ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally finished "Go Set a Watchman"- which I dont have any long winded opinion on other than it was ok. Just started "13 hours" which surprisingly is quite interesting from a historical standpoint. The decade to decade extreme changes in the middle east are fascinating as well as terrifying.

That weird tirade by Marshall looked like it occurred at a middle school gym. He could have been upset about having to travel to Canada.

In high school, my father was doing me a solid and taking my car to fill it up. This was a rare occurrence- think maybe he did when i bought the car, then maybe 1-2 other times when my cash flow was lean. Anyway, he left a note in my drivers seat for me that said "filled up your tank, broke your CD" and the note lay on a 2pac greatest hits CD he had snapped in pieces, angry at the language when he turned on the ignition and that happened to be playing. He would give me a talking to that began with "Do you think your girlfriends father would be happy with you parading her around town with that trash blaring from your car?" Really cut me to the quick.

JumpBall (BonzoNation Edition) could easily be transformed into an Olympic Event. His father could coach, and honestly could likely still compete.

Britt McHenry seems to have made it through her tirade at the tow truck place just fine. Again, those things happen, but as long as you are attractive- you can get through it.

Reactions: Stonewall12
The streets of Rio are perfect for a Kumite, tbh.

I read GSAW out of curiosity since so many people seemed to have such strong, varying opinions on it. And because i just joined the public library and it was on the "featured shelf" just as it is at every other Alabama library branch. Also reading 13 Hours because it was on the "featured shelf" just as it is at every other Alabama library branch.

So what exactly is judo? Looks to me like a couple of guys rolling around on a mat. I expected it to be more like the All-Valley Karate Championship. For a discipline that counts Austin Powers and Barney Fife among its practitioners, I've been underwhelmed.

* BYU clearly states in their code of honor that you can be kicked out of school for being gay. So yeah, that's pretty f'd up. Baylor actually has a similar policy. Baylor. Think about that irony/hypocritical nonsense for a second.

* Tim Tebow is trying to become a professional baseball player, and invited all 30 teams to watch him try out. Seriously.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tim-tebow-pursue-career-professional-baseball

* Breakfast power rankings = waffles, pancakes, french toast. Mine....

1> french toast
2> pancakes
3> waffles

* Lou Malnati's is a perfect example of foodies inflating their own sense of importance. Once it became too popular, and too many people found out about it, it's not cool anymore. Can't wait until Pequod's opens 6 more locations, and it will magically become shit.

Hey, you listen to [insert band name]?
Yeah, bro......but I really only like their older stuff, before they sold out.

[eyeroll]

* There's always that ONE GUY in an organization. Doesn't perform particularly well, just barely hangs onto his job, can't sell to save his life, has never been promoted, frequently gets reassigned simply to shuffle him around to another equally unimpressive role....

...but, god forbid you ever have a question about policy, procedure, how to locate important documents on the company intranet site -- dude is on freaking point. Total know-it-all. Just a treasure trove of information. Knows all the ins and outs.

Here's to you, Mr Terrible At His Job Know It All Guy.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
So the kid that died at the water park Sunday in Kansas City was in fact decapitated.

Jesus

So the kid that died at the water park Sunday in Kansas City was in fact decapitated.

Jesus

That's pretty sickening, and I'm sure almost entirely preventable.

Castaneda said he had ridden the slide earlier in the day with his cousin's 14-year-old daughter. She had told him that her safety belt's Velcro came undone towards the end of her ride.

A safety belt that uses velcro. Who the f*ck thought that was a good idea?

"It's dangerous, but it's a safe dangerous now. Schlitterbahn is a family water park, but this isn't a family ride. It's for the thrill seekers of the world, people into extreme adventure."

That quote from a couple of years ago is going to come back and bite that waterpark in the ass. Hard.

"It's dangerous, but it's a safe dangerous now. Schlitterbahn is a family water park, but this isn't a family ride. It's for the thrill seekers of the world, people into extreme adventure."

That quote from a couple of years ago is going to come back and bite that waterpark in the ass. Hard.

That and the fact that they must have atleast 400 lbs of weight in the sled and given that it was him, his mother, and his aunt, it probably was on the edge or below min and not enforced.

I'd start with this guy, Hank.

hqdefault.jpg

-Like most uncomfortable terrible things, I prefer to ignore so lets move along.

-Breast and back were the two strokes taught as rescue strokes if you get in trouble in open water. Very useful. Butterfly seems dumb.

-Russian diplomat attacked and shot a guy. A group of athletes shot at. Athlete mugged. Pool turned green over night. Australian team robbed. Cycling course about killed a few people. All in the first week. It's not as bad so far as some media wanted it BUT let's be honest... shady shit is still happening.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
^ all that stuff happened in NOLA last night too.

-Lou Malnati's is fine, it's okay -- just not the pantheon of Chicago pizza. It's also nothing like Pequod's, they couldn't be much more different in terms of style. They're both in Chicago, that's about it.

If your idea of perfect pizza is a casserole on top of a thick crumbly buttered biscuit, Lou's is your place.

Also, Coolcat quit Bloodline before it even really started. It's a slow burn for sure for those first several episodes, but around episode 7-8 it really takes off. Those last 5 episodes are about as good as it gets on TV, imo. If Danny's character doesn't 'grip' you around then, you suck at television. Terrible call.

Reactions: parrott
4 broken colars bones, 1 fractured pelvis, 3 fractured vertabrae.

Crazy final descent out of the rain forest left a bunch of riders lying for dead on the side of the road.

Not really the fault of Brazil, as those dumbasses were taking some crazy risks.

Cycling course about killed a few people. All in the first week. It's not as bad so far as some media wanted it BUT let's be honest... shady shit is still happening.

So, which is it?

Last edited:
* How can you hate the whole Bloodline family?? Kyle Chandler is awesome in everything he does. The hot daughter is....well, hot. Very likeable. They're not bad people, they just did a very bad thing.

* Your an idiot.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
-Russian diplomat attacked and shot a guy. A group of athletes shot at. Athlete mugged. Pool turned green over night. Australian team robbed. Cycling course about killed a few people. All in the first week. It's not as bad so far as some media wanted it BUT let's be honest... shady shit is still happening.
Counterpoint...last time the US hosted the summer Olympics a bomb went off and killed some people and injured 100+.

I hate the mom in bloodline more than anyone else, and it's not even close. I'm really rooting for her to get murdered/arrested/raped/drugged/kidnapped/cannibalized/etc...

She's got to have bodies or stash of cash or drugs buried under or in the walls of that bungalow that they can never get fixed.

-Most Olympic sports are arbitrary. Hell look at the events that gymnasts do. Uneven bars? Pommel horse? Rings?

-The four different strokes in swimming are completely different in terms of mastering them at an elite level. Breaststroke (which does NOT expend the most energy) has the least in common with everything else. Pretty much why you don't see Phelps competing in it, and world record holder breaststrokers almost never are at a similar level in other strokes.... But you'll see the same names pop up across other disciplines. The IMs are fun to watch because every swimmer tackles them differently, especially the 400, based on their strengths and weaknesses.

The distances for each stroke require completely different strategies. Freestyle has a few too many distances, the 400 and 1500 are unnecessary to the average viewer but if you follow the sport they're fun to get into too. Would be cool if the announcers would educate a little about the strategy of races but it's really all about the storylines for the olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT