ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Hannah Storm read the Saunders death announcement is pretty rough as well. I can't imagine having to do that. I've had a couple of instances where employees have died in their sleep and I've had to go tell my team and that is an awful experience.

What else are they supposed to do? They report the news.
Yeah, real news agency they are.

I don't know what exactly they should do, but my inclination would be to not put a camera in a guy's face 3 minutes after you tell him a mentor/closefriend has died unexpectedly and ask him to talk about it in front of millions of people. Maybe, just maybe, give him an hour or two to process the information, maybe make a few phone calls, collect his thoughts, and then go on TV.

Doesn't really seem to be asking a hell of a lot, IMO

Reactions: ukalum01
Watching Hannah Storm read the Saunders death announcement is pretty rough as well.

This, to me, is much different than what they had Stephen A on to do. She reported the news, and that was that. They wanted Stephen A. to go on TV and cry. If you (the collective you, not specifically you Ladycat) think otherwise you are a naive fool.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Its scheduled opening back in 2014 was delayed reportedly due to alarming complications including one that saw water rafts detach from the slide and fly off into the air.

A safe dangerous

John Saunders was great.

I wore out this VHS when I was a kid.

Plus he was on play by play when Brassow came up big.

A 12-year-old boy who took his turn on the water slide just three days before 10-year-oldCaleb Schwab was killed on it says that during the ride only one thing was holding him in: velcro.

"I was kind of shocked," Noah Boganowski tells PEOPLE. "I thought there would be belts holding us in but instead it was just velcro. It was across your chest and across your legs. You would just stick the velcro to the other piece." While riding Verrück water slide at Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City, Kansas – the tallest water park in the world – he remembers going down a steep decline and "feeling like it could have come loose."

At least two other people have reported their velcro straps did come loose or snap within the past year, according to the Associated Press .

His mother, Liz, who wasn't at the park with him, says that her son strapped himself in on his own. A ride operator came by, looked at his restraint and although he was asked if it was on tight, no one double checked. While park employees made sure the four people in total on each raft weighed between 400 and 550 pounds, Noah says that no one asked him his height or age. "They didn't ask you anything like that," he says.

Dr. Kenneth Solomon at the Institute of Risk & Safety Analysis tells PEOPLE it would be very concerning if the ride in fact only used velcro as a constraint. "That's a definite no-no," he says. "Velcro is not good for force that pulls outward. It also doesn't secure well and most importantly if there is any kind of debris in the velcro material it would affect the ability to adhere." Plus, he said, all rides similar to this one should not only be required to ask your height but also have a measuring device mounted on the wall. "If he's too small it's clearly a problem because you can gain a lot of velocity in that kind of drop," he says.

----------------------

TFP, that entire park will be bankrupt and closed within a year or two.

That lawsuit is teed up and ready to be ripped a thousand yards through the fairway, out of the atmosphere and into the center of the sun.

Other patrons only had velcro strapping them in = check.
Other patrons felt it may come loose as well = check.
No one checked to see that height and weight requirements were met = check.
No one checked to see if velcro was fastened correctly on a child = check.
Expert witness already on board = check.
Gruesome decapitation = check.
Son of a legislator = check.
Quote about ride being "safe dangerous" = check

Verruckt is German for crazy/insane.

No major maintenance or major inspections since the ride opened.

I think this is a major problem for all water parks. You are basically free falling out of control in water with no ability to stop on most of these slides...many of them without cover to keep you from going over the sides.

Atlantis is pretty wild. Not strapped in and if you were a wild teenager you could potentially land on the ground or in a shark filled tank. No big deal.

-PTI(pti) the point is what I said. It's neither as bad as the sensitive media said it would be and certainly nothing like NBC and you want to portray. There have been several incidents already. The final descent in the bike was crazy and the bikers were crazy for attacking it the way they did.

I feel bad for SAS, but they didn't "throw him on the air". That's HIS show, and the one he earns 3M+ annually to do.

Not like they could just avoid the topic, or lead off with Ray Rice or whatever per usual. Sad situation, but if given the option, I bet he'd come on and done the show to say his piece about his friend regardless.

Reactions: JustinSphere
The algae blooms in the Olympic pools seem odd
Its perfectly normal.
CpcQeraWIAEJrzA.jpg

Drew Barker completing 70% of his throws in helmets and shorts seems alarmingly low considering we're hoping he's 60%+ against SEC defenses in actual games.

Whatever, though.

Drew Barker completing 70% of his throws in helmets and shorts seems alarmingly low considering we're hoping he's 60%+ against SEC defenses in actual games.

Whatever, though.
That's 70% vs the best DB's in the SEC.*

*according to the SEC Network per KSR.

Why would I have lunch with Eric Trump? Guy is barely Secretary of the Treasury-caliber.
He honestly has the look of someone that could eventually be in favor of enacting an ethnic cleansing.

Not saying he would *today* just that he probably would *some day*

I still have Tupac edging out Biggie. It's not a huge, obvious advantage like Ichiro over Rose, but Tupac remains the greatest,

Meant better have done something really wrong in order for this suspension to be just. Like, something really awful because we all know the rest of the conference is lining up their fair share of criminals on Saturdays that have probably done much, much worse.

Saban let's everyone know he's in charge and he will address any and all discipline issues internally. You gotta problem with that, media? I'm doing the kid a favor by not throwing the baby out with the bath water. We'll win on the field, the kid will learn from his mistake and will benefit from a personal growth standpoint bc I'm the fatherly figure this kid never have.

This thing reeks of ole Milk Toast Mitch & his self righteous top button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT