ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnapChat is great, imo.

You can capture an entire day/night/event/whatever for your friends to see in 30-60 seconds of random short videos in a nice little 'Story'.
Rack. Exactly the reason that Snapchat is probably the biggest social media platform in college right now.

Facebook blows for college kids now because all of our parents/parent's friends/etc are on it. Can't exactly post pictures and videos from disgusting frat parties and the bars knowing all of them will see it. Facebook is primarily used to post status updates/nice pictures to make it appear that your life is together.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
- Chad... Fold the pocket square properly into squares so just a straight edge is poking out. You will have enough length towards the bottom that it shouldn't slink down. Unless you are some obnoxious on air NFL personality no need for the flowering out of the pocket nonsense. Clean, simple.

- Hens see the earbuds as a weapon against nagging. Think it really irritates the lass when I'm doing something around the house while zoning out to some tunes or a podcast. She can't say anything bc I'm doing helping out doing something that needs to be done but the fact I have an absolute excuse as to not hear her irritates the shit out of her. It's like a shield against control.

TAKE YOUR EARBUDS OUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS DECORATIVE PILLOW!?!

She knows this crap can wait but again it's about regaining that control where I can hear her.

- Chad... Fold the pocket square properly into squares so just a straight edge is poking out. You will have enough length towards the bottom that it shouldn't slink down. Unless you are some obnoxious on air NFL personality no need for the flowering out of the pocket nonsense. Clean, simple.

I did just that, but it continues to slide down into my pocket. All night I have to keep checking it. Annoying AF.

- Hens see the earbuds as a weapon against nagging. Think it really irritates the lass when I'm doing something around the house while zoning out to some tunes or a podcast. She can't say anything bc I'm doing helping out doing something that needs to be done but the fact I have an absolute excuse as to not hear her irritates the shit out of her. It's like a shield against control.

TAKE YOUR EARBUDS OUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS DECORATIVE PILLOW!?!

She knows this crap can wait but again it's about regaining that control where I can hear her.

I'll have the earbuds in with nothing even playing and just zone out in the middle of a conversation. Its refreshing.

Rack. Exactly the reason that Snapchat is probably the biggest social media platform in college right now.

Facebook blows for college kids now because all of our parents/parent's friends/etc are on it. Can't exactly post pictures and videos from disgusting frat parties and the bars knowing all of them will see it. Facebook is primarily used to post status updates/nice pictures to make it appear that your life is together.

I get it, but it's not for me. Imagine it's perfect for the college set. I'm an IG guy. Simple. Easy to post. Easy to scroll through when bored.

August '16: Twitter > Snap > FB > IG

Feel like IG is for people who think they are "too cool" for FB, when it's really the same thing, and they cross-post to there 90% of the time anyways, myself included. Seems redundant.

At least Twitter & Snap are something entirely different.

-Gutierrez got married about a year ago in KW. Slung quite a few drinks for him at the bar over the years and he's honestly one of he nicest, most laid back "celebrities" I've seen. Really big fan.

Actually "Junior" (Dale) is super cool too. Just keep sliding him coors lights and don't bug him.

-IG is WAY better than FB. There's no political or religious BS on there, at least not mine. And it's not just people's opinions, it's just the pics of whatever they're doing that day/week/etc. I know block or hide whoever but at this point I don't think I'd have anything to look at on FB if I did that.

Reactions: wcc31
Never signed up for Instagram. Like BBdK said. Redundant. Have no desire to learn Snapchat. Pretty sure no one wants to see videos of my dog sleeping all day or me mowing my yard anyway. No great loss for society.

Pretty wack there is no team aspect to this Golf. Not sure exactly how you would do it, but surely there is a way that would make sense.
Same way the NCAA does College team/individual tournaments seems like it woudl work fine.

Went down to the courthouse to file my final eviction papers for my tenant today... Can't even begin to imagine the state they will leave my house in. Courthouses are in fact the most depressing place imaginable. Just a lot of unfortunate situations going on within those walls. Smells like stale cigarettes in there.

Picking out our new range this week. More excited about this purchase than I was buying the actual house. Give me all the burners, I want all the btu's

People mocking all the back to school pictures need to chill. That exact photo opp has been around for decades. Our parents took one every year. Either in the driveway before hopping on the bus or in front of the fireplace. Actually pretty funny looking back at those seeing how much I never grew from year to year. Keep posting your kid pics folks, and yes more teacher pics from Chase.

Speaking of FAT! I'm officially there. Slowly crept into the 170's. And not like the good, in shape 170's- but the lazy out of shape 170's.

Gotta say, cable TV is pretty awesome.

Polished off the rest of the Jefferson's Ocean bottle and went and bought another one. Will move it directly into my top tier of bourbons. Probably wont share it with anyone this time around though. When it was a gift- i felt obligated to share... not anymore- buy your own stash.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
As a parent I enjoy the back to school pictures. Its a snapchat in my children's lives as they grow. And its interesting to compare their year to year growth. Facebook just makes those pictures that much more accessible, especially for family members.

Thumbs up for sure.

Reactions: SportsGuyNIndy
-Range is easily my favorite upgrade in the house. Not close.

-Still lying awake at 1am + bunch of morning nonsense + 3 day weekend coming up. I'm just .00005% above worthless. Extension rings -> clicks ignore and growls.

-Back to school pics are awesome. Why would anyone mock that?

Back to school pics and kid pics got way more awesome once my closest friends started having kids. I really can't get enough of it, to be honest.

Reactions: wildcat1973
-Karch is coaching the USA Women's Team. I'm not proud of the fact that I know that.

-I love all the swimming events in Rio, but I wish they'd occasionally scroll the start times on the screen so you can know when to flip back if you occasionally want to check out something else between major races. Someone(Richard Deitsch of SI, maybe) has been tweeting out the start times, but it would be nice if NBC could post the same.

-Mark Story smacking back at UKO is my new Twitter hatboggan.

-Back-to-School pics on FB breaks up the non-stop string of political memes, recipes, and people slinging their MLM nonsense, so I'm all for it.

Reactions: GrandePdre
:joy:

When Mark Freaking Story lays your ass out, metaphorically speaking, it's time to hang em up. Did John Clay hop in and pile on, too?

Reactions: wcc31
I'd go out on a hiking adventure with PTI, dude's an Eagle Scout! Plus he's great at starting fires and bottoming out whores.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
Fun socks guy always seems to steer the conversation in a direction to discuss his fun socks. It's like being around a Cross Fitter or a vegan. I mean, at some point, you WILL be chatting about it.

Just suck it up and get it over with.

I've always found the best way to keep a pocket square from sliding down is to not have GD pocket square.

Pocket squares, "FUN" socks, suspenders, ---------> GTFO, imo

That's because you're a redneck, Dennis. In large metropolitan areas like Cincinnati, we wear pocket squares with our suits/jackets.

Can relate- I have some Kentucky blue crew socks with white stripes and the wildcat logo on the sides from Homage that I can't stop talking about.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Fun socks guy always seems to steer the conversation in a direction to discuss his fun socks. It's like being around a Cross Fitter or a vegan. I mean, at some point, you WILL be chatting about it.

Just suck it up and get it over with.
And the worst part is that he thinks he's trendy. Dude, RG3 was sporting fun socks in the 2012 NFL Draft. Which means it was played out even back then.

I'm a sock guy for sure. I have some fancy hiking socks that I wear regularly, go with wool most of the time in the winter (mostly Smartwool), and some nice wool dress socks for regular dressy occasions. I enjoy breaking out some wild socks for something like Derby or a cocktail party though, same with a fedora from time to time.

That's because you're a redneck, Dennis. In large metropolitan areas like Cincinnati, we wear pocket squares with our suits/jackets.

Actually, I take it all back. Pocket squares and fun socks are great, cause they let you know right off the bat the dudes with no actual personality that want to seem like they are interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT