ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure everyone is on pins and needles for Cal/Hawaii. Enjoy gambling on meaningless games, but don't expect everyone to get all riled up about it. Especially when there's a ninja/secret agent weapons discussion brewing.

BtB sounds weird and yeah, not all of us have proxies in Vegas, bub. We have to take what we can get. Appreciate the max bets though although I'm not tying up my entire balance on 3 season long plays.

I love fight scenes when the pen comes out. The bad guy is always shocked and rendered defenseless very quick. The neck stab is always the best, but Jason utilizes the pen pretty well here to humiliate and breakdown his opponent, finishing him with a firm punch to the nose.

Defense-Pen.gif

Reactions: drxman1
I get suckered in by the Friday Night Lights channel (Pivot) pretty much every time. Doesn't matter what season or episode they are playing, I'll stop on there when I see it and rip through 3-4 random episodes on 'accident' without fail.

What a show.

-Have also ripped through the first 4 of 'Last Chance U' this week. Amazing how much that chick is Tammy Taylor. The entire show is pretty similar to FNL, really. Good stuff.

Reactions: woodfordandwater
Watched the entire 5 season run of FNL on Pivot last year. Top 7 or 8 show for me, no doubt.

But man it's tough to watch standard def television. Shew wee. Feel like a huge poor.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I prefer it on those types of shows. Feels rustic and real.

Would be creepy to watch it on Chase's TV on channel 106, where the characters literally jump out of the TV and play football in your living room. My dogs would go nuts.[eyeroll]

Reactions: _Chase_
Worship FNL. Def top show for me as well.

Saw that Netflix documentary on Steve Aoki last night."I'll Sleep When I'm Dead."

Not bad, seems like a fun life. Minus the daddy issues.

Feel like I'm pretty well packed up. Not really looking forward to 11 hours in a metal tube. Oh well.

Doc, you're my boy and all, but unless your connection is in Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires, there's no way the flight takes 11 hours. It should be at or under 8 hours from just about anywhere on the east coast. It takes longer to get to Hawaii from here than it does Western Europe.

Doc, you're my boy and all, but unless your connection is in Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires, there's no way the flight takes 11 hours. It should be at or under 8 hours from just about anywhere on the east coast. It takes longer to get to Hawaii from here than it does Western Europe.

Venice to JFK is 9hr25min
JFK to CVG is another 2h14m

- Finally getting excited about football. I used to get excited right at the end of July, because I wanted "real" sports to pick back up, but the over-saturation by the media began to make me hate the sport and that's not fair. So I boycotted all sports talk and ESPN from the start of school until now. May actually sit down and read some college/NFL/Fantasy stuff this afternoon. We're just 7 days away (football games involving Hawaii don't really count; never have).

- Gary Allan is an underrated "mainstream" country artist. Like his voice and style. He got a late start on the scene like some of the others, but he never really sold out and went full bro-country. Looks like he has had some unfortunate Kenny Rogers style work done, but whatever.

- Five Guys is overrated. Just a sloppy mess. Glad I got that off my chest.

- The worst thing about little league baseball in my hometown was that there was apparently only one protective gonad cup. The catchers would reach into their pants and drop that thing right behind home plate in-between innings so the other catcher could come over, dust it off, and jam it down their pants. No big deal. WHAT?!?!

- Gyero passed the D-League post count some time his week. Yippee?

Should give him plenty of time to study the local appearance and dialect in order to blend in with the Veniti.... [roll] :joy:[roll][laughing] holy shit I can't hold a straight face. LMAOFfjiohnuiovnadfsg that Bob is "attempting" to blend in as local in these countries.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Yes those would be my flights home, and I did not include the layover times. Or the 2 hours before you get to the airport. Or the drive from Lex to CVG.

Venice to JFK is 9hr25min
JFK to CVG is another 2h14m

Using that logic, marcus throw in an extra hour or so for the metal tube that will be transporting you home from CVG to Lexington by way of I75.

BTW, even accounting for the additional hour or so when flying back to the US (against the jetstream), only one flight in the last week from VCE to JFK has taken longer than 9 hours (9:02 to be exact). The average is still 8.5 hours.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
I'm just going by what the airline posted.

I'll be sure to set the timer for accuracy.

That 3 game win streak they have is more likely to be three losses in a row. I'm guessing Vegas would wholeheartedly agree.

Reactions: JustinSphere
the Vandy game a week after Alabama pounds us into bloody raw hamburger is concerning. the talk all the time ist how Bama on the schedule is a 2 game losing streak.

bye week after Vandy gives 2 weeks prep for a State team universally predicted 7th in the West (just this week lost a starting corner). Mizzou & USC are going to be touching terrible, 2-10 or 3-9 for both. both of them (& probably Vandy as well) couldnt score 20 points from their offense on an empty field against air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT