So I tried to order a vodka soda at a bar. Lady looked at me funny...kept trying to say it, she looked more puzzled. Turns out "vaca" means cow. She thought I was trying to order some beef dish...understandable.

Reactions: cawoodsct
How many languages do you speak bra?

#DoYouEvenUltra
#LeadvilleMedalHolder
#SuckMyCivic

No just an apron.

So I tried to order a vodka soda at a bar. Lady looked at me funny...kept trying to say it, she looked more puzzled. Turns out "vaca" means cow. She thought I was trying to order some beef dish...understandable.

THOSE CRAZY DUMBASS SPANIARDS LOL!

I only get wifi a few times a day. It's fun to catch up. Back to the adventure.

Hasta luego.

I followed the UK-USC Football Game in 2002 on a tiny computer screen in a hotel lobby in Interlaken Switzerland, well past midnight. UK was driving in the final minutes and the feed quit...didn't get an update for like an hour. Of course, Kentucky lost.

Man, those were the days.

I love my Cats, I love country music, I love all these local journalists....and I still have no f'ing clue who JD Shelburne is.

Jordan English is the first concert, while he's perfect for a wedding or while having a few drinks on a patio, he's not exactly the national recording artist you'd expect to kick off the new season.

Eddie Montgomerys life has basically been total shit since he started this whole "lucky man" nonsense

As for Teddy Bridgewater...horrible injury...knee dislocation. Good kid. Luckily there was no artery or nerve damage...according to the latest reports. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Sorry BKH. Vikes were going to have a great year.

Reactions: BKH34
Jordan English is the first concert, while he's perfect for a wedding or while having a few drinks on a patio, he's not exactly the national recording artist you'd expect to kick off the new season.

Gonna be real funny when "sorry boys and girls just got a call from Jordan and The Crew and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....DO YALL LIKE BRUNO MARS??? YEEEEEHAWWW".

Sorry Bernie, just awful.

When once asked who he would want to take the last shot other than himself, before the question was finished, Michael Jordan replied, "Larry Bird."

As for Teddy Bridgewater...horrible injury...knee dislocation. Good kid. Luckily there was no artery or nerve damage...according to the latest reports. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Sorry BKH. Vikes were going to have a great year.
I was told Eric Kendricks and the other defensive guys who were closest to Teddy when it happened started puking and launched their helmets across the field. Non-contact play. That's the sports gods telling me I wouldn't be able to handle my team's success. 2016 ought to go and get pumped already.

Reactions: wildcat1973
- No words, Bernie. Condolences.

- Jordan English plays for pennies at the local Tin Roof happy hour. Take what you will from that as the opening act this football season :rolleyes:

- Come on CoolCat, everyone knows the best way to experience Europe these days is from behind a keyboard.

- F**king Cubs. Need that billygoat to show up so the curly W can make it to the fall classic.

- W, L, W, W, L, W, Push, L, W, L, L, W, L.

- Apparently you can get anything on Craigslist, including Mariah Carey's sister.

- DC is an underrated city. Not San Diego caliber but always overlooked as a town to visit. Worship.

- MMJ with fantastic covers of 'Purple Rain' and 'Rebel Rebel' last weekend http://www.gratefulmusic.com/2016/08/listen-to-my-morning-jackets-epic-set.html?m=1

...no clue how to clean that link up and make it look nice.

- What time the Extrav kicking off?

Reactions: anthonys735
You'll be back Max, you will most certainly be back.

tumblr_n1cvouwb9C1tpzceto1_500.gif

Reactions: WettCat
For those world travelers: I have never purchased global wifi because its really not been available for that long. Its $28 for a one day global pass but I will be on the plane to Japan during the game Saturday so I was thinking to purchase the pass. Anyone have experience with it. Is it reliable?

$28 seems like a small price to pay for Wifi on a 50 hour (free) plane ride, especially on opening CFB Saturday. JMO.

You really stressing about this?

Just not sure about the reliability. I had some issues on a domestic flight a few years ago with wifi

Yeah, I'd pretty much go crazy on that flight without the wifi. Why are you even thinking about this? o_O

Thinking about a weekend in Pittsburgh. Any recs? Obviously the Pirates/PNC Park. Anything else? Fallingwater worth the trip? Carnegie Museums? Restaurants? Seems like an underrated city.

Just not sure about the reliability. I had some issues on a domestic flight a few years ago with wifi

Even if the video is choppy or whatever, you'll still have Twitter, or one of the many Game Trackers to follow our game and 50 others...not to mention CatPaw. Again, this isn't even a discussion.

Take out a loan, get the $28 Wifi, profit.

Any other time I welcome not being able to be connected for those 14 hours in the air. Watch a shit ton of movies and not have a care in the world. But yes on college football opening weekend I want to be connected.

Wednesday Randos:

- Surprisingly, everyone I've ever talked to who has visited Pittsburgh loved the town.

- Enjoyed Jones' podcast with JD Vance. May have to read that book. Had this line playing in my head the entire time, "people had forgot about poor white trash and if that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass," which comes in a solid #3 on my all-time Coe power rankings behind "The Ride" and "You Never Even Called Me By My Name."

- Hate to admit it, but I really, really enjoy fantasy football. Makes Sundays a little more interesting, at least.

- First half of my life, I hated Labor Day weekend. Last half, it's my third or fourth favorite holiday. I am giddy. So, glad to get this summer over. It's been hot AF. There have been a million little annoying things that have gone wrong. Besides my trips, I've pretty much hated it.

- So, the lass's family is coming to town this weekend. Pretty excited to see them. Good thing her brother and dad love them some football. Grilling out and having a firepit out mom and dads Saturday night for the UK game.

- They also love them some nice restaurants so I always eat well around them. Anyone Cincinnati/NKYers been to Mita's yet? I've only grabbed a beer. Have heard good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT